Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Bon Voyage!

Well, I am leaving first thing Thursday morning and flying to Seattle, WA. where we will board the ship and cruise to Vancouver, Victoria and Nanaimo (British Columbia). We have relatives in Vancouver, so we will be able to see them while we are there. While I am excited to go, the truth is, I don't know that we will survive the flight. I have some Valium here, but that won't save my ass as the plane goes down, will it? And if we do make it there, it will be hard to relax because I know we will probably die on the way back. *sigh* Not only is it likely the plane will crash, but I am also claustrophobic, so my last hours will be spent miserably. I know we should have driven, but the family voted and decided it would be smarter to fly. I have no choice. So this is my goodbye post to all my old (and new) friends. If I die, you will know by Tuesday when I don't check in.

If I do make it back ok, I will admit that I am being paranoid.

In the meantime, could you guys tell me where you are all from...I see some of you have it in your profile, but not everyone.

34 comments:

arkie said...

*smooch* You will be fine. Trust me, I know these things. OK, I really don't, but I'm sure you will be fine.

And I live in Tennessee, but am "from" Arkansas.

Eric G said...

Have a safe trip :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rose said...

Did you know that more people die when they open Carey's fridge then they do in plane crashes???

Just sayin'.

Zombs said...

Well hopefully if your plane does go down it does on the way home so you get the vacation!

Just kidding...you will be fine. Have fun.

Yeah I am from Long Island, NY. Born here, live here.

Breezy said...

*smooch* Have a great time. You'll be fine.

I'm in MI like Rose, who didn't answer your question.

Bravie said...

We'll know before Tuesday. Plane crashes usually make the news. *smirk*
You'll be fine. Wave when you fly over SF. I'll wave back.
Have a great time. *smooch*

BlindSlim~CSTL said...

Wow and I thought you were joking when you said you were paranoid the other day. Dont worry, I think I'm going down everytime I fly and I fly quite a bit. You'll be fine, just take the valium and a shot of Jack Daniels and you wont even remember the flight.

*smooch*

Glowie said...

*smoooooooooch* Valium is your friend.

I'm from Pittsburgh-ish, Pennsylbama.

momma said...

*smooch* You will be just fine. Are the girls going with?

And me? Bet ya can't guess where I'm from.

Seana said...

You'll be fine. If you're going to distract yourself, don't so it with those stupid radio stations. Holy crap, whoever picks the music for those must hate airplane passengers.

I'm from Ontario, Canada - right on the westernmost tip of Lake Ontario.

Coco said...

You're going to visit my mom? She lives near Victoria (where I lived for ten years, though I'm originally from way up in northern BC).

Nanaimo is an armpit, but you should enjoy the other places.
Zen Sushi on Fort Street is the best (read: cheap and filling) place in the world to eat sushi, if you like that sort of thing, and Murchie's on Government is the place to buy tea.

mm said...

Thanks everyone, I still think today is my last day, but I appreciate all the encouraging thoughts. Of course as we go down, I will be thinking of everyone here who promised me I'd be fine. LOL!

The kids are going mommma (one boy one girl). Partly why I feel so guilty...what kind of parent lets her children fly?


Coco, I'll be extra nice to all the women who look to be in their 60s, in case it's your mom.
And Nanaimo has some sentimental memories for my dad, I think he lived there briefly as a child...anyhow, I'm much more excited about Victoria.

*smooches*

Coco said...

Victoria is great, it really is. How much time do you have there? Are you doing a guided tour or just wandering around? Let me know if you need any info.

If you see a tall, skinny gray-haired lady with glasses wandering around looking abstracted, that's her. To make sure, frisk her. If she's covered in dog hair and carrying at least one apple identification manual, you've hit the jackpot.

jenbeauty said...

Have a great trip!!

mm said...

Coco, I think we are going to a museum in Victoria, I don't know the name, and the gardens, as well. I'll remember the sushi place, my brother would love that.

Thanks!

*smooches* to Jenbeauty!

Coco said...

The Royal B.C. museum is great. Tea at the Empress (where I used to work) is all right, but expensive. The tea at Butchart Gardens (where I used to work as well) is nice too, and cheaper.

SenZushi: Order the dinner (or lunch) special. It's really the only way to go.

Coco said...

*green post*

Have fun! And don't worry about flying. You'll be fine!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bravie said...

I forgot to eveil eye Rose.

Seana said...

One final *smooch* before I pack it in for the night.

Be brave! Well, not Brave.

:-)

mm said...

Well here I am, at 1:30am and the fact that I am here commenting really goes to show you how screwy my priorities are. I have three hours until we leave, and I still have packing, ironing and cleaning to do. I don't even know which shoes I am taking for sure. So far the knee-high high-heeled boots are the only must haves, besides the tennies of course. But do I need regular heels? Or my black slip-ons? And can you wear brown and red together? I got some brown dress pants tonight but don't know what to put with them. And does this mean I need my brown boots, too? Oh man, then I would need different jewelry too...maybe I'll stick to the black stuff. *sigh* I want to go to sleep, but there is no chance of that now. I'll see you all when (if) I get back.

{{hugs}}

Anonymous said...

I think it's actually supposed to be safer to fly than to drive. I too get a little paranoid about plane rides.

You'll be fine. Have a great trip.

And I'm from Virginia.

Monstah said...

Sorry. I am late again. I shall just say "Welcome home" then because you will read this when you get back.

Seana said...

Hi! It's late on Thursday night and I thought about you.

Chrissy (woe) said...

In the event of an emergency water landing, keep in mind that the seat isn't really a great floatation device as it will no doubt be covered in poo. That was to lighten the mood :D

I will miss you most, but then with my schedule I already do.

Hi to all the other ladies (and gents) and I am in Hawaii, but you already knew that ;-)

Big *SMOOCHES*

Seana said...

LOL @ woe!

I'm here to leave my Day 2 without MM message:

Miss you!

I'm not like a freaky stalker at all.

*steals MM's garbage*

yvonne said...

I'm late to the party. I hate being late. Since I haven't seen any news reports of a plane crash I'm going to guess our lovely MM is enjoying her cruise. Yay!

I love cruises. Everyone should take a cruise at least once in their life.

Oh yeah ... I am from Maryland. Born here, live here.

Seana said...

I probably shouldn't leave so many messages.

Sorry!

BlindSlim~CSTL said...

I just stopped by to post a Missing You message on your blog too. Waaaahhh...come home now. *smooch*

Seana said...

Oh good! It won't just be me, then. Hi, CSTL!

momma said...

AHEM! It is Tuesday morning. Where are you?

Syren said...

Would you get back already. I think I'm having withdrawls...

*smooch*