Friday, September 16, 2005

Good freakin' morning

Well, I just got done doing ICB's ten questions, and I answer the one about what would you never do for money. Then I go back and read everyone elses answers and I feel like a shallow moron. I would never touch a spider? Other people said stuff like "I would never murder, leave my kids", etc. But whatever, I did it all in jest. Then...payback.

I grab my shredded wheat and MY cereal bowl, the one I like the best, because it's mine, and what do you know? Inside the bowl is a big, huge, nasty, freakin, SPIDER! It tried to run up the side of the bowl but the bowl is too slick, so it just slid back in. So I took a few steps back, very calmly and decided to maturely dispose of the spider. Yeah...RIGHT!

I started cursing, waving my arms around, pacing the living room and then of course I started to whimper, because truly, spiders are like Satan to me. And here he was, in my cereal bowl. After screaming at the cat, (because he should have noticed the spider in the house, right?) I got a book and set it on top the bowl. A heavy book, so the spider can't get out. And it will sit there until DH comes home. *sigh* I knew I have should have stayed in bed.

Edited to add~ further proof that I should go back to bed...as I went out to start some laundry I came thisclose to stepping on a dragonfly the cats left on the floor for me. Thank Gawd it was dead, but still. What is this world coming to?

10 comments:

Rose said...

*rofl*

That is toooo funny. Put a ziplock over the bowl, turn over, seal, and take outside to trash.

poor thing.

mm said...

HA! Do you have any idea how hard it was for me to put the book on the bowl? Just getting close to it after knowing it was in there...*shiver*

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Zombs said...

That is so funny!Who knew you were so shallow? Hee heee, just kidding!

I am the same way about bugs. The only time I ever got one was when one was going near my infant daughter.

Bravie said...

Honey, I was just as shallow. I couldn't care fucking less. I'm shallow. It was a shallow thread. Pooey on the grown up answers. Assholes. HAH!!! that felt good.

And really, I'm just riled up because of the spider. You did better than I would have. I would have thrown the bowl, god knows where and then I would have run out of the room. I would ahve found hairspray and a lighter and burned the house down just to make sure that bug was dead. *shuder* ACK. I'm scared now. bkjahdgdknfkskjd, that was me freaking out over the thought of a spider. *sigh* Yuck.

Seana said...

Bwahahaha!

I lvoe you so much. It *was* a shallow thread. I wanted to give a funny shallow answer, but I couldn't think of one. I can now, though. "Kiss my fat ugly bastard neighbour, the stupid shit". I'd never, ever do that for any money. Ew. Ew.

OK, I have to go take a shower now.

Syren said...

Sweetie...I feel ya...

I am so trying not to laugh. I had a friend who passed out once because of a spider. When he went to get a rake out of the shed, he put his hand on the handle, and up the shovel and onto his hand the spider came. He already had a fear of them, but having one crawl on him was too much.

I just lvoe you. Thank you soooo much.

yvonne said...

I was just coming to tell you I have a purdy picture of a big ole spider in my blog, but you already knew that.

*rubs hands together*

*evil laugh*

Coco said...

What is wrong with you people? Spiders are your friend. They are clean. They eat bugs. Yeesh.

I'll fix your spider for you.

(if you promise to remove the next dead bird from my porch, that is).

Bravie said...

Why does there have to be spider talk in all these blogs. *runs and hides*