Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Money, money, money

So today my DH calls me and says he needs money. Why? you ask. Because over 6 months ago when we got our new carpet, he didn't pay for it. The guy he works for finally asked him today for it. I normally have a pretty casual attitude about money but today...it pissed me off royally.
Everytime we have any money, it is gone before we know where it went. So last time, I tell DH we should put it in my account, where it will be safe. More than once we have gone through thousands of dollars without realizing it. Of course we are able to look back and see where some of it goes but a lot of the time it's just gone. We like to play, we like to take the kids out and do stuff but this is freaking ridiculous. So for safe keeping it is in my bank now. And now today I had to transfer $1000 to his account. He never even told me we didn't pay for the carpet originally. I thought it was paid for back when we had the money for it. Now? We don't. I had to cough it up of course but it hurts. It's not just extra money. We are not rich. We are struggling like everyone else, paycheck to paycheck.
Last month I asked him for our account balance and we were down 2 grand. I didn't get angry, I didn't say much. I was heartsick of course but I knew it wasn't entirely his fault. I was so proud of myself for being good about it. Well today was a different story. When he got home I laid into him pretty hard. He felt like an ass (which is good) and he went back to work. The problem is I'm still pissed about it. When he got off work, I asked him to take the kids and go somewhere. Anywhere. Just go. He just called me and is taking them out to dinner, after buying DS some new shoes and stuff. I needed to vent so here it is. I feel like a bitch. I just can't help it. I'm trying so hard to have a savings account and he just screwed it up by not being responsible. Did he think the carpet guys would forget? Hello? Ugh! He's on my shit list right now and he doesn't even know it. I know I have to let it go but I think I will do it tomorrow. Sorry for the rant.

2 comments:

Chrissy (woe) said...

Bummer. I would be pissed too. What am I talking about? You already know how mad I get when Trav fucks up where money is concerned. And rightly so, for both of us.

Sorry is all I can offer and ((((MM))))) *smooch* Chris

BlindSlim~CSTL said...

I'm a mess when it comes to money too. I try to save but something always comes up. You did good to give him a little rip. He should have paid when the services were delivered, nothing worse than finding out months down the road you owe money you no longer have.

{{ hugs }}