to really update. I have some pics I want to share from the weekend, and I will, but not tonight.
I almost fell asleep on the way to work this morning. The traffic was so bad that a 20 minute drive took me 50 minutes and I was 5 minutes late to work. :( When I walked in, my boss saw me and tapped on his watch. I apologized and explained how long it had taken and his response was amazing. He was absolutely disgusted and he felt awful for me. He genuinely wasn't the least bit concerned about my being late. He said something about either moving the office closer to me or moving my start time. We were kinda joking and that was the end of it for the day. But when I went to leave, it came up again and he asked me if it would be easier on me if I just left at 9 every morning. I told him it would be awesome and he said that was my new start time. :) I told him I would stay until 5:30 and he agreed (which is easy because I stay late almost every day anyways, lol). He asked if it would work out with my kids because he knows that my main concern is being home for them. I was just so surprised at how he didn't hesitate to change things for *my* comfort. I had just assumed I would have to start leaving earlier every day and deal with the drive (it's worse because all the schools are in session now, I guess).
I no longer dread going to work because of Kelly, either. We seem to be in a good place. So that's one update about *one* area of my life. About 4 million to go...lol.
Quick side note~ I'm enjoying Big Brother a lot this season. In the past, I hated people so much it made me sick to see them advance. It's been nice to see people that I actually kinda like, getting so far. At this point, while I definitely have a favorite (Dan), I really won't mind who wins either way. People complain about it being a "boring cast" but c'mon, we can't have *everything*. At least we have some decent people in there at this stage in the game.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Awesome bosses recognize when they have awesome employees, and make sure they're happy! ;-)
You sure do have a nice boss!
Agree on BB having some likeable cast members this time around. I wish Dan could win but I'm not sure how he will pull that off - especially if he & Memphis are the final 2. I wonder how Dan and Michelle will get along at the beach?
That is an awesome boss!!!
One of the things I worry about in finding a new job is Conner going to school. Ideally I would like to be the one to put him on the bus. And I could do that and still get here in time.
I too love BB. I love Memphis. The only problem I'm having is that Conner loves Jerry for some reason. Uggghhh. Jerry.
Yay for awesome boss! I have to go home this afternoon to get our Dish fixed, and my boss said "Why are you here this morning? You didn't have to come in for the morning."
Yay for good times at work.
I hate Jerry. I do NOT want Jerry to win. And I am sad that Keesah is gone. I normally to not find blondes to be attractive but oh fer heck if she isn't the most beautiful blonde I have ever seen in my life. *thud*
Post a Comment