I knew treading into the political threads was a bad idea. There is so much I want to learn, and would love to discuss, but certain posters, no actually, I'll name her, Singer, makes it impossible for me to go in there. Her ridiculous habit of starting every sentence in the subject line is obnoxious and I find her insufferable. I always have to go back up and read the subject line so her posts make sense (and that's still a stretch). Congratulations Geg, I now have someone I avoid more than you. Does anyone remember when Singer was new? I thought her posting habit was similar to mattben in that it was just plain weird. She kept starting political threads and there were so many that a few would just fall off the first page. Yet she kept coming back... I'm actually shocked she's still there.
Ugh. /rant
P.S. Thank cod for you guys who are trying to keep it fun over there. I know there is a place for politics there, but I'm starting to think it's not for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




34 comments:
I've gotten so tired of the people there that I finally took OT off my Favorites list. I can still get there of course - I remember the URL.
That said, I've recently seen some of your forays into the political threads and I've been impressed with your contributions. I think that board needs more of your stabilizing presence. To me, you come across very smart.
Singer bugs me. I skip over everything she writes, along with geg and a couple others.
*gigglesnort*
Um, yeah, you will need to check your mail.
I agree with Mark in holding your own in the deep end.
This is exactly what I was talking about yesterday with the 'ignore function'. On another board I frequent, if you don't like a certain poster or what they have to say, you put them on your ignore list. From then on, you can see that they have posted, you just can't see what they said. Makes me very happy to just skip over them. PRE, Rudy, Singer, Gag, Prof_Wagstaff would all be placed there immediately.
I canNOT wait for election season to be over with. Gak.
I meant I agree with Mark about MM holding her own. When is blogger going to get an edit function?
You've taken the words right out of my mouth. I just said yesterday I wish she were banned more than anyone else (even more than Rudy, which is big for me).
Well said, MM. I agree with you.
I agree, too.
BTW, is it just me, or is Geg MIA? I know, no one really cares, but I'm just curious if there have been any bannings.
MTW, I find it really sad that you left after so many years. :( Do you think it's gotten worse, or is it *you* that has changed somehow?
And thanks. *smooch*
Boo, it appears as though you are now a rule making bully girl! :P
tkit, I know for a fact that I would be able to "ignore" Singer, despite my nosiness. I usually like to see what people have to say, but I only end up with a knot in my stomach when I see her posts. Too bad we don't have that function.
LOL, Kim. Me too. :) Of course, Rudy doesn't post nearly as much as she does so it makes it an easier choice for me.
Thanks Frodis. :)
Hmm, maybe Arkie should post an East Coast Geg Watch thread, lol. I haven't been over there enough to notice who's *not* there. I'll have to pay closer attention.
So glad it's not just me.
I will jump on the bandwagon and join what will probably be called the bully bandwagon.
Look, there is a way to discuss politics and a way not to. Geg,Singer, Rudy and PRE are four examples of the way not to. When they speak, I have no desire to hear what they say because they are just speaking to impress themselves with how much they know about their party.
I will never vote republican but there are views that I will listen to if presented in a way that I can deal with. None of their views impress me in the slightest.
I doubt Geg has been banned. She probably found a liberal board to discuss things with other people who are equally impressed with themselves.
Singer is just a bitch. That's all there is to it. She contributes zero to our boards. I said it somewhere else, once the elections are over we won't see her anymore because she won't have anything to talk about. She impresses herself and nobody else. Politics seems to be all that she knows so she won't have anything to talk about when it is finished.
So stick around. After November it will calm down.
Sadly, I have to agree that of the hardcore political talkers over there, it's the Democrats who make me more sick than those on the right.
I agree with what Mark said when he and I were discussing gay marriage. Yes, those on the left do think that those on the right are wrong but those on the left act as if those on the right are stupid. (not his words but the same idea). You lose more people with that approach in my opinion. If I were on the fence and it were Singer and Geg who were trying to convince me to vote for their party, I would run as far to the right as I could go.
I adore you, Carey. *smooch*
Geg just posted that she was on vacation.
And *smooch* I adore you as well. :)
Is it possible she is evil enough to leave for a few days every now and then just to get our hopes up? LOL.
If everyone is smooching each other, I want in on the action please!
*smooch*
Hey! You can't come in here and start snooching unless you agree with me first! :P
*temporary smooch, pending agreement*
I *always* agree with you. And I LOL'ed at your thoughts of evil Geg. :D
*permanent smooch*
*or is it "snooch?*
My thoughts of geg leaving just to mess with us was really pretty self-centered, lol. I'm sure she'd agree, too. But never-the-less, I *did* consider it. *grin*
*real smooch* (snooch was a nickname for a former OT poster so I can't adopt that one without always thinking of her)
*smoochback*
Who was "snooch"?
Dood, don't make me go all archive crazy on you! Snoocharoo (I think) was her name. She was banned over something stupid and people were quite upset over it (if I recall correctly). It was a LONG time ago.
LOL. Don't bother going archive hunting. Now I remember. (okay, no I don't. It was before either of us were on OT, I think. I don't want you to waste your time hunting though.)
Ahem. What have I been saying all along! *grin*
Seriously. Singer truly wants to make vote against whoever she is trying to support. Even if I agree with her.
Putting all caps in the subject line is just obnoxious as well. I got into it with her once in the beginning about starting the sentence in the subject line as well. I think she was saying that someone was calling Obama uppity(another of her favorite emotionally loaded words) when they weren't.
I guess we must be the thought police.
Oh what was this about the pm's to Boo? Was it her?
Just for the record, Snooch quit and made a big to do about it.
I remember, because she's the one that forced Misto into giving me my nickname. She said my screen name made her think I was a feminine hygiene spray.
Bitch.
*snort
Zombs, you'd have to go look in Boo's blog where that was discussed. I don't remember what all went on with that.
I think I remember it now, Tummy. But I'm pretty sure she was banned for making a big to do about it. Gah, it's been ages since I looked through the archives...
Re: Snooch banning.
Snooch made some interesting comments about gays. Something to the effect of "so they're discriminated against, they need to just get over it." Then she went back and edited her comment. Obviously, it didn't go over well. From there, I am not sure if that was exactly what it took to get her banned. But after she was banned, she came back with a different screen name. Something along the lines of Kharmic Dharma and after about 100 posts they figured it out and banned her again. Haven't seen her since.
This from Bravie:
"Yes, those on the left do think that those on the right are wrong but those on the left act as if those on the right are stupid."
I couldn't agree more and I think that is why I have such a problem with the peeps mentioned above.
LOL, after re reading what I wrote after Tkit wrote it, I meant those on the RIGHT think those on the left are wrong and those on the left think those on the right are stupid and uncaring. See what happens when I type when I am all heated.
That MM sure knows how to bring out the controversy. *giggle*
And I meant "interesting" in a bad way. I should have used 'disparaging'. Dernit.
(BLOGGER! Give us an edit function!)
Bravie, I understood what you meant. :)
Yep what tkit said on Snooch. She was banned and came back for awhile as Dharma.
Singer has to be a plant or an old poster. What show did they come from? You don't get to an OT board on a reality tv board on accident.
You know, I know Ante hasn't been as bad as she used to be, but I *still* have suspicions about her as well. You know her first post was in the Survivor forum asking advice on how to get on the show. I don't see her there anymore at all which is odd for someone who came in as a fan wanting to get on the show. For some reason, I feel like maybe that was a ruse in order to look more legit. Just the other day she referred to LadyT as Trish (which most of us know is her name) but it was with some familiarity I wondered once again if she was an old poster, back again.
But anyways, thanks for the refresher on Snooch. I must not have read anything from when she made her second appearance.
Bravie I knew what you meant too. The quote I referenced comes from Dennis Prager who says that those on the right think the left is wrong but the left believes the right is EVIL.
I see this all the time where our positions on things such as universal health care and taxes are attributed to selfishness and lack of compassion for others when in reality that is not the case. It makes for a much better debate when you assume your opponent has decent (not evil) motives, but when you assume your opponent is evil, you've effectively ended the debate and relegated any communication to mostly just a shouting match. This is what I finally tired of on OT from the people we are talking about - singer, geg, et al.
Singer basically called me the censorship lady. She said I always try to make the rules in OT, and that I am rude with my posts.
I don't remember the Snooch/Dharma thing. It must have been when I was closing the house and leaving. Or I was just obtuse, that's been known to happen :)
"Dennis Prager who says that those on the right think the left is wrong but the left believes the right is EVIL." Heh, I could just as easily turn that around.
I'm sure you can, Kim. And I'm sure a lot of people would agree with you. As someone who is not on either side though, I really *don't* agree with that. I have seen far more lefties (is that what you call them?) treat the rights as though they have evil motives for what they believe in. Maybe if I frequented a board that was more conservative leaning I would change my mind, but with OT as my only experience, I agree with Dennis Prager (or how Carey said it, either way).
I had to laugh at something IceCat said recently on OT because it was the complete opposite viewpoint of something I'd heard on the radio and it really opened my eyes as to how differently people can view the same thing. I don't think that made sense, but I know what I mean, damnit. LOL.
Post a Comment