Monday, July 09, 2007

Weekend Update

Sheesh, what a weekend. Not sure where to begin. Friday night I went to the party my friend threw. It was for another friend visiting from Alaska. I was there until after 4am, just hanging out and talking. Insanely late, considering I had a lunch date on Saturday! My lunch with my friend was nice. I could not give her as much time as I wanted to, because I still had to be ready for my brother's reception that evening.

I went to the reception that night and I'm not sure whether I would say it went well or not. I did not see my brother or his wife at all, but I did hear he got angry when she aggressively smashed cake in his face. Personally, I've never liked that tradition. If both people agree beforehand, I guess it's their own business, but in this case, he let her know how he felt, and she did it anyways. My grandmother got all upset at DB's wife and my dad was all upset at DB for making a scene. He said he should have sucked it up and laughed it off.

What about you? Are you for it or against it?

I was stressed because I had family from both sides, and friends, who didn't know anyone else. I was trying to visit with everyone and make them feel comfortable. I ended up staying there until 1am with my mother and two people who were hired, and we cleaned the whole thing. I worked my ass off. I felt like I should, since it was my brother's thing and I didn't do anything to set up.

On Sunday, I was invited to go to a lake with some friends. I didn't leave until quite late and I took DS with me, since DD was at my parent's house. By the time I got to the "lake", my friends were ready to leave. And not only that, but it wasn't even a lake, it was a river(ish) kinda thing. So I basically drove for over an hour, to turn around and drive back. I went to their house for dinner. Didn't get home tonight until after 11:30pm.

Oh, I had a question I wanted to ask everyone. Do you have a song that every time you hear, makes you pause? Something that stirs you inside, for whatever reason? I was in the middle of having a group photo taken when mine came on. Gah! What an awkward smile I had!


Here are some of the pics I got this weekend:

Friday night



The Plastics, at the reception





Me, at the reception



13 comments:

MM said...

and I can't seem to get the titles under the pictures. Something is up with blogger. :(

Bravie said...

I think the plastics seems to be a perfect name. *snort*
Cute picture of you. *smooch*

Jen said...

I love that pic of you! Finally, a smile! You're beautiful. *besa*

I've never liked the 'cake shoving in face' thing either, especially if someone makes it clear that they don't want it done to them.

I have tons of songs that make me sit up and listen. I can't think of a specific right now. What is your song?

mtw said...

*agrees with bravie*
*twice*

*agrees with Jen*
*twice*

MM said...

Yes, they are completely plastic. At least if I ever go on a cruise with them, I'll know who to grab onto if the ship goes down! ;-)

Thank you, Jen. Yes, I'm showing teeth and everything! :o
My song is Ever the Same, by Rob Thomas. If you remember one of yours, come back and tell me.

*smooch* MTW! :*

Seana said...

My god. Every time I see a pic of you, I think how lovely you are.

Jen said...

I've never heard that song. I'll have to check it out.

One of mine would be "Love Song" by The Cure. Also the 311 version. I love them both and I will stop what I'm doing to listen to it if it comes on the radio. (It's my ringtone, too, so I will sometimes let my cell ring longer so I can listen to it. *grin*)

mtw said...

*smile* Your smooch made my day, MM! :)

Swami said...

You're beautiful, MM! And lol at the simpering silicon trio pic.

I think that whole cake-in-your-face thing is stupid. I don't get it at all. Why didn't you see your brother or his wife at the reception? Isn't that what receptions are for? *head tilt*

I have lots of songs - but they're all oldies.

kim (weltek) said...

You are SOOOOO much prettier than the plastics!

I see you in the group picture, trying to hide way in back...sneaky you.

Most things from U2's Rattle & Hum make me pause and really LISTEN.

I didn't really want cake shoved in my face (and didn't...I barely remember cutting it, it went so fast), but would've laughed if he did. I guess I think it's a dumb tradition, but don't think it's even remotely worth being pissed about. You'll be pissed in marriage enough without letting some cake on your face cause a fight. But I'm a roll with the punches kind of girl and would end up laughing about it if he surprised me by doing it. If you actually get really pissed at your spouse for doing it, or you completely disregard an agreement NOT to do it, I suspect it doesn't bode well for how your marriage will go.

~Nutz said...

See? I think those women don't look good at all. *shudder*
I think those 3 bimbos should star in a movie...
Night of the Living Plastic Zombies! :D

*smashes cake in MM's face*

Anonymous said...

Love your picture!!

LOL at The Plastics.

I am against cake smashing.

I think there are a few, but there is that one song from Evanescence that always hits me. And it always gives me chill bumps.

Puffy said...

I noticed your nice smile, too. "Plastics" is the perfect word for those, um, whatever they are.