Friday, July 20, 2007

Umm...*yawn* - Updated!

added link for Weltek. :) Johnny Carino's


Ok, so the sleep over went pretty well. I got to the house in time to go to dinner. We went to Johnny Carino's (which was good - do you have one?). After that, we went back to the house and just hung out. My friend asked me whether I wanted to sleep with her, or with my DD, in another bed. I chose DD. My (very demanding, but I'll save more on her for later) friend told me in the morning that I chose wrong, and therefore, still owe her a sleepover. She's an odd one. She has begged me forever to spend the night when I go over to her house, but I never have. I'm just not comfortable in other people's beds and would prefer my own house. How about you?

My friend (Jenn) has a family bedroom. They all sleep in there, every night. The 11 year old daughter sleeps with the mom, the toddler sleeps on a bed right next to the King bed, and the dad apparently sleeps in the "bonus room" part of the bedroom where they have yet another bed. What's your take on all this? I find it odd that the husband and wife don't sleep together, but I guess they haven't since the 11 year old was born.

The next day my friend wanted to go a thrift store that was having a big sale. She of course bought only sale items and spent $30, while *I* spent almost $60 including three pairs of shoes, a purse, a candle stick and some clothes for DD.

She insisted we go out without showering or primping. I was completely out of my comfort zone, but I did it anyways. I have a reputation amongst my friends as being uptight and "girly" so I was really making an effort. She didn't even have an iron for me to use! :o

When we got back to her house, the girls went swimming and we just hung out for a while, talking. We didn't end up leaving her house until after 9pm. Late last night I realized I had a 7:30 doctors appointment this morning! I think I got about 3 hours sleep last night. *yawn*

~~~~~~~~~~

Nothing new to report about my brother. I have no idea how they are still together, but apparently she is really making an effort. This is the first time in her life that she felt someone was not completely smitten with her, and she is taking it on as a challenge, I guess. *shrug*
We'll see how long this works.

Ok, I think I'm going to go lie down for a while. I'm freakin exhausted!




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have an update, but it's not written yet and I only have 5 hours until I need to get up. And I didn't sleep last night, so I should try to get a couple hours sleep before anything else.

I'll come back later during the day and try to get the update up.




And FTR, (in case anyone is keeping track) DB is still married. ;-)


16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you awake yet?

Jen said...

*looks at clock* Well?...

kim (weltek) said...

Darn, I was hoping you didn't get any sleep because you brother came over and left the crazy beeyotch.

Bravie said...

*waits*

MM said...

Sheesh! You people are insatiable! *grin*

The update wasn't all that, but it's up. :)

Swami said...

WAKE UP!!
WAKE UP!!!

Oh - too late. You're up.

My oldest DD does that family bed thing. I don't understand it. She once siad they can't have sex in their bedroom. I think about that as I sleep in her guest room. :)

I would not be comfortable sleeping in the same bed as my friend. I am used to a King sized bed so I move around a lot. I also tend to grope and cuddle with the person I'm sleeping with. This could go very wrong, lol.

kim (weltek) said...

Hmmmm, so did you ENJOY yourself at the sleepover? Since you stayed so long, I assume you did.

We dont' have Johnny Carino's here...what kind of food is it? Italian? Steakhouse?

kim (weltek) said...

Oh, the family bedroom thing is quite weird. I can't help but feel the kids will grow up with a really warped sense of privacy and boundaries. Not to mention a little to weird of an attachment to their parents.

Bravie said...

The family sleeping all in one room is a little strange for me.
As for sleeping with the friend? I can understand sharing a bed when I go out of town with girlfriends and we are sharing a hotel room. But at home when there ae other options? I dunno. Sounds strange to me.

Aislinn Sirk said...

Sleeping together,

So for my bachorlette I rented a Bed and Breakfast for myself and all bridesnaids. It had 3 rooms and several beds and some people shared beds.

One of my lovely, very nice, very shy (she gets changed in another room when we go swimming), very polite friends ended up sharing a bed with my bisexual sister.

I went into the bedroom to say goodnight. My friend was was brushing her teeth in the bathroom. My sister was sitting in bed, ready to sleep, wearing long john bottoms, sheets at her waist and completly bare breasted.

I aksed her to please put on a top as she must have freaked out my friend to no end (who would have never breathed a word of protest).

That had nothing to do with your post. I just felt like sharing.

kim (weltek) said...

Good story, Bob! As much as I'd think it was funny, I would be uncomfortable if it were someone I didn't know well that did that to me.

MM said...

Swami, I'm not sure where my friends have sex. I don't think they do it alot and might just take opportunities when the kids are gone altogether.
*tries not to think about it either way*

Kim, I'll add a link to Johnny's. I had an ok time. Her smallest son is not well behaved (MAJOR understatement) and I am not a natural kid person so it's not the funnest thing for me. All in all it was good though.

My friend is nothing near normal, so I forget sometimes how odd some of her behavior is because I'm always just thinking "it's just Jenn". KWIM? Kinda like we do with Carey's behavior. :P

Bob, your story was interesting. I don't care at all that sis is bisexual. Any woman that I don't know well, who just lets them hang out casually would make me pause. I'd have been brushing my teeth for a loooong time, lol!

Puffy said...

This is a strange, strange blog.
*reads again*

momma said...

You have strange, strange friends. I couldn't do the family bed thing. I get irked when a child comes into my bed at 6am after DH has gone to work! *shrug* Although, I didn't mind it so much once in a while when they kids were infants and breastfeeding. Of course, at that point, I was barely awake :)

We have a Carino's around here. I haven't been too terribly impressed when I've gone though. It's okay, just nothing to get excited about.

Shopping! I've been on a major clearance rack trip lately. Old Navy, Kohl's and ... somewhere else...have had $3 and $5 racks of shorts, capris and shirts/polos for the kids! I'm loving it and starting to stock up in a couple of sizes. *sheepish grin*

mtw said...

MM - please check your PM's tonight, if possible!

Jen said...

This is the same friend who played that "prank" on you a while ago, yes?

She sounds like a nutjob. You made the "wrong choice" by choosing to sleep with your DD? Uhhh. Ok.

The family room thing is also very odd to me, unless they live in a 1 bedroom house and have no other option.