I have 3 days to be ready to go on the cruise. I have to have clothes for ten days (and ten nights for dressier dinners). So far, I have ...um...*looks in closet*...nothing. :( Ok, not true. I have a couple of skirts, a pair of black slacks and a black blazer. I have lots of jeans, and casual shirts. I also have lots of shoes. I am hoping tennis shoes are appropriate for walking in Alaska. Am I going to need Eskimo gear of some sort?
Also, (not that I have enough stress already or anything) I have a wedding to go to Saturday night, and a baby shower Sunday morning. Also, my mom needs me to clean her house before we leave since my grandma will be staying there with my kids while we're gone. I need to clean my house, pack for the kids and myself, do some shopping to purchase the clothing that needs to be packed, finish the party favors and put together a wedding gift (naturally I chose to do a hand-made gift basket with wine and stuff, which will require extra time). Gah!
I'll be very busy these next couple days, but I'll check into your blogs as I can. Hope all is well with everyone! Thank you all so much for the kind and encouraging words on my last post!
Friday, June 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




14 comments:
I wanna go on an Alaskan cruise!
"Eskimo gear" *snort* I don't know. Maybe.
Yuck. You have a lot to do in a few days. *smooch*
Ask the Cannucks, the northern Cannucks about the snow. Everytime I ask if it's still snowing up there they laugh at me.
I hear Alaska is awsome in the summer. I think a light jacket might suffice.
Have a wonderful time and let us know immediately when you return so we won't worry.
*smooches*
What better way to relieve stress and get some great alone time with hubby than a cruise. The wedding and stuff will work out, they always do but remember the most important thing you have to take care of. Sexy shoes, you must have sexy shoes for your cruise. You dont need to wear anything else, I mean you're not leaving the cabin right *grins*
One suitcase of clothes and one suitcase of shoes sounds sufficient.
It will not be snowing (almost guaranteed) but if you go inland and gain some altitude on a day trip you can probably find some residual patches of snow in the deep shade.
Take a pair of good walking shoes.
Have a great trip!
You know... I can't recall... is this your anniversary trip? Is this the one where the rest of the family is coming with you?
...and slim? sexy shoes don't work well with Eskimo gear on frozen tundra. *grin*
Take a deep breath. It will all work out and go fine. We expect lots of pics from the cruise.
Have a wonderful time, Tab! These next few days will be stressful, but just think of how nice and relaxing your cruise will be! Travel safe!
*enough smooches for 10 days and nights*
I will miss you!
Will you bring us back an iceberg?
We went on an Alaskan cruise a few years ago. Tennis shoes are perfect for walking around. It only got cold enough for a warm jacket and gloves when we were at the fjords and glaciers, watching the icebergs fall into the water.
Oh, I hope you have a good time on your cruise!
Question: I get seasick. If I'm inside on a boat, I get a headache and get really queasy. I'm usually OK if I'm on deck, though. I have been on some fairly large boats and it's the same as the smaller ones - can't go inside w/o barfing.
Once, on a ferry, I stood out in the rain for nearly the whole crossing. It was freezing cold, too.
So...is it possible to go on a gigantic cruise ship and not feel seasick? I couldn't spend the whole time on deck, obviously.
I'm sorry you're so busy. I actually have a rare treat - the house ALL TO MYSELF until 10 tonight!
*strips down to boxers*
*turns TV to sports*
*rips up chore list*
*pulls MTW's boxers down*
Haave a great time. There is sure to be incredible scenery.
Please have a few drinks for me. REally. I would really like a few good drinks. Please?
The snow isn't a problem. Usually the polar bears are so hungry they eat it all.
*waves $1 bill at MTW*
Post a Comment