Yay! I'm back! For those who don't want the whole boring vacation story, stop here and just tell me you're happy I lived and am home. For anyone else, here goes;
The plane ride to Seattle was a little bit horrifying. I had taken my valium but it didn't do it's job well enough. I slightly hyperventilated and then pulled myself together just as I started to cry (a tiny bit). I then just closed my eyes and tried not to think about the fact that the airplane wing was right outside my window and it was shaking around (probably about to fall off).
The cruise itself was fantastic, we loved our room, and we loved the location of the room. I'm pretty sure I went over my 1,000 calorie a day max, but I also took the stairs on the ship, everywhere (with the exception of the night I had a little too much wine and was foolishly wearing high heels at the same time).
Vancouver was my favorite stop as we got to see my family there. My grandfather is the cutest little old man ever. He is a proper Englishman, wears white slacks, white shoes, and a blazer as casual wear. Plus he walks with his hands clasped behind his back. Very cute. They had a nice little lunch waiting for us at their home, and then took us to the Capilano Suspension Bridge. I wish I'd have taken a pill for that one. Very intense.
Victoria was beautiful, but the highlight of the day there was very unexpected. As we were crossing the street to go to the Royal BC Museum, my dad thought it would be funny to kick my brother's foot so as to make him stumble in front on the heavy traffic. He says he didn't want him to fall. At any rate, what happened was my father (who is 56 years old) ended up tripping himself and proceeded to not only fall but actually do what looked to be a somersault right in the crosswalk as hundreds of people were in the vicinity. His sunglasses went flying off in one direction as he went in the other. Amazingly, he sprung up incredibly quick (pride and adrenaline can do that). My mother and I have the unfortunate and obnoxious habit of laughing hysterically when someone gets hurt (not seriously hurt, though). So we were doubled over on the other side of the street gasping for air, laughing uncontrollably. Even now, the image makes me laugh. I know you would have had to be there, but let me assure you, you would have laughed.
The flight home was much better. I took two of my dad's Ativan and they worked much better for me. I actually just slept the entire flight.
We all had a great time. I will probably think of more things I wanted to share, but for now, this is it. I am so glad I am home, and that I survived the flights. I have a lot of catching up to do with the blogs, PM's and the other place.
Tuesday, October 04, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




12 comments:
Welcome back!
Color me jealous- I can't wait to take a cruise.
(your grandpa sounds adorable!)
Yay!!! You're home!!
*pout* I wanna go on a cruise. Why didn't you take me?
Yay...I am so glad you are home, and safe.
Really, you have no idea how much I am happy to see you...
*smooch*
Sounds wonderful!
We should plan a cruise for all of us someday...can you imagine how much fun that would be? Or can you imagine explaining to DH/SO where we were going, with who, and why.
Maybe a vitual cruise, then? *sigh*
I would love to see that part of Canada. I have never been to the west coast there!
Sounds like so much fun! But MM? 1000 calories per day is too low!
Welcome Back. I'm very glad to have you back in one piece too.
Welcome back!
*smooch*
Welcome home! I so missed you and was delighted to see you made it home (but I never doubted for a second that you'd be okay).
*smooches*
Yay! I'm glad you're back. As you can tell from your Bon Voyage entry, I missed you mostest. *smooch*
Welcome back, hun! So glad you had a great time.
*smooch*
I'm so glad you're back. I knew you'd be okay.
Post a Comment