Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Several things

Today I did something totally out of character. I totally flirted with a construction worker. Well, not really flirted, just majorly smiled at him. I was in a good mood and he was cute and he smiled at me. So I smiled back at him. It was really embarrassing. As soon as I drove past him I was mortified. I feel like a 14 year old. Normally I would never smile back. Not to be rude, but just because I freeze up. Anyhow, that's not so bad is it? Doesn't everyone do that every once in awhile?


Tomorrow I am doing something I never thought I would do. I am letting my kids go on a field trip without me or DH. Not just any field trip, but a two night field trip. Does that make me a bad mother? They are 10 years old and at least will have eachother, but still. I am shocked I am letting them do this. Science Camp. They will learn a bunch of outdoors stuff. How to survive if lost...that kinda thing.


Ack! I've been dreaming alot lately. I always have had vivid dreams but, Hello. Some of these dreams are bad. Very bad. Some are disturbing, some are funny, some are...well, let's just say I wouldn't share them here. I need a good nights sleep with no dreams, really bad.
Who has really vivid dreams? Can you actually feel what's happening in your dream, physically?
I had a dream that I smoked when I was a teenager. I distinctly remember the feeling and taste of the cigarette. It burned my throat and made my eyes sting. I never tried smoking after that because I felt like I already knew what it would be like. Sometimes I rather enjoy my dreaming habits. Other times, not so much.

23 comments:

Bravie said...

I have the most vivd dreams. Most of the time I hate them because they are disturbing. And the will affect me the whole next day. I can remember every sight, sound and smell. For the most part I hate to dream because of this. On the other side, when I have good dreams, they are just as vivid. Unfortunately I very rarely have good dreams.

Breezy said...

I never remember my dreams.

BlindSlim~CSTL said...

You're cute and silly. I'm glad you're letting the kids go to science camp. It's the first step in letting them grow up a bit.

momma said...

I really don't have too many dreams that I remember, but when I do remember them, yes - they are very vivid. I've woken up shaking, scared, all kinds of things. And dear god, don't get me started on what happens if something a week after the dream happens while I'm awake that reminds me of it. Talk about scaring the shit out of me!!!

As for the kids, they'll be fine. It's not like you're sending them off into the wilderness alone. There are teachers and other grown ups there.

And the construction worker? Hehehehe. You're asking me? The one with an entire building full of them? *evil grin*

Seana said...

Good job letting the kids go away. They'll be fine, I'm sure.

I sometimes have really vivid dreams. I've had two recently. One kept me up terrified and the other was quite nice.

I believe that everything I dream has a basis in something that happened or that I watched/read about while awake. Figuring out what helps me move past bad dreams. I've spent a fair amount of time learning how to alter my dreams while I'm dreaming them. I got tired of being scared mindless in the night. Even still, some times, I can be affected for days, just like carey and momma.

Bravie said...

Be happy that you don't get night terrors. Although most of my bad dreams are considered simple nightmares, when I have night terrors I am a wreck for days. With some of those I will sit up in complete and total terror to the point where Michelle has to violently shake me to wake me up and then I end up in the fetal position for the rest of the night, afraid to go back to sleep. Then for the next few nights I fight sleeping at all.

Jen said...

I usually don't remember my dreams, but when I do they are usually pretty weird. I hardly ever have sex dreams. *pout*

And honey? there's nothing wrong with smiling at people. Don't be embarassed!

*smooch*

mm said...

Poor Carey, night terrors sound horrific. And poor Breezy. Remembering dreams can be a good thing.
Thanks, Steve. But I don't wanna let 'em grow up. Dammit.
Momma? I want your job. :)
Seana, I know what you mean, I can usualy control the bad ones a little bit. Except last night, I dreamt I was flying and I forgot my meds. I was crying so hard in the dream that my stomach hurt this morning when I woke up. :(
Jen, sex dreams are the best. Perhaps you need to start watching porn so it's the last thing in your head as you fall asleep. lol.

*smooches*

Jen said...

LOL. I would watch porn, but I'm too embarassed to buy it. Heh.

mm said...

Buy it? According to my DH, it comes with all Direct Tv packages, for free. *rolls eyes*

Seriously, ask glow, I'll bet she has some to loan you. Or Carey, if she'd be willing to part with it.
But not breezy. I think she's not ready to let us see her "acting" career, yet. (I've been hearing rumors about her, ya know)

Jen said...

A long time ago, Carey said she was going to buy me porn for my birthday. Guess she forgot. *grin*

Bravie said...

I will not part with my porn. Plus most of it is lesbian porn anyhow.
I didn't forget Jen. I just wasn't sure you meant it. Christmas.

mm said...

Hey! Why does everything always come back to porn/sex on my blog? You girls have filthy minds.





p.s. do I get porn for christmas too?

Jen said...

Ewwwwwww. Lesbian porn. *wink*

MM? You're the one who brought it up, you whore. *grin*

(I call all my friends whores. It's a compliment. No, really.)

mm said...

hahahahahahahahaha






bitch.

*takes gummy worms away*

Anonymous said...

I have very vivid dreams. I've woken up from a dream not about my husband and then demanded a little action from my husband. *giggle*
Sometimes these dreams are about construction workers. Like the momma, I'm surrounded by 'em. I actually have a small crush on one, although he's more of a construction manager.

And no, you are not a bad mom! That, makes you an even better mom.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I've had those terror things too. I used to have them all the time in the old house, back when I would wake up and see Vincent Price standign at the foot of the bed.

Now, not so much. All is pretty pleasant in Pleasantville.

mm said...

Ahh, so you know the happiness that is a sexy dream. :)

Those night terrors just sound terrible.

*hugs*

Monstah said...

I had the biggest X rated dreams in my second trimester of pregnancy. (this may shock some of you.)

Did you flirt with Sully?

mm said...

I'm shocked! :o lol.

Uh, who's Sully?

Bravie said...

I'm disappointed that Monsty didn't take this opportunity to razz me about one of my night terrors that she knows about. Can you say STIGMATA? Ack!! that word now scares the beejezus out of me.

~Nutz said...

*sigh*

I can't remember the last time I remembered a dream.

...and no, it's not because I'm old! *glares at MM*

Anonymous said...

Oooooh Monsty. That actually does not surprise me, given how horny I was during my pregnancy.