As long as I'm not working for Jackie, I'll be fine. This woman makes Geg look like June Cleaver. Feminist isn't even the word for this woman (and I have nothing against feminists, either, except that I'm not one and I end up with my foot in my mouth half the time when I'm with her). Anyways, she and her husband are polar opposites in how they do business and how they communicate and I much prefer my boss' ways to hers. I really could go on and on about work stuff but I'm guessing it's akin to making people sit and watch your vacation videos, so I won't. *grin*
One thing I've learned is that I hate driving in the non carpool lane. Not because I'm impatient, but because I get pissed when I see people cheating and using them when they're alone. Does your state have commuter lanes? Would you use one illegally if you were rushed? I just never could. And now when I drive, I have to keep myself from watching the cars speed past me because when I *know* it's just one person, I get all pissed off, lol.
One last thing; when you drive, do you prefer talk radio or music? I prefer talk in the morning and music on the way home. Don't know why...maybe just to hear what's going on that day, news-wise.
As per MTW's directions;
~For some, the left testicle is larger than the right one. For Chuck Norris, each testicle is larger than the other one.
~Chuck Norris CAN believe it's not butter. *snort*




15 comments:
I like hearing about your work. I also like watching videos and looking at photo albums.
I think one day just for the heck of it, you should forgo the heels and go to work in flats. AND, you should be wearing a sheath dress (I saw a perfect one in Dress Barn) and pearls. *grin*
I, too, like hearing about your work. The boss must think you are doing a great job...or maybe it's your snappy dressing he wants to show off in court. :-)
We don't have car pool lanes on the roads, just at the entrance ramps. When traveling elsewhere, I never cheat on purpose, but sometimes don't realize it's a carpool lane for a few miles.
I prefer talk radio most of the time, but Chris hates it, so we usually just listen to music.
I like work stories - the weirder the better! What will you do when you go to court?
There are some carpool lanes around here, but nowhere I drive. I would probably not cheat but only because I fear ginormous tickets. My taxes paid for the whole road so I should get to drive on the whole road.
Talk radio drives me mad. Tom listens to it regularly. Maybe he and Kim should carpool somewhere. But only if Kim likes it cold since Tom thinks cars are mobile refrigerators and keeps the air conditioner set at Max Lo most of the time. He almost never uses the heater in winter either.
Sometimes I put CNN on in the morning as an informational background while I get ready. Usually, after 15 minutes they have started to repeat which is when I know I have my "news of the day" all updated for a while.
I used to listen to talk radio in the morning. But I think it added to my depression so I stopped. Now it's all about music. :)
I forgot about the carpool lanes, didn't I.
We don't have them in Richmond. We have them up north and to the east where traffic is a fricking nightmare and you'd have a very hard time selling me on living in those areaa.
Surprisingly in all my years, I think I've been eligible to use one only a couple of times. I am either alone or traffic is going the other way.
I just stick it out.
Oh, yes and radio. In the car I have to have music. I don't mind morning shows at times like Elliot in the Morning out of DC, but really I'd rather listen to him when I'm not driving. I like music when I drive, and I like to sing.
If I listen to talk radio in the car, it HAS to be entertaining either by making me laugh or making me drool (<---- that would apply to Monday morning Chris Cooley interviews during football season and, in that case, I laugh AND drool).
Yes, we do have carpool lanes on the freeway, but my commute is no longer long enough for me to care. I DID hate to see people abusing it though.. .cheating! DH and I would cheer when someone was caught cheating and given a ticket.
I listen to Talk radio in the mornings now, and while at work, I need to have something on, and that is it.
I like work stories too.
We don't have a carpool lane on the freeways here, but many on ramps have them, and it really pisses me off when people use them illegally.
We have an onramp that I take most days that used to have a carpool lane, but sometime late last year they removed the carpool signs. Funny thing is people are so trained that most still don't use it. Now I feel like I am getting those dirty looks when I do use it as I'm driving by myself.
I mostly like listening to music, but I also like talk radio to get the news and traffic. So if it is the right time, I'll listen to that. Otherwise it is David Cook and Daughtry for me.
Look at you, moving up in the job world. Pretty soon you'll be a lawyer. :D
We don't have any carpool lanes here (none in the state of Ohio that I know of) and that's fine with me since about 99% of the time I drive alone.
The only talk radio I've ever listened to is Howard Stern, which I used to listen to in the morning, but I don't do that much anymore. I prefer music.
I'll read anything you write!
Carpool lanes - I *love* it when cheaters use the carpool lanes if I'm not using it because it means the other lanes are less crowded for me. I love it even more when they're caught. I would never use the carpool lane, even if I was late, because the tickets are insanely expensive - over $300, I think.
I listen to local talk radio on the way to work - Armstrong and Getty. Is that who you listen to? I like that they're regular guys but liked them more a few years ago.
I almost chose your second Chuck Norris fact as one of my two. Heh!
Ick, today was maybe my worst day with Kelly so far. It started with a dispute between her and I (too long and complicated to get into) and the bottom line is that she will never, ever, admit to anything. Anything. I'm not even suggesting a "mistake" (god forbid) but I mean little things, that she *obviously* did, that can cause confusion. She's on a power trip and I'm having a hard time. Very hard. If it weren't for my boss giving me positive feedback, I don't know what I'd do. The problem is, he's not the one I'm working with all day. The work world sucks. :(
I did go to a baseball game tonight though. We had a suite! A friend of DH's gave us the tickets. I'll try to update about it later, with pics. For now, I'm beat. I have a long weekend ahead and likely won't be on at all. See you all soon!
*smooch*
I'm gonna kick Kelly's aras.
Awww, MM wants to talk baseball with Boo!
Thanks Boo. :) I know you could and I think you should.
LOL, Kim. I actually started to get into watching the game towards the end and I was bummed when it was over. It can be exciting! I'd forgotten that when I pay attention, I actually like it. Our team won 7 - 6. Yay!
I enjoy reading about your job, too. Uh oh, I like to show my vacation pictures to peeps.
We have carpool lanes. It feels strange to drive in one and pass all the slow poke cars in the other lanes. I feel like I'm speeding.
Once, I got a ticket, not for being alone in the car, but for changing into the carpool lane over the double yellow line.
One reason why I wanted to buy a Prius a couple of years ago, was for the "carpool lane" sticker you'd get if you bought a Prius.
I like talk radio in the morning (that's when they have the best anf funniest talk show hosts) and music in the afternoon. I like to hear the traffic reports on the days I go to work early enough to care.
I'm going to the baseball game on Sunday.
*sticks tongue out at Kim*
MM likes baseball.
Post a Comment