There's just too much to cover, so I'll do a list. *waves to Boo*
1. We went to a formal wear party this weekend in a barn in my grandfather's meadow. Country meets City. It was pretty cool. My cousin Kelsey was graduating and she looked like Cinderella. I added a pic of her and I in my slideshow. There's another picture from that night of my kids in the slideshow also.
2. Kelly called in sick today so I was on my own. It was stressful but it went ok. I'm having such a hard time with her right now. I want to like her. I think part of my struggle is that I feel like she doesn't like *me*. She's very negative and talks bad about everyone else, so why should *I* be different, kwim?
3. My boss had me go into his office to learn to do a Proof of Service and there was a spider on his wall that was hideously huge. I screamed and he started laughing at me. His wife, in the next office could hear everything and made me keep talking to her while the boss went to get a ladder (to get it down). She knew I was freaking out and was trying to keep me distracted. My boss made a joke about "showing it to me" after he grabbed it in a paper towel and I told him he'd get my two weeks notice in all of 10 seconds if he did, lol.
4. My grandparents house has been sitting empty on the farm for a couple years now. It's starting to look abandoned and overgrown. It was very sad to see.
5. My daughter found a dog collar on the sidewalk recently. It looked nice and the brand on it said B.B. Simon. We looked it up and it was a $100 collar! We called the number and the lady was thrilled to be getting it back. When DD went to the door, they gave her a trick or treat bag that had Honey Roasted almonds and a $5 bill. Pretty sweet (and random!).
6. Do you say All-mond, or Am-and?
7. So is everyone going to go hands-free in July? I think I'll hate having the blue-tooth on my ear, too. I'm dreading it. I might not even do it. But I also hate breaking the law....
8. I want to start walking every day after work because I want to take my kids on a pretty big hike in August. I have to decide between going to the Quincy "Q" or to the Lighthouse that's on the mountain behind my grandparents house. Both are pretty hard, with the Q being a shorter and steeper hike. I did both (often) as a child/teenager.
9. I miss playing with you guys everyday. :(
10. Should I blow my whole next paycheck on a new cell phone so I'll have internet? :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




8 comments:
Cute pics. Your DD looks gorgeous!
I say allmond. My cubie mate at work, who grew up on a farm, says they're allmonds in the store and ammonds on the tree. I think he was pulling my leg.
I've had hose bluetooth things in the past and got used to it pretty quickly. My last one isn't working anymore so I guess I have to get a new one soon. Or, just stop talking on the phone in the car. I don't often anyway, but I'd hate to be looking in my rearview mirror for cops all the time.
Good luck with the walking! I need to start walking/running too.
I think you should blow part of your next paycheck on a winning lottery ticket. That way you can quit your job and play on the internet all day. And have a little left over!
You should have ended with a *smooch*
*smooch*
*waves back*
1. That sounds kind of cute. I do not see Kelsey's picture or your kids from that night. I did just realize that I am there.
2. A lot of women in the workplace are true bitches.
3. LOL. I went to a party this weekend where there was a spider on our table. Everyone was getting excited about it except for me. I don't really get too excited. I just usually go and kill it. For some reason, spiders have never really bothered me. I think it's because at an early age, I went to the Math & Science Center and was exposed to spiders. I held a tarantula. I'm not saying I wouldn't freak out by one in a non-controlled environment though.
4. I'm sorry. I remember seeing pictures of my grandparents' house in its hey-day - back when my grandmother was still alive. I imagine it would have completely broken her heart to see what became of it.
5. I've never heard of B. B. Simon. I assume that's a company? I'm glad she got a reward.
6. All-mond, though I may not always pronounce the "d."
7. I don't think this applies in Virginia. I would not buy a Bluetooth, I just wouldn't use the phone while driving. I actually don't like to talk while I'm driving anyway - especially in tricky traffic situations like Jersey walls.
8. That will be an awesome workout and a good one to do with your kids.
9. We miss you too. Well, I do anyway. But to be honest, you haven't really missed much around here. There are several people who never update.
10. No.
1. That sounds like fun! I have not been to a barn event in years.
2. I agree. If someone bad-talks or complains about everyone not present then you can be pretty sure they also trash talk you. That's my opinion, anyway.
3. You are such a spider wuss!
4. Oh, that's sad. Does no one do minimal, house perimeter upkeep? I would start to worry about kids breaking in for parties & general mischief.
5. I'll bet she was glad to get it back!
6. I say ah-mund 90% of the time and 10% of the time I add the 'l' sound.
7. No bluetooth for me. I rarely talk while I'm driving anyway, and never in traffic.
8. Good for you! I wish I could do the hikes I did as a child.
9. I miss your (almost) daily presence too! You were one of the bloggy stalwarts! If only there were some way you could stay in touch...
10. It's your paycheck. *grins*
Boo, California law goes into effect July 1 requiring hands-free cell phone use in cars. This is despite overwhelming evidence that the danger from talking on cell phones comes from being engrossed in the conversation and not from holding the device to your ear.
I've always wondered why it was different talking to someone on the phone versus talking to a passenger in the car. I think it's because passengers in a car can see when you're headed for trouble and will usually slow or stall the conversation you're having. My best friend Ken has a hard time driving and talking, even when I'm a passenger. It scares me being in the car with him sometimes.
1. wow, fancy yet quirky grad party!
2. Maybe you don't want to get sucked into Kelly's negativity? I wouldn't blame you.
3. Don't look down right now. I think I see a spider by your foot.
4. That is sad.
5. Yay for the dog collar find! She's a hero
6. All-mond
7. We've had a hands-free law for awhile now. I just generally don't answer my cell in the car, so it's not an issue.
8. Where do you want to hike in Aug?
9. I miss you!
10. I'll admit, there are times cell-internet would come in handy.
That is a new pic of DD and DS. They are looking so grown up and stuff.
I say Awwww munds.
I am NOT looking forward to the bluetooth. It is going to bother me big time.
Gorgeous pics from the party - kids sure are growing up!
You're different because you're Tab, not everyone else. *smooch*
Can you guys start spending time at your grandparents house and taking care of it on weekends? *hugs* It's never easy.
I like your pictures! I think I say both allmond and ahmond. I vote on you getting a new car with built-in hands free and voice activated blue tooth. I'm glad that your daughter returned the collar and learned a nice lesson from it. The reward was sweet!
Post a Comment