Monday, March 24, 2008

*pats self on back*


I'm not the craftiest person ever, but I have to say, I *love* this shadow box picture I put together for my aunt and uncle, to thank them for having us at their beach house. The picture itself was not my first choice, but I was limited and wanted something specifically that went along with the actual location of the house, and not a picture form another beach we visited. This picture was taken from the yard, so it's exactly (part of) what we see every day from the house. What I love most about this is the mat. The mat is actually white, but I sprayed adhesive to it and covered it with sand we collected on the beach. We added some sand dollars and a shell or two and I have to admit, I was more pleased than I expected to be. Now I want to make two more, one of the kids running in the sand and one for my parents of the two of them.




In other news, I will be gone all day today (Monday) because I'm finally picking up my son. He's been gone for an entire week now and I can't wait to see him.
Also, in my last post I talked about ice cream. Thanks for all the feedback, lol. I have to say, if you like coffee and heathbar, you HAVE to try the Coffee Heathbar Crunch. It's To. Die. For.

4 comments:

Bravie said...

Cool idea for a gift. It's very crafty. *grin*
Have fun getting your son today. Yay for you.

Swami said...

Soon you will ne obsessed with crafting opportunities and spend all your spare time snipping, gluing and shopping at Michael's. Such a loss for Blog World! *sob*

mtw said...

Very impressive. I love it! Enjoy your day with DS. :-) *smooch*

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

You did a great job Crafty One!