Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Reality TV

I know I could go Over There to talk about my shows, but I'd rather do it here. I'm more curious about what you guys think and watch anyways.

So, I'm pretty behind on Big Brother but tonight I watched the one where Ryan was saved from being evicted and then became HOH! YAY! I love Ryan. I think he is my favorite so far. I was fine with seeing Alison leave. Who are you guys rooting for?

Paradise Hotel - Yes, I'm watching this show for the first time (didn't see the other season). I have no favorites. None of the guys are even cute to me. Everyone is so shallow they lose their attractiveness, in my opinion. Your thoughts?

American Idol - Also behind on this show. Don't have any favorites I don't think, although I do like the rocker girl with the wild hair. I think she's unique. Other than that, no one sticks out in my mind.

Bachelor - Starting next week! *woohoo* But I thought the girl from last season was going to be the Bachelor and now it's an English guy? *confused*

Survivor - I'm all about Ozzie. Beyond that, I am not sure I care. *grin*

Biggest Loser - Way behind on this show too, but I know I love the dark haired girl on the black team. I'm hideous with names, btw. She's just beautiful, IMO.

I kind of got into the Millionaire Matchmaker or something like that. I think that's the name. The main girl is really obnoxious, but it pulls me in whenever it's on. Anyone see that one?

Tell me what you're watching and if it's something I'm watching, tell me who you like and why.

11 comments:

Zombs said...

I have to say I am getting less reality tv viewing. I do American Idol and TAR when it is on. I love Jason Castro(guy with dreads) and Brooke White. I can't stand David A and that annoying Carly.

I gave up Survivor about a year and a half ago and never missed it. BBB I never watched.

I liked Celebrity Rehab and will watch Hell's Kitchen again when it is on.

I am loving the scripted shows now. Lost is my obsession.

kim (weltek) said...

I'm happy to talk about those here, because I'm not a devoted watcher of any and thus, can't join in well on SB.

Big Brother: I have only watched two full seasons. I just can't ever get into it. Plus, Chris doesn't like it, so it's hard to tie up a tv for an hour with something he hates.

PHO: If it were on the weekend, I'd be watching. I watched it before and was amused enough to keep watching. Part of that, though, was watching insano Toni.

American Idol: I've watched a few eps and have been underwhelmed, for the most part. There are a lot of technically good vocalists, but lousy performers.

Bachelor: Not going to watch.

Survivor: I've been half watching. Ozzie is so yummy.

Biggest Loser: Watched one episode and lost interest.

I tend to watch more of the cable shows because they all re-run on the weekends. So I'm watching Millionaire Matchmaker, Rock of Love and Real Housewives. Also, I think The Hills starts again soon. Top Chef starts tonight. I've watched a lot of Make me a supermodel and Project runway, too.

Swami said...

This season's Big Brother cast are a bunch of bizarre psychopaths to whom I have major trouble relating at all. I rather vaguely like Chelsia - but that's all. Ryan is the most normal guy but not the brightest bulb even in that bunch of dimwits. Not that I have strong opinions or anything, lol.

I love Survivor! This season is very good and I too am all about Ozzie. I still like Amanda, and I am trying to figure out why we have heard barely a word from Amy, who I remember liking before.

I love Project Runway - that and Top Chef are my 2 favorite reality shows. Mmmmmm... Padma!

I am watching PHO for the first time. I haven't exactly figured out how it all works yet - but I'm close. Are these people ever sober? I also love Tanya's favorite evening activity - finger painting! Lol!!!

Never watched AI or Biggest Loser.

I set my DVR to record The Big Give and I watched the first ep but I'm not sure if I will follow up.

Schnookie said...

I catch up on Big Brother on weekends on Comcast On Demand. I also read some of the feeds on line. As Swami said, they really are a bunch of bizarre psychopaths. I think Ryan is about the only sane one there but he has made some nasty comments also. At this moment, I'm rooting for the nose/ass picking guy Adam. Other than his nasty habits, I don't think I've heard anything really nasty come out of his mouth.

I watched the first episode of Paradise Hotel and couldn't watch anymore. Too much shallowness.

AI. I love Jason Castro. I can watch him sing all day. Such a cute face. I cannot stand the rocker girl. Blech. Hate her. She looks old. I also like Michael John (Australian guy). He needs to step it up a notch though. I think David A is really cute and has a great voice but I'm losing interest. I also like Brook's voice. I'm not crazy about Carly. She has a terrific voice but there's something about her that I don't like. And, although I think David Cook looks dirty and I hate his hair style, I have LOVED his last two performances. His version of Elenor Rigby last night was amazing.

Yay for Bachelor. The Bachelorette will be on this summer. I love this show because it makes me laugh. I admit, I do enjoy watching these people embarrass themselves on tv.

I also love Ozzie although I was pissed at him for starting a showmance. Cirie makes me laugh.

Not watching Biggest Loser.

I do watch Millionaire Matchmaker once in a while. A lot of the men are older pervs who claim they are looking for a wife but always end up picking the young hot chicks. LOL

I enjoy watching Real Housewives. Fun to see how the rich live.

I love watching Americas Next top Model and Make me a supermodel mostly to laugh at everyone. They take it so seriously. I always think of the movie Zoolander when watching these modeling shows and have a good laugh. However, I do enjoy watching to see some of the crazy fashions.

I love Project runway. It's facinating watching them create clothes. I'm also very excited about Top Chef starting tonight. Love the hostess, Padma. This show facinates me because I've never eaten anything close to what they make on the show and wonder if I'm truly missing out on something.

I seem to watch a lot of the same shows Kim does (not surprisingly). *waves to Kim*

Bravie said...

Big Brother: I love Ryan, can't stand Sheila or Adam and Jashuah needs to be buried alive. Please.

AI: I like the Rocker Chick and the Irish chick. Oh and I like the kinda rocky dude. I forget his name. He did the Lionel Richie song last week.

Survivor: Other than Ozzie *swoon* and James, I couldn't care less about any of them. A pretty boring season.

Biggest Loser: Nobody else agrees with me but I like Kelly. I can no longer stand Dan and his arrogance and I wish Ally had not returned. She came across as bitchy to me. My biggest crush is on Allison Sweeny. *grin*

Glowie said...

Big Brother - Jen and I were rooting for and crushing on Ryan. I jumped up off the couch when he got voted back in and again when he won HOH. I said, "to make this perfect, I need Alex back." If I had pom poms, I'd have been doing a Ryan cheer. I think he made the TOTAL wrong decision to not back door Matt so I can't root for him anymore. I just can't. I said, "he's screwed." Last night? James gets voted back in? James wins HOH? yeah, Ryan is screwed. Natalie screwed him pretty much. (or me because I started rooting for him) When he was HOH, I'd watch BBAD and all he did was sit up there and eat. He talks a lot with a lot of food in his mouth. I stopped crushing on him. I still think he would totally fit in with Shawn and I at pool league though. I can totally see us hanging out with him.
I'm still rooting for Alex (yes, because I'm shallow but also because he got cheated by that stupid couples thing) and hoping for a twist that actually means something. *snort*

Paradise Hotel - made me sad to watch it for two reasons. 1) Nathan 2) because it's so bad. We were taping the Saturday repeat and they stopped repeating it so we haven't been watching it.

American Idol - I'm all about Brooke, Michael and Jason. (which means none of them will win)

Survivor - LOVE Ozzie. They should just hand him money for being awesome... for being the awesomest contestant to ever be awesome on that show. And then there's James. He makes me all melty sometimes. *dreamy sigh* When he said, "hey baby" to the lady that picked him to be on her team, I said, practically yelled, "OH MY GOD. That was so effing hot." My husband just rolls his eyes. Poor Shawn. hee.

Biggest Loser - Brittany is the girl you mean, I'm assuming. She is beautiful. I find myself rooting for Danny for reasons I can't explain. But also for Brit. (Which means neither of them will win.)

oops. Sorry! I've been neglecting my tv blog.

*smooooooch*

kim (weltek) said...

Another note on AI: I think it's the rocker chick that I like. The one with skunky striped hair?

MM said...

Wow, thanks for such thought out responses ladies! I'm still way behind on my viewing but it was fun watching a little bit over the last couple days and keeping in mind what was said here in the comments.

Anonymous said...

Ruh Roh.

This could be long. *grin*

BB: No matter what, I get hooked. Yep, the people are quite a cast, most of them suck, but I can't help it, I love it. I read a little OT because it's easy. Ryan is who I have been rooting for too. I think he is a cutie. I felt bad for him because he got screwed by the twists - first being put in the house with Jen, then being paired with Allison, then having his HOH essentially mean nothing. Apparently he has said some crappy things, I can't remember, but I still think he is probably the closest to normal they have.

The Biggest Loser: Another show I love. I'm a little over Dan, but I will still root for him. At this point I am fine with anyone winning that is not Brittany or Maggie. I know you like Brit. I too think she is pretty, but she is the biggest, whiniest baby ever. Uggggghhhhh. She bugs me. Grrrr. Grrrrr. Grrrrr.

AI: I have no favorites. I rarely watch before the Final 12, and I really try to focus on the singing as a determining factor for me. I know a lot of people like the dreadlock boy. I think he has a nice voice, but that's about it.

Survivor: This will always be my favorite. I could never, ever, ever give it up. Ever. I would love to be on it. I watch every week, no matter what. It's kind of my "Redskins of Reality TV." I will watch no matter what. Every single show, every minute. Conner has started to watch it with me. And he knows how to work the Tivo remote now. He repeatedly plays it. Especially the episode with Joel dragging Chet around. I laughed so hard because of their verbal exchange. Conner likes to please me by saying, "Mommy, come and watch this." And then he finds that clip and plays it for me.

The Apprentice. Yep, I'm watching it. I have enjoyed this version with the celebrities. I'm not normally a Piers fan, but I loved watching him enjoy Omarosa's demise. And I love Trace. I want him to win.

I think that is it for me right now.

There is one new show I am watching on A&E at 10 p.m. on Thursdays: Crime 360. It's a CSI type show, reality style, and it's based in Richmond! There are going to be some episodes based in Cleveland, but most are for Richmond, and it's cool to watch.

mtw said...

Yay! Reality TV. I haven't read anyone else's comments yet:

Big Brother - I HATE, HATE, HATE Joshuah. Other than that, I agree with you about Ryan. He's the only normal, sane one of the entire cst. The rest are hideous.

PaHo - I'm watching but not enjoying as much as last time. This show truly benefited originally from a couple things that are missing here. First, it was on several times a week, which helped with continuity. Second, it was live, so the new houseguests coming in had the advantage of watching *before* they joined the show. It created all kinds of hilarity. Also, the first time around, they all knew they wanted to stay, but didn't know there would BE an ending or a cash prize! The shallowness was part of the fun, but I really dislike most of the cast. I can't stand Raheim and wish others would call him out on his ridiculous crap.

AI - I loved Beatles night! I'm tired of rocker chick (Amanda) because her voice wears on me. David Cook (Rocker guy) is growing on me. I like Brooke (the nanny) because her voice is beautiful. Other than that, most of the rest are expendable to me.

Bachelor - DeAnna is going to be the Bachelorette next season - probably summer? I still can't wait for the show to start.

Survivor - watching faithfully. *roots for Ozzie with Tab*

Biggest Loser - Brittany is the girl you're talking about. I agree, she is beautiful, but she's been kind of a whiner lately. One of the things I like about this show is that they tend to pick people who are really physically beautiful. They take away a little of the excess weight, add a sparkle or some self-confidence, and maybe a style makeover and the results are stunning. I don't have a favorite this season, I don't think.

*smooch* <-- you *did* ask for smooches, yes?

Anonymous said...

I have a new show I think I like.

Gene Simmons Family Jewels. I like his kids. And I like him. He's actually quite funny, even if he is full of himself.