I hate it when I feel like my weekend was busy enough to give me some blogging topics, but when I go to blog it, I come up empty.
Oh well, here goes... I went to a party on Saturday evening. I was asked to bring a dessert so I bought some 1/2 off Halloween candy and made caramel popcorn balls. The balls were a hit! And not only were they all eaten, but it was kinda fun offering balls to people all night. I'm sure you can just imagine how many ridiculous, immature and crude jokes were made that night, lol!
A bunch of people ditched the party for a "real" party and I felt bad for the hostess. I stayed until pretty late and eventually peeled my sleepy kids off the couch and took them home. What was funny is that those who left for the other party left all their kids at this one for us to babysit. It annoyed me that there were so many toddlers toddling around at midnight. My kids were old enough to enjoy themselves and were thrilled to be able to stay up late, but the babies were crying for their moms. Grrr! I didn't like that at all.
In other news, my parents just got a Plasma TV. They previously had a 60" that took up half the room. Now, the Plasma is 50" and hangs above the fireplace. The picture is beautiful. I watched last week's Office there tonight. Jim is dreamier in HD, lol! Are you allowed to have a fire with the TV hanging up there, though? It would make me nervous.
Umm, *trying to think of anything interesting*... Sorry guys. I got nuthin' (again).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




10 comments:
Ack. Not sure I would hang my plasma over the fireplace. I wouldn't be having fires.
Do you guys actually USE fireplaces in Cali? *grin*
I'd have been supremely pissed at the parents leaving their toddlers at one person's "party" to go to another. That's just rude.
WHAT? People left their kids at the party? Wow. That's sooooo rude.
I don't think I'd be comfortable with my tv over the fireplace. Heat rises.
I'd like balls, please.
My leftover Halloween isnt as tasty as it was before Halloween, when it was all forbidden and stuff.
My BIL has a plasma tv over a fireplace. I don't know if they have fires though.
My dad has a plasma TV over their fireplace and they use the fireplace. I'll have to ask him if they worry about the heat from the fireplace doing damage to their TV.
I thought the big thing was to have a DVD of a fireplace playing on the TV so that you didn't actually HAVE to use the fireplace for ambience (if you don't need it for heat).
Regardless of what everyone else did, you are a thoughtful, nice friend for sticking around after everyone else ditched. *smooch*
They left their kids!?! See, I would have just said no.
I think a TV over the fireplace looks stupid. I know people and decorators do that all the time but I still thinks it looks dumb. When I get *my* 50 inch flat screen it will be on the wall opposite the family room fireplace. The furniture will be grouped and arranged so that the fireplace is the visual focus of the room, but the TV is in the prefect watching spot once you are seated. I got it all planned out. All I need is the big TV.
Jim is interesting!! I just referred to The Office IRL yesterday for something and now I can't remember what for.
I love popcorn balls!!
I also think the child thing was rude.
And, I would not want my TV over the fireplace. Interestingly enough, there are several homes in my neighborhood with that design. All of the fireplaces are gas - I don't know what effect that has if any. I guess it's done to accomodate spacing and furniture placement issues. And a lot of our homes have a formal living room and a den. Ours doesn't.
Wow, I cannot believe the peeps left their kids there. I would have said something if it were my house.
DH wants a 50" plasma tv and we'll probably get one in the new year.
We definitely won't put it over our fireplace because there isn't room. However, even if there were room, I doubt I'd do that. I'd be concerned about the heat factor.
Halloween candy is now 75% off. Yes, I resisted, but it was very hard to do.
We're getting a big flatscreen HD TV soon and the only place for it will be over the fireplace. I asked the heat question and was told it was no problem. We're waiting for a Christmas sale, to get it.
*vanilla smooches*
Oh wait. Wrong place.
Post a Comment