Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Trying again...

Ok, here's my feeble attempt at an update, lol.


I went shopping with a friend recently to Sephora in the mall. Remember last year when I went all crazy and bought tons of stuff? Well this year, I had some self control. Here's what I bought;









I love the key chain with the attachable lip glosses. It even has some little lips like the one on my blog, lol! The glosses are really nice too. As for the Pink Sugar set I bought, well, as much as I adore the scent, I must admit, it wasn't a great buy. I gave the shower gel to my ex-SIL because she hooked me up with a bunch of Clinique stuff recently, the lotion is ok except it's runny and and when it's on my hands, everything I touch (like food) ends up tasting like perfume. Ick! The lip gloss is just ok too, and I noticed it also has an icky flavor. But I did like the big bottle of perfume itself. It's a wonderful scent. If you ever see it somewhere, try it. I heard it's becoming extremely popular though, and that bums me because I like to be different, lol!



Anyhow, I went out with a friend Tuesday night and we met halfway between our towns, in a town that neither of us are familiar with. It was ok since she scoped it out before we got there and told me where to go. The problem was, when it was time to leave, I couldn't find the freeway. I ended up in the middle of nowhere, in the pitch black with what appeared to be orchards all over the place. I wasn't sure how long to go in that direction before giving up, so all in all, I was lost for almost a half hour. Gas is too freakin' expensive for mistakes like this!



I did buy the cutest lip gloss at Target while we were there, though. I'll add the picture. I am one of those suckers who falls for the packaging. Here it is;








Is that not too cute?? Sexy Motherpucker! It says it is one of those lip plumping kinds, but in my opinion, all that means is it hurts like a mofo right when you put it on. My friend and I were in the car and tried it on. We sat there waiting....waiting...and then BAM! All of a sudden our lips were stinging and they actually felt like they were vibrating. My blonde friend actually pulled the visor down to look in the mirror to see if her lips were actually moving, lmao! That totally gave me the giggles.

In other news, I'm starting a computer class at the local college in January. I'm excited about that since it's going to get me comfortable enough to take some other classes too. I still have no idea what else I'll take, but I do think it's always good to further your education. Like they say, Youth is wasted on the Young. If only I'd taken advantage of more opportunities in high School. *sigh* Better late than never.

P.S. Spell check wants me to spell it "blond", and not "blonde". Interesting. :)


16 comments:

mtw said...

"Lip Size Found Crucial For Sexual Attraction"

That? Made me laugh!

MM said...

Me too! It was such a shameless marketing tool. And I'm a sucker for it, lol! Honestly, I really bought it for the name. *giggle*

Swami said...

I need to study packaging more carefully. I seem to be missing a lot of good stuff!

Also? Your "feeble attempts" at an update are way better than my best stuff.

momma said...

Sexy Motherpucker? *giggle* I'd have bought it for the name, even without the cute packaging.

Yay for the college class! I'm proud of you. I was hoping and planning to start back in January, but....not sure it's going to happen now. :(

Yay for meeting up with friends! Except for when you get lost. Eek.

*smooooooooch*
I missed you the mostest.

kim (weltek) said...

Yay for classes. You'll have fun.

Yay for new makeup!

Hey, did Sephora have some cute ~$20 gifty things? I think that's what I want to give my local girlfriends this year for Christmas. Some kind of little makeup or skin care kit.

kim (weltek) said...

Yay for classes. You'll have fun.

Yay for new makeup!

Hey, did Sephora have some cute ~$20 gifty things? I think that's what I want to give my local girlfriends this year for Christmas. Some kind of little makeup or skin care kit.

kim (weltek) said...

oopsie.

Breezy said...

I have the BM lip plumper stuff, it tingles after you put it on... but I don't think my lips look any bigger. *smooch*

MM said...

Swami, yes, you do! They are getting more clever.

Thank you, Momma. *smooch* The Motherpucker is why I bought it, too. I knew the box would get tossed, so what was on the tube is what mattered. :)

Kim, Sephora did have good, inexpensive stocking stuffers. My lip gloss keychain was under $20, too.

I agree, Breezy. I even took a before and after picture of my lips with the gloss on. Other than being "glossy" no size change.

Bravie said...

Blond IS the correct way to spell it. *grin*

mtw said...

I tivoed MonsterQuest just for you and zombs.

*smooch*

Anonymous said...

I need some new makeup, but I always have Conner with me, and I can't focus with him there.

Did I tell you that I got lost trying to find the freeway when HD and I met up this summer. Thank Cod it was daylight.

MM said...

*smooches the Blonde*

MTW, did you watch it? I did! I was shocked at the end when they revealed that they had not yet found him. ;-)

Boo! I'd babysit if I could. Ever since I heard that cute little voice calling me Mrs. M&M, I just melted! <--no pun intended, lol.

mtw said...

MM, yes, I watched it last night! I was sure they'd have some good pictures on those cameras!

Jen said...

I think your lips are perfectly plump. *grin*

I really need to do some shopping. I haven't bought anything for myself in such a long time. I hate my winter funk, maybe some new lip gloss would cheer me up. :)

*besa*

Puffy said...

Blond is for males. Blonde is for females. I think Sexy Motherpucker would be a great screen name. I've been too busy all week to blog so I'm catching up this weekend.