Friday, November 09, 2007

I walk like a girl

I noticed this yesterday as I was coming out of a store. I tried to force my arms down by my sides and look normal, but then my pinky started raising up. Weird. And by "walk like a girl", I mean my wrists are turned up sorta (well, one wrist usually). Ugh, I can't describe it, but it's definitely girlish. Seems snobby now that I think about it. How do you walk? Have you ever paid attention? When you drink, do you do it with your pinky out? LOL, even when grabbing my water bottle and drinking, my pinky is out! This is going to drive me insane!

9 comments:

arkie said...

My pinky is raised up off the glass, but is not pointing. It's in the same arched position as my other fingers, but about a fourth-inch above the surface.

I'm not sure about when I walk. I will have to pay attention next time I get up to go somewhere.

MM said...

Be careful, once you pay attention, it could potentially drive you nuts, lol!

kim (weltek) said...

I sometimes drink with my pinky out, not up.

I didn't notice your girly walk! I think it's a cute habit, though.

mtw said...

I hope I don't walk like a girl!

Puffy said...

Using the word "pinky" is girly.

Bravie said...

I hate my walk. I walk like a football player in full gear. I slump and stomp around clumsily. :(

momma said...

I drink with my pinky up most of the time. It's a subconcious habit that when I do notice, I force my pinky down. I don't think I walk with the "mean girls" walk... *grin*

Anonymous said...

I've never really noticed my walk either. And now I feel like if I try to think about it, I might change it.

On Monday mornings, I walk like a drill seargent - trying to get Conner into the truck with all of his stuff.

I do not hold my pinky out or up when I drink.

Swami said...

I always hold my pinkie slightly off the surface of whatever drink I am holding. When I am drinking from an actual teacup - which doesn't happen often - I extend it quite a bit just as I was taught to do by all the neighborhood Canadian women my mom used to have over for tea (or coffee) every week when I was a child.

These days, I walk like a semi-gimp. If I am in dressy shoes (ie heels) I think I walk like a girl should. In tennis shoes, not so much.