Thursday, May 31, 2007

Exhausted

Emotionally, physically and mentally.

I could do a list of things I have to get done this week (Holy Carp! The week's almost over!) but I won't bore you with any of that. Suffice it to say, I've been busy. And negligent of my blog. And of my blog friends. I will do better starting, um...next week? Wait no, that's the kids last week of school and we have their promotion and party to plan,..so sometime after that and before my brother's wedding, I will be here more. And at your blogs more.

Now for my questions:

What is the worst/rudest thing you've ever said to someone who was annoying you in public?

and...

What is your favorite wedding memory (not including your own)?

14 comments:

Zombs said...

Oooh me first!

This past weekend while I was swimming at my mom's pool a woman gets in and my daughter says "Hi!" all friendly and cute. The woman replies "Hi, I don't want to get splashed at all". Note: DD was not in any way splashing.

So I proceeded to jump around the pool throwing the kids near her trying to get her wet. She was about mid 30's and did not go under her waist. Her husband was in the pool with their 3 year old daughter and asked her what she was wrong(I was eavesdropping cause I continued to try and splash around her innocently) and she siad she just got her hair done and did not want to get her makeup wet either.

She had really short hair and from what I gathered they were just visiting his mother and having some macaroni later. Whatever. Don't go in the pool then.

Zombs said...

Oh wedding memory? I don't have to many. I find all weddings cheesy and cliched. Mine included. I had fun a few friends that got married first before the huge wave of weddings started.

Anonymous said...

Well, not so long ago I did call someone a psycho bitch.

Favorite Wedding Memory: Going with wedding instead of reception - When my friend Ryan got married last year. His first wife left him for his best friend, and he found love again. Some of you may remember that his wife is the one with the brain tumor.

Anonymous said...

P. S. I missed you bunches!!

Aislinn Sirk said...

I hit someone yesterday. Does that count?

One of my friends wedding was in a small factory town. We ended up dancing until 1 and the party was in full swing when we left. It was so unexpectedly good that it was extra fun.

(Also, we crashed that wedding)

Swami said...

1. I don't say rude things in public on purpose because my mom would roll over in her grave.

2. My favorite wedding memory is from my evil sister Carole's first, when I was 12 years old. Me and my friend Beth scored a bottle of liquor, made "cocktails" with root beer and got completely drunk before anyone knew what we were doing. We did this while hiding out in my parents' bedroom. (Evil sister was married in our front garden.)

Bravie said...

*hugs*

I couldn't even begin to list the rude things I have said to people in public. So I won't try.

My most memorable wedding moment is a rather long story. So I won't list here. Maybe I'll blog about it someday because it's a pretty funny story.

kim (weltek) said...

I honestly don't know if I've ever said anything rude/responding to rudeness to someone in public. I've given a whole bunch of evil stares and said things in a biting manner though (e.g. "Can I please sit down in that seat?" to some young thing draped over two bus seats when the bus is PACKED with standing peeps). Otherwise, I'm chicken.

Wedding memory: Hm. I think a father's speech at a friend's wedding. The father of the bride told the story of how he first met the groom, how he felt about him at first and how he came to love him as one of his own family. It was funny and touching.

kim (weltek) said...

Another favorite wedding memory: We still laugh to this day about a "friend's" wedding (I use that term loosely) where the groom sang "Keeper of the Stars" to his bride. OMG was it awful.

MM said...

LOL Zombs! What a moron to get in a public pool and then tell the kids not to splash her.

*gasp* @ Boo! You? Calling someone a name? ;-) You skeer me a little bit.

Bob, it depends what you hit them with, and where.

Swami! My kids will be 12 this summer. I think you meant to say you were 15 or something. Right? RIGHT!!??

Carey, oddly enough, when I asked that question, you popped into my head. *grin* And blog the wedding sometime, I'd love to hear it.

Wow Kim, that is a sweet wedding memory. Anything involving dads just brings me to tears. People who can't sing, singing, also moves me to tears.

frodis said...

I can't remember having said anything rude to anyone in public. Not that I haven't, but I don't remember. I tend to go with evil glances and passive aggressive tactics, instead.

Wedding memory. The set up: My dad is ordained and can legally officiate at weddings. A woman who'd been working with us for as long as I can remember (she made my costume when I was the Blue Fairy in the 5th grade musical, that's how long) met the man of her dreams on a cruise. They wanted to get married. She is white, he is black, her family wasn't exactly approving.

One day, my dad called me up and asked me to come to his office. I did and found the happy couple there. It turned out I'd been invited to a very small, very private wedding ceremony. They exchanged beautiful, heartfelt and personal vows, exchanged rings, and my dad pronounced them husband and wife. The four of us who where there applauded. Then we brought the rest of the office staff in and had a little cake.

They moved to Florida to be near "the ships" and they cruise ALL the time nowadays.

HistoryDetective said...

Rude Memory: I didn't say it, but when exBF and I were in Rockefeller Center to see the Christmas tree the first year that we were dating, he turned to a woman and said, "If you cannot control that child, next time either leave it at home or put it on a leash." I thought that it was good advice.

Wedding Memory: Am I allowed to say the open bar at the reception at Tavern on the Green in Central Park?

Schnookie said...

I'm sure I've said rude things in public but I can't remember anything in particular.

Fave wedding memory was meeting my sistahs at Glowie's reception.

mtw said...

I guess I'm just getting too old. I really can't recall being rude in public, and I have no unusual wedding memories.