Thursday, May 10, 2007

sheesh!

My brother is getting married on July 7th, I guess. That's if he doesn't move the date up again. He met her about a month ago. Moving quickly, eh? Her name is not Sophie, btw. I've only been around her a couple times. She seems nice enough. She also has a gold lamé purse. *sigh* I'm trying to keep a positive attitude, and not assume the worst (which would be that this will end badly). I added some pics of them on my slideshow, btw.


Moving on...


I went to my towns parade last weekend. Not much to see until!... I spotted something! Is it Gus? And who is the imposter banana?? And where was Sophie during all of this? *giggle* *bad Tab*




And finally, this guy. Who is he, you ask? I have no idea. I just thought he was cute. *shrug*

In summation, while I do not generally like bananas, I am completely open to banana chips. I also like my new banana scented suntan lotion. :)


Please, tell me what you love or hate about bananas. Plastic or otherwise.

p.s. if you zoom in on the banana picture, the guy on the left reminds me of George Michael for some reason.


18 comments:

Swami said...

Brother & GF make a very cute couple, MM. Moving quickly doesn't equal doom any more than dating for 5 years first guarantees a happy marriage. Keep up the positive attitude. Maybe she'll let you borrow her gold lame purse!

That banana has big hole in the middle! Very strange. I bet if you sent that monkey after her Sophie would cough up the missing banana really quickly.

momma said...

Swami's right, as usual. A fast courtship doesn't always equal an impending divorce. I think, honestly, it depends on the couple. And for your brother, this may be the best thing.

Is he responsible? Do they get along pretty well?

Glowie said...

I too agree with Swami.

The guy that you think is cute looks like my ex-boss's husband.

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

I do not like bananas that have started to turn brown or have spots on them. To me, they are too ripe then. Not green, not brown, just yellow.

Thank you very much!

MM said...

You are right, my own parents were engaged within a month of meeting and married three months later. I'm more concerned that this young lady (she's 25 and been divorced twice) has not spent enough time with my DB's kids. She's been around them twice. I worry for them more than anything else. My brother and her are adults, and they can deal with whatever happens, but I don't want my niece and nephew to be hurt.

Jen said...

I hope you don't mind me saying, but your brother is hot! *grin* I've thought so for a long time, but I never said anything. Heh.

Ok, why did I see "gun parade" the first time I read this? I was confused.

I like bananas. I like them to be firm and delicious.

That may have been code.

kim (weltek) said...

That banana looks like a penis. Can I say that on your blog?

I don't like SIL-to-be already. It's obvious she has no brain of her own if she's following fashion so blindly.

I love bananas. I like them ripe, underripe, in banana bread, banana cake, banana pie and in jello. And those little finger bananas are very cute and delicious. Oh, and frozen bananas dipped in chocolate? Yum.

MM said...

lol Jen, I don't mind you saying that. As long as you stay true to *me*. ;-)

Kim, you can't say the "P" word in here. This is a wholesome, family type blog.

Bravie said...

Penis.
I like bananas. I had one this morning and I have two packed in my lunch for tomorrow.
Penis.
I got to enjoy the plastic one last weekend and I liked that too.
Penis.
I dunno. I'm all for long courtships before jumping into marriage.
Penis.
But I'm not a huge fan of divorce and think that people take marriage very lightly these days.
Penis.
But perhaps I think that way because marriage is not an option for me and I'm bitter. *grin*
Penis.
Ooops, was I not supposed to day penis here?
What about vagina? Or Vajayjay? Or Hoohah? Or boobies?
Just wondering.

Jen said...

No one could replace you, my dear. :)
*besa*

kim (weltek) said...

Hoohah!

Bravie said...

Vajayjay!!!!

Jen said...

Pussy!

(wait. was that the "P" word we're not supposed to say? *giggle*)

Bravie said...

What the fuck, Jen? This is a family blog.

MM said...

ACK!

*washes everyone's mouths out with soap*

Stop it you potty mouth people!! Have you no decency?? There are baby pics in this blog! Not to mention *me* who never swears! ;-)

Jen said...

*re-reads email from Tab this morning where she dropped an F-bomb*

Puffy said...

I like bananas. I like chocolate-covered frozen bananas. I like banana cake.

I'm going to a wedding on July 7. It's a record year for July 7 weddings because the date will be 07-07-07.

Swami said...

Okay, if she is 25 and has already been divorced twice I may change my mind a bit. I hope she isn't one of those people who thinks they have to marry everybody they sleep with in order to stay "moral". My sister Carole married four times for just that reason.