I have a lot going on this week, so I might not be here as much, but here are some questions I thought were fun, and would like to hear your answers. Pick a few if you can't do them all. I actually edited out about 30 more questions, and might add more later this week, in another post. I'll do my answers in the comments, after reading a few of yours.
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
2. DO YOU LIKE YOUR NAME? WHAT WOULD YOU CHANGE IT TO?
3. WHAT ARE YOUR SNACKING TEMPTATIONS....WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE TREATS? CANDY ETC...?
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SANDWICH? BE SPECIFIC?
5. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WHO WOULD
YOU BE? WHY?
6. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? WHAT IS SOMETHING EXTREME YOU WOULD CONSIDER DOING?
7. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL AS A CHILD, AND NOW?
8. WHAT ARE YOU PET PEEVES?
9. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR?
10. WHAT IS YOUR SHOE SIZE?
Monday, March 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




23 comments:
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Ali McGraw’s character from the movie “Love Story.”
2. DO YOU LIKE YOUR NAME? WHAT WOULD YOU CHANGE IT TO? Not really. There are so many Jennifers my age. However, I hate it when people shorten my name to Jen or Jenny. I wish my name were something short and classic like Kate or Jane.
3. WHAT ARE YOUR SNACKING TEMPTATIONS....WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE TREATS? CANDY ETC...? ACK!! Snacks?! *sigh* Dried fruit or nuts. Before the diet, Garden Sun Chips, Rosemary and Olive Oil Triscuits with cheddar cheese, nachos. (Mmmmmm!)
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SANDWICH? BE SPECIFIC? Rueben or turkey, swiss, tomato, lettuce and Russian dressing on a sub roll.
5. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WHO WOULD YOU BE? WHY? Not a clue. I just wish (and this might seem lazy) DH made enough money for me to stay home or volunteer at the Humane Society.
6. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? WHAT IS SOMETHING EXTREME YOU WOULD CONSIDER DOING? I would over water. I have bridge jumped and gone skydiving.
7. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL AS A CHILD, AND NOW? Far and away, Lucky Charms. Now, Kellogg’s Raisin Bran is probably my favorite.
8. WHAT ARE YOU PET PEEVES? Overly cautious drivers (they are more of a danger than they realize.) Hypocrisy. Injustice. Overzealous federal agents.
9. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Mint chocolate chip but I am not an ice cream eater. I don’t enjoy it enough to justify the obscene amount of calories.
10. WHAT IS YOUR SHOE SIZE? 8.5 which may seem big until you take into account the fact that I am 5ft 10in tall.
1. I was named after a street sign that my mom passed on the way to work everyday.
2. My name is fine. It's not horrible so I'll keep it.
3. Chips are my big snack temptations.
4. Favorite sammich would be prociutto on wheat with mustard, pickles and avocado.
5. If I were another person, I have no clue who I would be.
6.I would bungee in a heartbeat. I would do most extreme sports if my wife would let me.
7. Golden Grahams. Then and now.
8. Pet peeves. Bad drivers and people who interrupt.
9. Not a huge ice cream eater but cookie dough is my favorite.
10. Foot size is between 8-8 1/2 but I buy 8 1/2-9 because I hate my shoes being too tight.
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? No.
2. DO YOU LIKE YOUR NAME? WHAT WOULD YOU CHANGE IT TO? I didn't like my name as I was growing up, because it is old fashioned and quite unpopular. Now, I suppose it fits.
3. WHAT ARE YOUR SNACKING TEMPTATIONS....WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE TREATS? CANDY ETC...? Snacks depend on the time of the month. Lately, it's been Pringles and Oatmeal cookies. Favorite candies are usually Reese's PB Cups.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SANDWICH? BE SPECIFIC? Subway, some kind of cheesy italian bread (I'd have to ask DH what it's called), ham, turkey, honey mustard, lettuce, tomato, pickles, black olives, salt and pepper. YUM!
5. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WHO WOULD
YOU BE? WHY? I have no idea who I'd be. Hopefully someone with more money, a better job (or the ability to stay home with the kids), a ranch with some horses and some time to volunteer with a mentoring program.
6. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? WHAT IS SOMETHING EXTREME YOU WOULD CONSIDER DOING? HELL NO!!!!
7. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL AS A CHILD, AND NOW? I don't really like cereal.
8. WHAT ARE YOU PET PEEVES? Oh dear god. This is an entire post in itself. To name a few - smacking gum, chewing with your mouth open, dishonesty, stupidity, and faked ignorance.
9. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? These days, it's an Oreo blizzard.
10. WHAT IS YOUR SHOE SIZE? 6 or 6 1/2, depending on the shoe.
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
The same person that all of the other Jennifers born in the early 1970s was named after.
2. DO YOU LIKE YOUR NAME? WHAT WOULD YOU CHANGE IT TO?
It suits me, so I'll keep it.
3. WHAT ARE YOUR SNACKING TEMPTATIONS....WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE TREATS? CANDY ETC...?
I'm more of a salty snacker than a sweet snacker, so chips and nuts. When I'm stressed out, I go straight for cookies. Crunchy cookies.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SANDWICH? BE SPECIFIC?
A skirt steak sandwich on a french roll, with the house sauce from a local place called "Booby's" Yeah. Booby's.
5. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WHO WOULD
YOU BE? WHY?
I don't know, I can't really think of anyone I'd want to be.
6. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? WHAT IS SOMETHING EXTREME YOU WOULD CONSIDER DOING?
I have bungee jumped. I would sky dive, but Mr. Fro would not like it.
7. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL AS A CHILD, AND NOW?
Then: Cocoa Krispies.
Now: Cocoa Puffs. Actually, I also like Basic 4 and cereals with fruit and nuts in them.
8. WHAT ARE YOU PET PEEVES?
When Mr. Fro wipes his hand through something dusty at home, leaving a clean line or smear in the dust, but then doesn't actually wipe the rest of the dust off. Then, not only is the object in question dusty, but it's clear that you KNOW it's dusty and didn't do anything about it.
9. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR?
Chocolate.
10. WHAT IS YOUR SHOE SIZE?
It was 7, but now it seems to be 7.5.
1. I was named after my father's ex-girlfriend.
2. When I was growing up, I didn't like it - I thought it sounded "frumpy", and it was not a very well-known/popular name. But now, I like the fact that I've only come across 3 or 4 other people with the same name.
3. Depends on whether I'm craving sweet or salty. Cheetos, Reese's PB cups, and salted walnuts and pecans.
4. Reuben.
5. I can't imagine being someone else.
6. No. I'm just not an extreme person.
7. King Vitamin. Now, I really don't have a favorite.
8. When someone else has control of the remote, and they keep flipping through channels. It doesn't bother me when *I* do it, just when it's someone else.
9. Baskin Robbins' Jamoca Almond Fudge
10. Depending on the shoe, 9 1/2 or 10.
Tkit, I noticed you and Arkie said a "Rueben" for a sandwhich. What is that?? Mmmm, Lucky Charms!
Carey, cookie dough from Ben and Jerry's, or some other brand?
Momma, I love your name! And sheesh, you have tiny feet!
Frodis, Cocoa Krispies were my favorite, too. I also prefer salty snacks, but circus animal cookies are an exception! :)
Arkie, I felt the same way about my name, growing up. I wanted to be named Jennifer so badly! I still don't like my name, and like you, I've only known a few people who are named Tabitha. Oh, and Jamoca Almond Fudge is my second favorite, after Prailines and Cream.
I love reubens, too. Here's what I think one is, but it's possible that there are regional differences in reubens so I'm not saying this is definitive.
Sliced corned beef, swiss cheese, sauerkraut, and thousand island dressing on rye bread, grilled.
I think there's a version made with turkey and russian dressing instead of corned beef/thousand island that might have a different name. A Rachael? Something like that.
I am very, very, very fond of sandwiches.
The way the Reubens I've had are made is: pastrami, sauerkraut, swiss cheese, and 1000 island dressing on rye, grilled.
Hmm, interesting. Who is Reuben, though? He gets a sandwhich named after him?
history of Reuben
Hey, that was interesting! Thanks Arkie! *smooch*
1. I don't think I was named after anyone.
2. Eh. My first name is alright. (Just don't call me Jenny! *evil eyes to all the people who will call me Jenny after this*) I don't like my last name though. It doesn't go well, and I don't like the sound of it.
3. Snacks. Hmm. Cookies would be my main thing, I guess. My favorite store bought cookie is the Keebler Fudge Stripes. Shortbread cookies with chocolate on them. Mmmmm.
4. I'd have to say my favorite sammich is the Classic Club from Quizno's. Turkey, ham, bacon, cheddar, lettuce, tomato and mayo.
5. I get to choose who I would be? Ok, I'd be some Hollywood actress. Rich and beautiful.
6. It's highly unlikely I would ever bungee, but like tkit, I would only do it over water.
7. Kid- Golden Grahams
Now- I don't know. They took away my Berry Berry Kix and I've yet to find a suitable replacement. Most of the time I buy Rice Chex. I'm told that's very boring. *waves to Glow*
8. Inconsiderate people, bad drivers, people who interrupt, people who are so happy and upbeat that you know it must be fake.
9. Chocolate & Peanut Butter
10. 8-8.5, depending on the shoe. I usually need a wide width too.
Totally Ben & Jerry. Mmmmm. I would kill for some of that right now. And donuts and pizza and and and anything but fruit.
*waves to Jenny from the block*
1. I wasn't named after anyone. My mom let my godmother name me. And, that is why my name is spelled with an 'e' at the end (Carole). My godmother was French. My mom named my twin sister after her sister. On one hand, I was bummed that my mom didn't name me herself, but on the other hand, I'm kind of glad because since she named my twin sis after her sister (Constance), I likely would have been named after her other sister (Hilda). *shudder* Back in the stone-age, when I was born, they didn't have ultra-sound so my mom didn't know she was having twins. My sis came out and everyone thought that was it. Everyone left the room and 8-1/2 minutes later, out I came. No wonder my mom didn't have a 2nd name ready.
2. I've always disliked my name. I think it's so common. It sure beats being named Hilda though LOL. I always wanted to be named Christina. I also love the names Madeline and Meredith.
3. Tough one. I like all snacks. I like those trail mix thingys (peanuts and dried fruits and raisins). I also like cheesies and doritos. I'm not a big candy eater. I like Werther's candies and I love licorice all-sorts. Or just plain red licorice. Chocolate is really my thing.
4. I do enjoy Quiznos' Deli Tuna sammiches. I get mine on wholewheat, add a slice of swiss cheese, lettuce and tomatoe. Fave homemade sammich would be Salsalito Turkey Breast slices with swiss cheese and mayo on nine-grain bread. If I'm visiting Montreal, it's always nice to have a smoked-meat sammich on rye with mustard.
5. If I were another person, I'd be someone with ambition and make more money. And, I wouldn't be so lazy. I'd get off my arse and make a difference in this world.
6. I would NEVER EVER bungee jump or anything extreme. NEVER. *shudder*
8. We always had bland cereals as a kid (no money). It was a rare treat that we would get Lucky Charms. Now, my fave is Honey Bunches of Oats and Maple Sugar Mini Wheats. I always eye the really sugary kids cereals in the store. One day I'm going to get some Chocolate Count Coco Puffs (or something like that LOL).
8. My pet peeves are drivers that tail gate or cut to the head of the line. People who chew with their mouths open and noisy eaters. Arrogant people. Cruel people.
9. If I'm getting a milkshake, I'll always get a chocolate one. If I buy icecream at the grocery store, I'll treat myself to B&J's Gobfather or the New York one. If I go to Bruster's, I'll get the raspberry truffle chocolate *slurp*.
10. I wear a size 8 shoe. Sometimes I have to get a wide due to my bunion.
Keebler fudge stripes are SO good! I did not know that until I tried the 100 calorie packs, and fell in love. I think I can only buy the 100 cal packs, or I would eat too many. *yum*
I recently bought the tiny cup of B&J's cookie dough ice cream. They are just so cute! Have you seen them? The ones with the spoon in the lid?
Nookie! I love the name Carole. It's so classy sounding. And my neighbor is named Hilda. *giggle*
I cannot imagine not knowing I was going to have twins. At the end, people would know just by looking at my belly! LOL.
*smooch*
1. No. I was going to be called Kelly, but my mom knew a horse called Kelly, so.. no go.
2. Yes, I do, but I like the name Claire also. When my sister calls me by my first and middle name - runs them together... bugs the crap outta me.
3. Hershey's with almonds, or Kisses. But this time of year, mini malted bird eggs. (so far have avoided.)
4. Club Royale from Jason's Deli. Ham, Turkey, Bacon on a croissant with lettuce, tomato, and honey mustard.
5- pass. I like being, me, I suppose.
6. No. No. No. Hang-Gliding I think I'd like to do though..
7. Super Sugar Smacks.
8. Whining children.
9. Baskin Robbins Pralines & Cream. Also partial to pistachio almond.
10. <- 10's or 9's depends.
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
Yes
2. DO YOU LIKE YOUR NAME? WHAT WOULD YOU CHANGE IT TO?
When I was growing up and in high school, I didn't like my name because too many things can be done to it. I refuse to elaborate. I don't like it when people shorten my name *waves to Tkit*, but otherwise I like my name now.
3. WHAT ARE YOUR SNACKING TEMPTATIONS....WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE TREATS? CANDY ETC...?
Depends. Apparently this weekend, the big temptation was the cookies I baked. Other times I really crave chips - just plain ripple chips with dip.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SANDWICH? BE SPECIFIC?
Club house: turkey, bacon, lettuce and tomato in 3 layers, with mayo
5. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WHO WOULD YOU BE? WHY?
Nah.
6. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? WHAT IS SOMETHING EXTREME YOU WOULD CONSIDER DOING?
I wouldn't bungee jump. Doesn't appeal to me. I would parachute.
7. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL AS A CHILD, AND NOW?
Life, as a child. Now: Honey Bunches of Oats
8. WHAT ARE YOU PET PEEVES?
When people don't understand my very simple instructions and do something else instead because "we're having a communication problem" and tell me to write a note next time as if we haven't got the whole system with the blue container worked out to specifically avoid situations like this.
And loud cell phone talkers.
9. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR?
Maple, Creamsicle and President's Choice Vanilla Fudge Crackle
10. WHAT IS YOUR SHOE SIZE?
9
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
Mia Farrow's character on the old soap opera Peyton Place. My mom watched it when she was pregnant with me.
2. DO YOU LIKE YOUR NAME? WHAT WOULD YOU CHANGE IT TO?
Yes. Uhhh... I wouldn't.
3. WHAT ARE YOUR SNACKING TEMPTATIONS....WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE TREATS? CANDY ETC...?
Sometimes I like sweets and sometimes I like salty snacks, but I always love chocolate! One can never have enough chocolate. Chocolate covered pretzels, anyone?
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SANDWICH? BE SPECIFIC?
Ham, American cheese, lettuce, tomato, mayo on a hard roll.
5. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WHO WOULD YOU BE? WHY?
I would be you so I can understand what it's like to be smutty. :D
6. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? WHAT IS SOMETHING EXTREME YOU WOULD CONSIDER DOING?
No.... but perhaps I would go up in a hot air balloon. To me, that's extreme because heights? *shudder*
7. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL AS A CHILD, AND NOW?
Then? Corn Pops. Now? Rice Chex.
8. WHAT ARE YOU PET PEEVES?
A$$wipe drivers. Ignorant people. I'm sure I have plenty of others.
9. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR?
Mint chocolate chip.
10. WHAT IS YOUR SHOE SIZE?
8 or 8 1/2, depending on the shoes.
1. Named after an Aunt (middle name only)
2. Would change my name to almost anyhting else. Hate my name.
3. Mmmm...popcorn!
4. Cheese and Dill Pickle on white bread, dry. *yum*
5. I like Jen's answer.
6. I'd do the hot air balloon. *waves to Nutz*. I think I'd sky dive, but not bungee jump.
7. Rice Chex as a kid, Frosted Flakes now.
8. Typos (yes, it's petty and I do it all the time, lol), loose hairs on people's clothing, dirty hair, foul language in front of children, inconsideration towards others.
9. Prailines and Cream or Jamocha Almond Fudge. Dryers (?) has a kind out right now, Caramel and Pretzel...it's beyond good!
10. 7.5
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
--No. My older brother and sisters were all named after someone, but when I came along at the end everyone was out of ideas so they just picked a name they thought sounded kinda nice.
2. DO YOU LIKE YOUR NAME? WHAT WOULD YOU CHANGE IT TO?
--My first name is okay but I hate my middle name. I would change that in a heartbeat and replace it with my mother's maiden name.
3. WHAT ARE YOUR SNACKING TEMPTATIONS....WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE TREATS? CANDY ETC...?
--Salty: nachos. Sweet: dark chocolate.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SANDWICH? BE SPECIFIC?
--Lots of thin-sliced roast beef with sliced green peppers, sprouts and tomatoes. Mooshy white bread buttered on both slices. With salt and pepper.
5. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WHO WOULD
YOU BE? WHY?
I would be Molly Ivins, only still alive, and young and beautiful. I love the way her mind worked, but I want to be young and beautiful again dammit! I could also be Margaret Mead - only an alive, young and beautiful version.
6. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? WHAT IS SOMETHING EXTREME YOU WOULD CONSIDER DOING?
--When I was younger I wanted to skydive and bungee jump so bad but i couldn't afford it. Now I'm afraid I might break something. I really wanted to whitewater raft on some exotic river, but I never got to do that either.
7. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL AS A CHILD, AND NOW?
Child: Rice Crispies and Life
Now: Post Almond Cranberry Crunch
8. WHAT ARE YOU PET PEEVES?
--Stupid drivers, ignorance, lots more too but I don't feel like complaining just now.
9. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR?
--I don't like ice cream.
10. WHAT IS YOUR SHOE SIZE?
--11
*waits for a prize*
MM! Cheese and pickle on bread?? What are you, Carey?? *ick*
Swami- I bet MM has some Bigfoot trophy laying around that she could give you. *giggle*
*evil eyes @ Jen*
Hmmmph!
Swami, it's not too late to do those things! Look into it!
Post a Comment