Friday, March 30, 2007

Ok...

So I called the KFC management place (district offices) and the first lady I spoke to was already a trillion times better than the crappy co-manager lady (whose name is Sam, btw). She told me she would give my complaint to the guy who is in charge of the KFC in question. Within 10 minutes, he called me. He apologized, and said that she did not handle it correctly, and he would go in to see her the next day, and talk to her. He also remembered me, from when DH worked there (he managed several KFC's when we first got together) so it was nice to know that he *knew* me, and knew I was not a nutjob who was looking for trouble (or free food). So, I feel much better. Glad I took that step.

I remember one time getting the worst service EVER at a nice Italian place in Reno, and I never called and complained, and I regretted it for years. I *still* get angry when I think about that night. I ended up leaving with my little brother (then about 14) and my kids. The rest of my family stayed, and she had the nerve to say something about how difficult I was being, to them! Bitch! And know how I was being difficult? I asked her for a larger table, because she thought that my twins could sit in high chairs, behind us, instead of at the table!

Also, they did not have children's menus and she said there was a $10 fee just for sitting there, whether you ate or not. It was ridiculous. I told everyone in my family to stay, but took my brother (who hates pasta) and my two year old kids to Denny's, instead. To this day I'm pissed my family didn't just leave with me. Grrr! See? I would feel better (and let it go) had I done something about it at the time. That's why I did this time. No more regrets.

What was your worst dining/waitress/waiter experience? Did you complain about it?

7 comments:

thndrkttn said...

Good for you!!! So are you going to get free food out of the deal?

Worst for me was Red Lobster. Our waitress was 'working' a table of about 6 guys and that's where she spent her whole night. We were seated, got menus, she brought our food, NOT our drinks and she never came to our table again. Not once. We had to go to the front to complain to even get our check. Obviously, we didn't leave her a tip of any kind.

kim (weltek) said...

Wow, that Reno story pissed me off just hearing it.

Swami said...

I can't recall any totally disastrous experiences. Tom is really good at managing people so he can usually engage someone if they come to our table.

We have sent food back a few times because it was not at all hot or was otherwise not satisfactory. I will rarely send food back if the waiter is a guy - I firmly believe in the "extra sauce" thing, and guys are more likely than women to retaliate if they think you are challenging them.

Probably our worse service ever was at a local steakhouse chain. The waiter arrived with attitude. As he handed us our menus he casually scratched his eyebrow with his F-you finger, always a bad sign. He brought everything, but late, and every time he came to the table he touched his face somwhere with his middle finger.

We left him a one dollar tip and on leaving I told the manager that our waiter had continuously flipped us off and we would never eat there again. Which we haven't.

Puffy said...

*Gasps at mm's and Swami's stories*

mtw said...

Okay, I have a story from maybe 17 years ago when older DD was just a baby. It's really horrific and I won't be able to do it justice. I don't even remember much of it to tell you the truth.

It was a seafood fast food restaurant called Skippers, and it was pretty late on a weeknight. I don't remember what exactly happened, but I complained about something - maybe off-duty employees who were cursing loudly in the restaurant or really poor service, or something. A couple of the off duty employees took it upon themselves to actually come up to us and start verbally abusing us and threatening physical abuse. I was actually frightened and we left.

I was so angry, I really almost came back with a baseball bat and smashed a couple windows in. No, I didn't do it, but even imagining it was WAY out of character for me.

After the fact, I was too timid to complain. I thought about it for a couple of days, went back and forth, then eventually (maybe five days later) called the store or district manager who was on vacation. I never called back or heard back.

This would NEVER happen to me now. I would NEVER let something like that go unpunished. To this day, it's one of my biggest regrets; that I acted so pathetically wimpy. I'm embarrassed to even admit this here.

mm said...

tkit, no free food was offered. Honestly, I would have turned it down, and am somewhat relieved he didn't offer anything. BUT, Round Table has been called twice so that I could let them know that our "well done/extra crispy" pizza was undercooked on the bottom, and that we had to put in into *our* oven at home, and the manager never offered anything. He just said, "next time you come in, check it before you leave". That one pissed me off.

Kim, there was more to the Reno story, but I was trying to keep it short. It was the most infuriating experience I've had, I believe.


LOL @ the "extra sauce" thing, Swami! Your experience sounds bad too. Whnever I've been frustrated enough not to leave a tip, I *always* leave a note explaining why, so they don't just think we're cheap.

*sits with Puffy*

MTW, were you alone? With your family? That is a shocking story. {{hugs}}
People like that definitely got what was coming to them, I bet. Karma.

Bravie said...

I complain everywhere I go. That is never ever an issue for me. *evil grin*