Friday, March 09, 2007

A few more pics and a mascara question

Ok, here are some more of my vacation pics. I might even have a couple more, after I get the ones my aunt took. She's a photographer, and bound to have better ones. I tried to get another one from the Madonna Inn on here, but blogger wouldn't let me. Sorry Puffy!

BTW, I'm still using old blogger! Ha! Take THAT new blogger! :P

Anyhow, before I continue with the pictures, I need some mascara advice, and I guess I'm too lazy to dig around OT and see what the old girlie threads say. I need some new mascara and just want to find something that doesn't freakin' clump! What have you found that's good? I don't need waterproof, in case that makes a difference.







This is one of my favorite pictures. It's my dad, and three of his grandkids (including my two). We were all on the yard, watching the kids make a sand castle, and my dad was laughing at the kids because they kept coming up to the yard for water (as opposed to using the ocean). So I challenged him to go down there himself and show them how to do it. The next thing we knew, they were all playing in the water. Here, they are waiting for the wave, so they can then turn and run away from it. Pretty soon, my dad was having his fun by pushing the kids down, and getting them (and their clothes) wet!



Pretty soon, my cousin Kelsey decided that Uncle Mike had been a bully for too long, and she thought maybe she'd push him down! This is when the fun really started (for us, watching from the yard). *grin*




By the time this picture was taken, my dad had gotten Kelsey down, and she was determined to bring him down.



As you can see here, she did. Of course, he managed to take her down with him. I'm pretty sure my mom peed her pants when she saw this happen. I choked on my coffee (it was still early in the morning!). This might have been the best laugh we had all weekend. When my dad came up for air, a huge wave crashed over him. He was soaked worse than any of the kids.

Ok, here we have some guy in the men's room at the Madonna Inn. This is a picture of the urinal. It's a rock wall, and as someone stands there, a motion activated waterfall comes on, where the men 'do their business'. Ok really, it's my brother, and he is *not* actually doing anything here. The other (smaller) guy is my DS. Here is a link to see more of the urinal.


This is a dining room there. Apparently, Mrs. Madonna loved pink. Everything is pink.


This is a picture of the ladies room. Not quite as "must see" as the men's room, but very pretty and elaborate, I thought. This picture really does not do it justice.






Here is a picture from the Elephant Seal Vista Point, in Cambria, if I recall correctly. It was so cool too see them all just laying out on the beach. We could have gone down to them, but it was recommended that we stay up high, where it was safer.

Not so cute really. Almost like giant slugs. Still, fascinating to watch (even though they hardly moved, lol!).


7 comments:

Bravie said...

Cool pics. I love the one with your Dad and his feet in the air while under water. Very funny.

Jen said...

I don't think it's a good idea to taunt new Blogger. It's eeeeeeevil. It will seek revenge. *grin*

My favorite mascara is Maybelline Full 'N Soft. I've never found anything that I like as much, and I don't have a problem with clumping.
I don't do this, but I've heard if you wipe the brush off a bit before you apply, you'll have less of a problem with clumps.

Those pics are hilarious! Well, not the sluggy seal one. That's just gross. :)

*besa*

Swami said...

I love the photos, MM! Your dad getting dunked is a classic series of action shots.

Not so impressed with the rock wall urinal. How do they clean the damn thing?

And lol at the sea lions lying equidistant from one another. I guess they can't stand each other.

Swami said...

Forgot - I like Maybelline mascara, but I always get the waterproof kind.

mtw said...

I love the action shots of your dad and Kelsey!

Mascara? What's that stuff for, anyway?

*sigh*
*copies comment to clipboard*
*logs in to new blogger*
*pastes comment from clipboard*
*glares at MM*

*smooch*

Puffy said...

I lvoe the "feet" picture the best! Great pictures. The Madonna Inn is one of a kind! Swami, they have rock wall showers in some of the rooms, too. Each room is different from the next.

How in the world have you avoided new blogger for so long? I H.A.T.E. signing in with my email address and long password every time. At least old blogger saves my name and address. I'm now on my 4th try, trying to post here.

Glowie said...

Great pictures! I like the urinal wall. hee.

Full N Soft. Got it.