Monday, March 12, 2007

Channeling Coco?

Today I went to a elementary school production of the play Grease. I took the kids with me, and wasn't really expecting much (being that it *was* a grade school show) but WOW! I was impressed! These were some very talented kids. The reason I went at all is because my "friend" Jennifer has a little sister (my kids age, around 11) who loves me (*grin*) and invited me. I didn't want what happened between Jenn and I to affect this girls play. She played Rizzo. I can't say I wasn't a little bit partial, but I have to say, she kicked serious ass! Her singing was by far the best, and she nailed the sassy role perfectly! I really enjoyed it.

Oh, and um, here's my confession. (this is where I could totally relate to Coco and her Harry Potter thing) When the orchestra came out, I immediately noticed one young man who was wearing a black suit, white shirt and a skinny black tie, done loosely with his top button undone, and wearing a fedora. He was *dead on* Heath Ledger in 10 Things I Hate About You. Dead on. I couldn't take my eyes off him. I started to convince myself that he was NOT a student, but instead, a very young looking legal addition to the otherwise school-aged band. Dead on Heath Ledger. *sigh* So once my friends knew I was crushing on him, they decided to find out his age. Turns out he was 17. *bigger sigh* I cannot believe that for the first time in my life, I could finally understand how some people end up in jail! LOL, ok seriously, I would not have touched him. I doubt he even shaves yet. But damnit, he was Heath Ledger!!! I have a thing for bone structure. I notice it. Before things like eyes and lips stand out to me, I know if I am attracted based on the bone structure. Odd, maybe. *shrug* Anyhow, there is one particular facial bone structure that gets me every time. This kid had the perfect cheek bones, jaw line and nose. Poor kid has no idea that there was a dirty old woman in the audience, thinking all sorts of naughty things about him.

FTR, once I knew his age, I refrained from watching him. There was no way I could sit there having such thoughts, while knowing he was still a boy.

Once I decided to blog about him, I wondered how odd it would sound that I fall for bone structure, before other attributes. What do you fall for first?
Do you notice facial features, like the eyes and mouth? The hair? Are there some things you could not care less about? Like, "hey, as long as he/she has this, who cares if he/she doesn't have this..." kinda thing? Just curious.

edited to add~ (&^%^*@$$!!!! I just peeked at the Amazing Race spoilers forum and saw who went home. :( Maybe someone else can come and yell the word that I want to, but can't bring myself to say...

^%$&&#!!!

21 comments:

Bravie said...

We watched Grease on Saturday while I was making salsa and getting drunk on Bloody marys. *grin*

Jen said...

Allow me. *clears throat*

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!!!

Was that the right word? :D

Jen said...

I am so bad at judging people's ages. I never have a clue. I may also be crushing on a 17 year old. He works at the convenience store at the corner of my street. He doesn't *look* 17 really, but because he works at a convenience store I assume he must be younger. Or maybe he goes to school (college! not high school!) during the day and works there at night. He looks like he's at least 22. Is that acceptable for a 26 year old to have *ahem* fantasies about? 'Cause I had a reeeeeally good one yesterday. *grin*

*besa*

Jen said...

Me again. :)

I notice overall looks at first, and then I look at the mouth and eyes. I also like hands. Nice strong hands with long fingers. And they must have clean fingernails.

Swami said...

I like tall guys with muscles. No pretty boys for me. I really don't care how handsome the face is so long as the guy looks strong and alpha male.

I haven't crushed on an under-age guy for a long, long time.

kim (weltek) said...

hehe, you and Coco, the pervs.

mtw said...

Personally, I'm shocked. I can't even *imagine* having dirty thoughts about underage GIRLS!

To me a pretty face and nice hair is really important. I could like a variety of body shapes and sizes if the face and hair were nice, but if the hair was awful and the face was ugly, I wouldn't care how great the rest of the package is.

lights said...

I'm with Swami on the "tall, strong, alpha-male" bandwagon. *grin*

Oh ya, FUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKK!!!!!

HistoryDetective said...

Ummm, is it really appropriate for elementary school students to be doing a musical that glorifies slackers and burnouts?

Anyway, I always notice the hair first. A guy has to have good hair or else I just will not be attracted to him. (Extra bonus points for having dark hair. I am rarely attracted to blondes, but black hair gets my attention before brown hair.) Next is face: I like a nice jawline. After that, I like a a body that is fit, but not necessarily muscular. Brown eyes absolutely make me melt and I like some chest hair, but neither of those is a requirement. Good hair is a requirement.

In general, I'm not attracted to twinks. I like men who look like adults. On occasion, however, young men have fooled me by looking older than they really are.

Boyfriend is six years younger than me, fwiw.

Schnookie said...

LOL. If I'm ever tempted to have naughty thoughts about a young man, I immediately remind myself that my step-sons are 20 & 21 yrs old and it's like taking a cold shower :-)

I notice eyes first and hands.

If they have a good sense of humor, then I'm happy with that. And good hygiene LOL.

mm said...

Thanks, Jen and Lights, for saying what I couldn't. *grin*

Bloody Marys? Don't think I've had one of those.

Jen, wouldn't the guy *have* to be older to work at a convenience store? *crossing fingers for Jen*

I'm with you Swami, pretty boys do nothing for me. Usually. ;-)

*whacks Kim*

MTW, guys can't have dirty thoughts about underage girls. It's a rule. /double standard

HD, the play was done pretty well. I too, was wondering how they'd handle certain parts, but they actually modified it enough that it wasn't really *about* anything, and pretty tame.
Also, when reading your comment, I thought you wrote, "extra bonus points for having back hair"! LOL! It's because you have the word "black" written right under "dark" and I dunno, my eyes played a trick on me. *giggle*


Ack Nookie! Can't imagine how it would feel to have the boys that age. Like you said, equivalent to a cold shower, LOL!

Puffy said...

I thought Jen said that she notices OVERALLS!

Jen said...

Good news! He has to be at least 18, because that is the age you have to be in order to sell alcohol in Ohio. So at least he's legal. *grin*

*snort* at Puffy. I would definitely notice overalls, but it would *not* be an attractive quality!

mm said...

See? I can uncross my fingers now. ;-) YAY! Now hurry up and ask him out or something. *grin*

Jen said...

Yeah. That'll happen. *snort*

mm said...

I said "or something". I think you can manage that.

Jen said...

Oh, so I can just go into the store and stare at him all googly eyed? Yes. I can probably manage that.
:D

mm said...

See? Nothing to it. Actually, my brother got hit on recently by a younger girl and she had a good pick up line. She said he looked really familiar and asked him all kinds of questions (school, college, work, etc.) and then asked for his number so she could call him when she figured it out. Heh! Try that one!

Jen said...

LOL! That's funny. I wish I had confidence to do stuff like that.

mm said...

You do, you just haven't found it yet. Practice hitting on me more often. ;-)

*signing off for the day*
*besa*

Jen said...

Hey, don't I know those lips from somewhere? Maybe if you kissed me it would refresh my memory. *grin*

*besa*