Monday, November 27, 2006

Long week!

::warning:: extremely long post ahead (with nothing very important inside)
Read at your leisure. :)

Wow, it's been an insanely busy (long) weekend. I actually started out on Tuesday, taking DD to the mall. I knew if I didn't do it by Wednesday, it would be too late to beat the rush. I went to Sephora and got the Creme Brulee perfume, and also the Pink Sugar perfume. Both are really delicious smelling! I got some hand cream in Bath & Body Works that is called Pink Buttercream Frosting. OMH, if only it were edible! It smells wonderful, and while applying it at a party (more on that later) I had a girl tell me she would make out with me, knowing I smelled liked that. :) I had bought the matching Buttercream lipgloss, but it was $14, and after getting it home and realizing it had no taste, I decided to take it back. It was an impulse buy, anyhow. On Wednesday evening, I met my mother at Kohl's and I bought a dark grey blazer and matching slacks. I hate saying I got a "suit". *shrug*

Anyhow, Thursday was spent at my parents house, with the family. It went fine and was really pleasant.
Finally, Friday came along and I was really looking forward to it. I was planning on going to a friends house where they have a big party every year, on the Friday after Thanksgiving. I usually never take the kids, as the atmosphere is a little less than ideal for younger ones, but this time, another friend that was coming, asked me to bring them, for her own to play with. It started off really badly, with more drama than I ever care to be a part of. Everyone seemed to have an ex going, or someone they were fighting with, or something like that. One girl accidentally was overheard on my answering machine, (friend Jennifer called and didn't hang up when she thought she had) saying something, not actually "bad" about me, but her tone indicated that she wasn't fond of me. At first I was quite miffed, and baffled really, since I had only been around this girl one other time. Then I remembered that the one other time, she had basically accused me of making out with her boyfriend. I later found out that she was mad that *any* other women were coming, because she had brought along a guy she likes, who doesn't like her that way. I commented to my brother later that apparently "Deanna" doesn't like me, based on what I heard, and he, being all protective I guess, called Jen's house and blasted the girls for "talking bad about me". *sigh* I had to do lots of damage control, and tried to reassure everyone that nobody had been saying anything bad, it was just the TONE of the one girl. Ack. At this point, I didn't even want to go anymore, but felt if I didn't, it would only create more tension.

So we went, and at first, I was a wreck. I had been taking lots of medicine all day, trying to fight a headache, and because of the headache, I hadn't eaten all day. The result was a very jittery, shaky me, who was on the verge of a meltdown. *embarrassed grin* When I got there, I was greeted by Angela, who is married to the guy who was especially nice to me the last time I was there, when I drank too much (remember that recent blog update?). She is insanely jealous of other women around her husband, and had even made it known she was unhappy about him and I being there that night. So, I felt the need (pressure) to make nice with her, at least for her DH's sake. Right after seeing her, my brothers ex-GF saw me, and decided I was the only person there who was happy to see her, which meant of course, we had to remain glued together for the night. I had Angela calling me over to her, and brother's ex, begging me to stay with *her*.

My head was pounding, I hadn't eaten, and couldn't drink. I was really ready to head home at that point. Oh, and Deanna, the girl who I assumed didn't like me, wasn't making any effort to say hello to me (nor was I to her), which made me all the more uncomfortable. At that point, I needed a breather, and decided to go to the store. I finally found one (don't know the area) and walked through it having no idea what to get. In the end, I got a 2 liter of Coke (for the rum, of course), and a small package of peanuts. By the time I got back to the party, I was feeling much better.

I saw a boy (man, really) who I knew from when I used to babysit him! It's lovely to be introduced as "my old babysitter". *sigh* He had brought another young man with him, who I had also known when I was younger, and he was a toddler. It was so weird to be hanging out, watching these young men drink and dance and flirt, knowing I was so much older. Of course the group consisted of people varying in age from infancy to 40 maybe? Anyhow, at least I wasn't the oldest. {insert *impending birthday panic* here}

The girl Deanna was walking past me at one point, hours after I had gotten there, and she acted all happy to see me *rolls eyes*. We hugged and made phony nice faces. She is the one who said later she wanted to make out with me, after walking around for ten minutes asking everyone what smelled like cake. (it was me! *smile*)

Another interesting side note (to me) was that at one point, I headed to the backyard to take a phone call, and this lady that I see there frequently made a joke about me needing to "lay on the grass" again, referencing the last time I was there. Frankly, I had no idea she was there last time (lol) and I looked surprised, I guess, because she said, "yes, I was here that night, and I must say, I liked you a lot better that night. It's like you were human". Umm, ouch. I've asked a few people who know me well, about this, asking them what they make of it, and they all pretty much said the same thing. I am a little standoffish at first, and hard to get to know. I'd like to NOT be this way, but I have no idea how to change. :(

We eventually left, very late that night. Lots of people were spending the night, including my brother and his kids, but I was ready to go home, as were my children. In the end, I can say we had a really good time. It just took a while for everyone to relax and enjoy it. Deanna actually followed me out and gave me a hug as I was leaving. Perhaps she forgives me for kissing her boyfriend over 12 years ago? (didn't know he had a GF, btw /defensiveness)

Thank gawd tomorrow is Monday, and the kids go back to school...
and DH goes back to work, and I...*looks at messy house* will play on the blogs and OT! *grin*

Has everyone recovered from the Holiday? Any leftovers to share??

13 comments:

Jen said...

You better not have made out with that bitch. *squinty eyes*

I'm glad you had a good time in the end. I wonder if I come off as snooty too sometimes, just because I am usually too shy to talk to anyone.

kim (weltek) said...

OMG, I can't believe the woman said that about you "being more human." Whatevah. People are going to stop going to that party if they don't grow up.

Puffy said...

Count me in as another one who might appear to be unfriendly. Since so many of us are "unfriendly," why do we all get along here on the blogs?

I made turkey soup. Want some?

mm said...

MRC, that was you?? ;-)

I agree, being an open book just isn't for everyone. I do tend to take my time before letting my guard down, especially IRL. I realize that people think I'm being snooty, or unfriendly, but I think I'd rather that, than having nothing else to offer, a few months into the friendship. *hopes that made sense*

Jen, I made out with a different girl, so no worries. :P
When I met you, you did not seem snooty at all! In fact, didn't *we* make out??

Kim, the party is a bunch of faux adults, who can legally buy alcohol. It's great fun occasionally, but not the scene I crave on a regular basis.

Puffy, I cannot imagine you being unfriendly! Seriously, you are so sweet.


::scary thought::
Maybe we're all holed up in our houses, blogging, because we are too unfriendly to the real people? :0

Swami said...

I am another one who is "hard to know" IRL. It used to bother me a bit but I have totally come to terms with it. Most of the "easy to know" stuff people do isn't really knowing anything - it's just slip-sliding along. So who cares?

Puffy said...

MM, I was thinking about the nice PM that you sent to me. An unfriendly, unsociable person doesn't do that. A kind, friendly, caring person does that...you.

Bravie said...

Recovered? It's still the holiday, isn't it?

Jen said...

You better watch it, girly. Valentine's is just around the corner and if you keep making out with other women I will be forced to find someone else to send flowers and chocolates to.

You already knew I was a sarcastic bitch when we met, so I didn't have to hold back and be reserved. *grin*

mm said...

Whoa Jen! Slow down, please. There is no need to go all crazy, making threats about Valentine's day, ok?

I promise I will not make out with any more girls, until at least after February. ;-)

*smooch*

Jen said...

You're such a smut. ;-)

*smooch*

mm said...

*sniffs*

Thank you, sweetie. Your words mean more than you know.

volsfan said...

mm,

I would have just HAD to say something back to the lady when she said you "were more human". I think I would have come back with something like, "Funny, I was just thinking how much more human I am tonight because if not...I would have already pulled the bitch out of the bag and you wouldn't be happy!"

mm said...

Vols, you'll have to start accompanying me to all my parties. I need you as my writer! ;-)