The Sephora ad came in the mail today. I have a bad feeling that I am going to be over spending, in the very near future. :o I'll be honest, when I get these ads, I normally toss them in the trash right away because a) I don't want to spend the money and b) I'm not usually impressed with what they offer, anyhow. I mean, c'mon, aren't eye shadow and lipgloss colors all about the same anyhow? But today, the colorful and playful cover caught my eye, and inside I went. There is simply too much here to list it all, so I will just list the ones I feel I *must* have.
Do you buy Sephora stuff? Are you suckered into ads because of the great marketing? Are you a fan of sweet (edible smelling) perfumes?
Here is the start of my must have list...
Creme Brulee
Creme Brulee contains warm caramel, vanilla, and butter notes that bring back delicious childhood memories.

Price ~ $23
Mat;Yellow
The fragrance equivalent of a tangy tropical cocktail, this exuberant blend of fresh fruits has the
notes of: Grapefruit, Nectarine, Passion Fruit, Juniper Berry, Bamboo Sap, Tea Leaves, Watermelon, Lotus Flower, Reed Wood, Crystal Musk. Style:Unexpected. Fresh. Sparkling.

Price ~ $60
Lemon Drops
What it is: A trio of Fresh sugar and lemon-laden favorites in a gorgeous gift box.What else you need to know: Set includes a 2 oz SugarBath Body Lotion in Lemon (soothes parched skin and leaves behind a zesty lemon scent), 0.5 oz Lemon Sugar Eau de Parfum Spray (a refreshing citrus blend), and an 0.34 oz Sugar Shea Butter (a 100 % natural massage balm).
(sorry, no picture. It didn't really show anything)
Price ~ $35
The Ski House *damn it, blogger is done uploading pics now*
What it is: A three-piece, wintertime-inspired gift set.
What else you need to know: After a perfect day on the slopes, your body is tired but you feel amazing and are ready to indulge in a little après-ski fun - and Philosophy's Ski House beckons. Set includes a 4 oz Double Rich Hot Cocoa ultra rich, award-winning 3-in-1 shampoo, shower gel, and bubble bath, a 2 oz Marshmallow Body Souffle, and a .5 oz Kiss Me Pink peppermint lip balm.
Also, there is another set called "The Holiday House" and it sounds really delicious too, with the same stuff but in Eggnog shower gel, Cinnamon buns body souffle and Powdered sugar cookie lip shine! *yum*
Price ~ $35
Sephora Lip Butter Confections
Flavors: Bananas foster, triple layer cake and tiramisu
Price ~ $15
And finally, (because I have to stop somewhere), here is another one that caught my eye.
Pink Sugar, Pretty in Pink set
The scents of the circus, boxed: cotton candy, vanilla and caramel swirl together to create a sweet aroma that's both playful and fun.
Price ~ $35
I can have it all for just over $200!! *off to beg DH now*




15 comments:
I kept thinking that it's a good thing that the bees have been killed by frost.
I'm not a fan of sweet smelling perfumes or shower gels, etc. I don't mind smelling them on others, but they don't excite me for myself.
However, I actually have to avoid Sephora type stores. I'm a beauty product buying ho. I can do damage just at Walgreen's. In SF, I managed to avoid Sephora, The Body Shop, H20 AND Bare Essenctuals.
I'm so deprived. I've never been to a Sephora. But that's probably a good thing because I am a total make-up ho. (There is a difference in eyeshadow colors, dammit! Those 20 shades of brown I own are each unique in their own way! :P)
I'm not really into perfume (I only have 2 that I wear: my signature scent and then a lighter scent for more casual use) and I don't use shower gel or lotion. I keep meaning to use lotion because my skin is soooo dry in the winter, but I've never gotten in the habit.
I never got into spending a lot of money on make-up stuff. Mostly all I wear is eyeliner and eye shadow and good old Maybelline is fine with me.
I have only been there once. And I only went to buy an extractor. I love my extractor.
I'm with Swami on the makeup.
Yes, me too, about the make up, but did you notice all the heavenly scented body lotion/spray type stuff??
*swoon*
Did you say something? *grin*
*yawn*
I'm bored.
Did you say something?
I am not a girly girl. This all went *zoom* over my head.
*holds nose so she doesn't get a migraine from all the icky perfume spray stuff*
I've seen Carey. She might not want to act all girly, but she looks girly to me. *grin*
Nutz! My perfume does not smell bad, tyvm! It is sweet and soft and non-invasive!
*sprays something flowery on Carey and Nutz*
It's not that it might be icky, MM. It could be the most pleasant scent ever, but I get migraines anyway. Even from expensive perfume and hairspray too. *sigh*
I make Nutzgirl spray herself outside because within five minutes... BAM!!! Headache.
...and now? I'm getting a headache just thinking about it. Foo!
Maybe I'm allergic or something. :(
Nutzie, I get irritated by perfumes too which drives Tom nuts because he would love me to wear perfume all the time.
I discovered that essential oils, like the ones we get at our coop don't bother me much at all. They come in little 1" bottles and are very pure. So I can wear most of those with no problems and Tom is happy.
I have a very good sense of smell but Tom can barely smell things at all. Sometimes in restaurants or bars I practically faint from the cloud of perfume some people are engulfed in! I did get a terrible headache on an airplane once - wanted to throw the clueless woman out a hatch!
Wait until your daughter wants to start buying all this stuff, too. You know it won't be too long.
What is an extractor and how does it work?
I used to wear the Body Shop vanilla, which was nice and didn't give me a headache, but now I prefer to smell like my shampoo.
Do we have this Sephora up here? I've never heard of it. Of course, I don't really go into malls and when I do, I go to specific stores with a specific item in mind. I hate malls so much.
(LOL I almost typed "I hate 'males' so much", which is totally untrue.)
Post a Comment