I had a lovely dream last night, of my grandparents. Both are dead, so it was really nice to "see" them again. I'm one of those people who dream in vivid detail, often experiencing everything physically, as it happens in the dream (if I'm crying, I'll really cry, etc.).
Did you dream last night? Do you usually remember your dreams? Do you ever confuse reality with dreams? I've done that, and it's so embarrassing! Do you have recurring dreams? Do you try to interpret them? Have they ever affected the way you feel about something, or someone?
Wednesday, November 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




12 comments:
I have very vivid dreams too, usually full of people and almost always involving travel. I have no idea what travelling dreams mean. Most of my travelling dreams involve the same isthmus, which is probably Freudian - but then isn't everything?
For a few minutes after I wake up I may still be in my alternate reality. Occasionally things happen in dream world that I am sure happened IRL, but not often. I am drawing a blank on giving an example - sorry. I know right after I wake up I may say things to Tom that make him say "Huh?"
I don't remember if I dreamed last night. I don't think I have ever cried IRL while dreaming but then I don't think I cry much in my dreams.
Sometimes I can remember them. Oftentimes, I can't.
I have a very vivid dream this morning. I was up for a few hours during the night, and then I fell back to sleep around 5, so I remember.
I was locked in some sort of compound. It was eerily like the Super Dome after Katrina. I had been locked in there for a few weeks. But people were able to come in and out. For some reason I couldn't. There were other people who were trapped as well, and they were my friends.
Emmitt Smith was there. He was trying to help me escape. He would cover for me for an hour each day while I tried different escape plans.
I am just like you. I have very vivid and detailed dreams and will cry for real during the really bad ones. I even dream in color.
I can't remember dreaming last night but the previous night I had a horrible dream of the neighbor's slaughtering horses in their backyard.
The one big recurring dream is of me being driven over bridges. The bridges always end in dark choppy waters. Never on land. And, most of the time, the driver is driving us into those waters. I always wake up before we hit the water. And, the driver is most often my Dad. He's been dead for 24 years now. I can't remember if I had the dream before he passed away.
I'm terrified of bridges.
I rarely remember my dreams, but sometimes I have very vivid ones.
A lot of my dreams involve falling or jumping very long distances that seem reasonable and possible when I'm doing them, but as the dream goes on, I begin to wonder what the heck I'm doing and realize that a real jump or fall of that distance would be deadly. Then, I wake up.
Last night I had a creepy dream about my ex-BIL. Just remembering his face in my dream skeeves me out.
Oh, and this is gonna sound weird, but I swear I have more vivid dreams when Aunt Flo is visiting.
I almost always remember at least one of my dreams - although I can recall having others, I can't remember what happened in most of the them.
I hate when stress from a dream bleeds into my morning. I'll be in the shower, all tense and upset, and when I stop to think "Why am I feeling this way?" I realize it's because of my dream. (Duh!)
I've blogged about it before, but I have had numerous prophetic dreams. Those ones suck because it's never about anything good (and it's always something beyond my control).
I don't normally dream because I don't sleep deep enough to enter a dream state. If I take sleeping pills or I am drunk, I tend to dream but I don't usually remember them very well. I did have a dream last week that you were in, but I totally can't remember anything about it.
I hate dreams with my dad in them. I wake up and remember that he's dead and it makes me so sad.
Oooh. Spooky feeling. I think I had a dream last night with my Grandma and my Aunt (both dead). I didn't remember until just now.
usually I don't remember my dreams. I think I don't sleep right to dream most times. When I do (or when I do remember) they're pretty vivid. Usually pieced together kind of dreams. Bunch of nothingness... hmmm.
Mine are too vivid. I also suffer from Night Terrors when I am stressing out. The last night terror incident, Michelle didn't know whether to laugh or run for her life. I become physical during my night terrors. The terrors affect me for sometimes days after I have them. Regular nightmares usually bother me in the morning and then I'm okay.
Wasn't it you who asked this question once before?
Have you run out of blog topics and begun to repeat yourself? ... or are you just so old, you forgot? *grin*
I hardly ever dream, so the rest of your questions can't be answered.
Swami, DH does the whole talking during his dreams, too. Very weird. We've actualy argued while he was sleeping before. Now THAT is fun!
Boo, for some reason, I could totally relate to your dream. I love how they make no literal sense, but while dreaming them, they seem to.
{{hugs}} Nookie. I hate the bad ones. :(
Just don't die in your dream, MTW. I've heard that that is very bad!
*looks at Kim like she's a weirdo*
In all seriousness, I think I've heard someone else say that before. Also after eating certain foods, I've heard.
Emily, I miss your cute kiddie pic!
I remember reading that in your blog. That would have to be the oddest feeling. I've dreamt of places that I later went to (having not been there before) but nothing prophetic.
Jen, if you are gonna say you dreamt about me, at least be willing to make something up to ease the curiosity I feel, ok?
Sorry about the dad dreams. {{hugs}}
Glow, sometimes it would be better to not dream at all. Maybe you get better, more rested sleep as a result?
Damn! I don't like the scary/sad dream stories. :( I'm sorry, Carey, that's awful.
I sure do miss seeing Nutzy. She was such a doll back in the day.
Post a Comment