Tuesday, August 01, 2006

speaking of ickiness...

I just finished a bag of pretzel sticks. Blech. I think I just gained four pounds of water weight.

and furthermore...I was wondering how you all get when you have PMS? Is it ugly? Do you eat more, a day before your period? Do you gain water weight? Do you get headaches, or cramps? How bad is it, and how long does it last?

My mother had the worst PMS I have ever seen. She'd get downright ugly, and was not pleasant to be around, at all. *shudder*

I? Get a headache, sometimes a migraine, right before I start. I also eat like I am a bottomless pit, the night before. The cramps are not too bad, but were much better when I was on the pill. *sigh* I almost can't wait for menopause.

18 comments:

Zombs said...

Could you move away from the keyboard? Your bulk is blocking the letter K.

HistoryDetective said...

I'm heading to bed. I'll try not to dream about pigs when I am supposed to be dreaming about you.

mm said...

*snort* @ Zombs. Speaking of bulk...*shoves Zombs out of the way*

Thank you, HD. That is all I ask. *grin*

Zombs said...

It would take 2 of you to shove me out of the way!

I rarely get any PMS. Sometimes a headache but never cranky or anything like that. My mother was the same way. She also said she never had any hot flashes or anything with menopause. So I hope it is inherited!

Zombs said...

*lays down pretzel trail*

~Nutz said...

*gets in line to wait for menopause*

Ummm... HD? If you're dreaming about pigs, then you're dreaming about MM, no? I mean... she must be a pig if she can eat a whole bag of pretzel sticks by herself, right? *evil grin*

Swami said...

I never got PMS much at all. My symptoms were a litle water retension and I dropped things. Half the things I picked up I would fumble and/or drop the first time. It was very weird. Like, I always spilled coffee on my shirt the morning before my period.

Wait for menopause. Hot flashes suck ass, totally suck ass!

Emily RugBurn said...

I once ate so many pretzels (watching the super bowl with my dad when I was a kid), that I dreamt I was electrocuted by a bowl of pretzels. I interpreted that to mean that I should refrain from eating any more pretzels.

Although I'm not a victim of PMS, I do get terrible migraines each month (usually on the first day). Immitrex (and, now, the much cheaper generic version) is a miracle cure.

mtw said...

I get headaches sometimes. Could they be PMS?

In my house, I haven't had to live with PMS in a long, long time until DD started her period a few years ago. She is a raging bitch when it's PMS time. I feel sorry for her future husband.

I think I'm retaining water. My belt has been a little tight the last few days. I think eating candy has led to "water retention".

Jen said...

I get horrible PMS. I feel terribly depressed for a couple days beforehand, usually culminating in a huge teary breakdown. And then the first few days of my period I have awful cramps. Periods suck.

*hugs*

Bravie said...

Even my cats avoid me when I have PMS. I get all of the above and then some. Usually it lasts about a week. But it has been known to last for an entire year.

Puffy said...

My cat, Cleo, is in the throes of menopaws.

Anonymous said...

What is this PMS of which you speak?

Glad I don't have to worry about this anymore. I don't think it was ever really bad. Now it's just not here.

Seana said...

I don't really get too much PMS. Usually a day or two before I start, I get a headache. I used to gain about 5 pounds, but then it woud go away.

Oh, and my face breaks out. Luckily, I have never eaten a bag of pretzels. *yack*

Bravie said...

Did you feel the earthquake last night?

mtw said...

I heard the quake could be felt in Sacramento, but I never feel quakes. I didn't even feel the Loma Prieta quake when everyone else I know did.

Zombs said...

Anyone tired of pretzels? Anyone?

Immunegirl said...

I used to have really awful cramps until I went on the pill. Now I just retain water (which I never actually notice until I UNretain the water) and I am teary the day before.