My DH and I were the oldest ones in the theater for the second movie. For Material Girls I took DD and a friend of hers, and her friend's mom came also. It was fun, but the movie was just ok, with a plot that's been done to death. Anyhow, other than that, I didn't even leave the house much, and just did almost nothing. It finally hit me tonight that I have only one week until the kids are back in school, and I still have lots of school shopping to do. Ack! On to the Poll...
Because I have to start what I call my Nazi Diet today (or tomorrow, depending where DBF and I go for dinner tonight), food has been on my mind. I started wondering about you all, and had a few questions, just because I am curious.
- First, do you drink regular or diet soda?
- How much water do you drink, daily?
- Is your weakness sweets, carbohydrates, or something else?
- While watching your weight, do you consume alcohol? *waves to Catt and Carey* ;-)
- Have you actually ever wondered how many calories are in certain bodily fluids? (because I've read that question being asked before, and it really shocked me!)
*sigh* I have to go on a field trip with one of my kids at the end of the schoolyear, to Headlands (which is somewhere near Carey, I think?) and one thing they do is a pretty big hike, from what I hear. I need to be in much better shape before then, so as not to embarrass myself (or the kids, lol) Wish me luck!
*let the cravings begin...*




21 comments:
Happy Monday!
1. I do not drink soda at all.
2. I drink at least four bottles of water a day.
3. My weakness is definitely sweets.
4. Yes, I consume alcohol while watching my weight, in moderation. Lots of lite beers!
5. No, I have never wondered how many calories are in certain bodily fluids. Who in the world consumes enough of them that they need to worry about this?
1. Diet soda.
2. Hardly any.
3. No, not if I'm trying to lose weight.
4. I guess it depends on which certain bodily fluids you mean. LOL. I've never thought about the calories, but I've always heard it's an excellent source of protein.
"ASK ME ABOUT MY WIENER!!!!!"
That's from Accepted. *giggle* I love that commercial. *grin*
I drink either regular Coke or Diet 7-UP.
Not nearly enough water.
Carbs are my downfall.
I try not to drink when on a serious diet.
*smooch*
1. I drink diet soda. I am so used to it for years now. I can't drink any regular. Way to sweet. Same goes for iced tea and other drinks. No sugar.
2. I don't drink enough water. When I worked in an office I drank lots because of the water cooler. Now I have to use the faucet or buy bottled water.
3. I always consume alcohol except when I know I am pregnant. Just don't eat!
4. *head tilt* I don't drink pee.
1) I drink diet and regular pop. It depends if I'm just thirsty or hungry. I drink maybe 4 cans a week.
2) Water, I don't know. I drink more in the summer. I usually have a mug on my desk.
3) My weakness is cheese. I adore cheese. and wine. I also adore wine.
4) I do, in fact, consume alcohol. I think I got healthy once and strted drinking Ceasars, but then I decided I preferred them with no alcohol anyhow, so I guess that doesn't count. However, I don't diet, but will try to eat more veggies and less junk food on occasion, so I don't know if that counts.
5) I'm with Zombs here
You are having dinner with DBF??? *head tilt*
1. Regular. Diet is vile.
2. 3 bottles per day.
3. Sweets.
4. *shrug* I don't drink much and definitely don't diet, so...
5. Ummm... I don't ingest bodily fluids, so...
What is Accepted? I've never heard of it.
Good luck with the diet. I will try to be as supportive of you as you have of me. You can do it! *smooooooch*
1. I drink diet. Diet Pepsi and Diet Sprite are my favorites. I can drink pretty much anything diet though, because I'm so used to the taste.
2. I don't know exactly how much water I drink a day. Lots. I always have my trusty water bottle on my desk. Thank goodness we have a water cooler here.
3. My weakness is fast food. Greasy hamburgers and fries. *drool*
4. I do drink when I'm on a diet. I've been drinking a lot of light beer lately. Sometimes I get the vodka that has 1/2 the calories and mix it with diet pop.
5. Um. No. I have never wondered that.
Zombs- You should get a Brita filtered water pitcher thingy. That's what I have at home, because the thought of drinking tap water icks me out.
Nutz- I think DBF might mean Dear Best Friend. I often find myself wanting to use BF for best friend, but then I realize that it looks like I'm saying boyfriend. Heh.
1. I drink Diet Coke. For fountain soda, I'll sometimes mix a little regular Coke or Cherry Coke in.
2. I've been good about drinking 2 bottles & 2 large glasses of water lately, so probably around 60-70 oz. I'm not as good when bottled water isn't available.
3. My weakness is generally sweets. I have something sweet most days. My biggest weakness is grazing until I find something that fills my craving.
4. I don't really watch HOW much I consume (I'm really a moderate drinker), but do alter WHAT I consume. Normally I enjoy regular microbrews or rum & Cokes. When I'm watching my calories, I do light beer or rum & Diet Coke. At home I usually drink red wine, so I'm ok with that.
5. I haven't wondered. I certainly don't consume enough for it to matter.
1. diet in my alcoholic drinks
2. I drink lots of water, all day long.
3. Chips, anything salty.
4. I do, but I try to drink something lighter in calories.
5. I also will not drink pee. *makes icky face*
Ooh I forgot! My weakness is all of the above, except body fluids. I don't crave that.
Thanks for the clarification on the DBF, Jen. *smooch* (Nutz must be looking for trouble)
And in my defense, I don't drink bodily fluids either. *ick*!
I just read it being asked, (probably in Cosmo, LOL) and remember wondering, who in the world would even *think* of that?
1. I drink only diet pop. Regular pop is too sweet. Fruit juices are too sweet.
2. Zero. Water is for bathing
3. I alternate between craving salty/crunchy carbos (specifically - Cheetos), and craving sweet, dark chocolate (which is also a carbo, no?)
4. I never drink beer and rarely wine. I like mixed drinks made with Tequila and Vodka which I consider calorie-neutral. How can it have calories if it has no color!?!
5. I have read that answer several times in different places. But since I don't swallow it is irrelevant to me so I don't remember the number, just that I thought it was kind of high for the volume involved.
I have not heard of the movie 'Accepted'.
Just thiunk how lazy you can be once the kids go back to school!
Happy Monday!
1. I drink regular Coca Cola
2. I usually drink 1-2 bottles of water a day. They are about 12 oz each.
3. My weakness...hmm...just depends on my mood, really.
4. I don't worry about my weight. I've got a pretty awesome metabolism that allows me to eat whatever, whenever.
5. No.
I don't worry about my weight. I've got a pretty awesome metabolism that allows me to eat whatever, whenever.
Umm, ok. I guess I can get over this and *try* to be your friend. ;-)
I can't believe you didn't see "Snakes on a Plane". I heard there's plenty of gratuitous nudity!
I drink diet soda and plenty of it. I try to drink at least 20oz a day of diet Dr. Pepper.
Candy and ice cream are my biggest weaknesses. If I could eliminate candy, that's all I'd need to do to lose my weight.
*remembers about 20 See's Nut and Chew bars in the outside fridge*
I drink very little plain water, but I have been drinking water sweetened with Crystal Light - trying to do at least 1 liter per day.
I avoid alcohol on my diet, since it's not that important to me. I'd rather have ice cream. I won't drink lite anything.
*ignores last question*
The Headlands is a beautiful area. You will be just fine there. More than weight, I'd focus on just walking a few miles at a time. Walk two miles a day, three days a week, and you'll both lose the weight AND be in excellent shape for the hike!
I'm still stuck on #5. I know some guys that really love eating the stuff, licking it up, whatever, and they take care of their bodies, yet I have never heard them mention calorie content. Do you want me to start my own informal poll?
BTW, Love the new icon! :)
*looks fondly at M&M lip gloss*
Cool site (I found you through CSTL)...
1. Regular soda. I've tried to switch, but nothing has caught my fancy.
2. Water? What's that? I like Fruit-2-0 but not sure flavored water counts.
3. Weakness is salt - I love chips and dip.
4. Alcohol is never bad. When I get stupidly obsesses with my post-pregnancy pooch, I change which kinds I consume.
5. I thought it was 16 calories a tablespoon... hmm.
6.
Hey Butterfly Queen, welcome to my blog! Come by anytime. :)
And yes, flavored water counts, I think.
Thanks Jen! *thinks fondly of the night I gave it to you*
HD, why yes, please start your own informal poll. *grin*
MTW, candy is the easiest food for me to give up. I have half of a chocolate bar in my fridge that *may* date back to 2004. :o
Happy Wednesday!
1. I rarely drink soda. But there are times when I absolutely have to have a Pepsi. It is especially appealing when there is crushed ice involved.
2. I don't drink as much water as I should. I probably average about 32 oz., which is half of what I should. Perhaps I will go suck some down now.
3. Chocolate and sweetened iced tea are my weakness. Chocolate has become my number 1 weakness.
4. I'm really not a drinker.
5. I don't wonder.
Post a Comment