I rode the Tilt-a-Whirl yesterday at the State fair. *grin* Did it make me sick? Yes. But I didn't actually vomit, so that's ok. The fair was nice, but OML it was expensive! With my brother, we spent $60 on ride tickets and between the 6 of us, we went on a total of 4-6 rides, if you include the big slide and a fun house. And that wasn't even *all* of us, every time. Jeez. Besides that, we bought the kids a shaved ice and DB got a drink. I think we easily spent $100, after the kids each got a funnel cake/fried twinkie. Anyone had one of those fried things? They have fried Oreo's and Twinkies, and even a new Krispy Kreme sandwhich, that has chicken in between a donut. *gag*
Do you guys go to your state fair? Is it ridiculously expensive?
Edited to add ~ These are the entertainers this year! I doubt I'll see any of them, but who would YOU want to see? Anyone? I'd love to see REO Speedwagon, to be honest, and even Rick Springfield
Kenny Loggins
Fab Four (A Beatles tribute)
Loverboy
Boyz II Men
REO Speedwagon
Lifehouse
Collective Soul
Sinbad (comedian)
Village People
Rick Springfield
Ted Nugent
Sawyer Brown
Tesla
Ciara
Thursday, August 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




20 comments:
Ours is the County Fair and we usually go at least once. I have free tickets this year so I would guess that we will go. *grin*
Oh c'mon, come and see the Village People with me!
I love fairs! I rarely go anymore, though. It's just so darn expensive. I love the Tilt-A-Whirl, The Zipper, The Gravatron & Octopus/Spider. And food? I must have a corn dog & caramel apple. All these new fangled fried things make my tummy hurt just thinking about them. Chris loves cotton candy. Me? Not so much.
I've seen REO twice in the last 7 years & they actually are very good. Sawyer Brown is good, too, and I don't even care for their music that much. Out of the others on your list, I'd pay a small amount to watch:
Loverboy
Sinbad (comedian)
Rick Springfield
Tesla
Ummm...none of them.
State fair? I think the NY on is in Syracuse which is kind of far away from me. I don't even think there are county fairs around. It's like a carnival right?
I love rides but I would not go on a carnival ride...those things are death traps.
Krispy Kremes are those donuts right? That sounds absolutely gross!
Kim, I used to love Sawyer Brown. I thought he was so cute. That was over 15 years ago, so I have no idea what he (the main guy) looks like now.
I think Tesla is from Sacramento originally, so I think it'd be neat to see them, too.
Zombs, can you believe that sandwich? Gross! It said they put honey or something on it, too. I just can't imagine.
I hate the fair. The town fair is held right here at the high school and the roads to my neighborhood on that side are friggin closed, so for 4 days I have to remember to come in the other way.
The county fair is pretty lame and the state fair is way too expensive.
I would never, ever ride rides at any of those fairs. They are prone to more breakage because they aren't held to the stricter State standards that permanent rides are. Besides, we have miles of boardwalks with more awesome rides and lots of fair type foods, plus Six Flags is not too far and both of those places have more than any of the fairs would ever have.
Nutz <--- amusement snob
I used to always go with the kids, but now that they are grown I haven't been for a few years.
Our State Fair is very expensive and the exhibits pretty lame if you ask me. My all-time favorite show was a few years ago when some guy had a bunch of donkeys trained to climb way up this ramp and then jump off a high platform into a big pool of water! Where elese can you see stuff like that?
County fair has all the bunnies in cages, and chickens. I love to see fancy chickens! The pigs always gross me out. I love the horses.
I'm with Zombie on the rides. It seems we have problems every year. Not fatal ones (knock on wood) but skeery enough to keep me away.
And weird fried stuff is standard like everywhere else. I had a deep-fried Snickers bar once that was tasty and gross at the same time. I always tell Tom that if he can find Frog in a Blender I will have one. So far I've lucked out.
REO is playing at our county fair tonight.
And MM? I saw the Village People a couple of years ago at our fair. *snort*
I've seen Rick and have talked about how we met him and got an autographed guitar from him. *big grin*
Loverboy opened for Journey back in the 80's and that was my first concert.
I only want to see one act on the entertainment list, but I think that's because I'm contractually obligated to do so. It's in the handbook.
The sandwich sounds disgusting.
Don't get me wrong.
Donuts: Good.
Chicken: Good.
Donut chicken sandwich: Gah.ross. Seriously - that has to been one of the most disgusting food combos I have ever heard of.
Every year in Toronto we have the CNE (Canadian National Exhibition). I imagine it's much your State Fairs. DH and I had never been bothered by a ride... until we went on "The Zipper" at the CNE a few years ago. We haven't been on a ride since. (Although, I do still *heart* the "Tilt-A-Whirl". I dunno what it is about that motion, but it turns me into an unstoppable giggle-pants.)
I think I threw up a little in my mouth about the chix-nut. gross.
I guess I'm just too young to have ever heard of any of those entertainers.
*runs*
I forgot about the Ex, Emily. I was going to say that we didn't have state fairs around here.
Every Victoria Day, we take the kids to one of those carnivals that set up in parking lots and play the games. I took DD on The Scrambler once and she barfed all over. Yick.
Now, I have to choose an identity in order to comment...
Nutz <--funsuck! :P
Swami, speaking of pigs, I saw a pig giving birth! One little piglet almost didn't make it, but the vet did something to it, and brought him back, looking all cute and ready to nurse (umm, the pig, not the vet)(though, I have to admit, the vet that was delivering the piglets was really hot!). It was fascinating to me!
*ignores Carey The Braggart*
LOL, HD. Then why do I also want to see them? Perhaps it's my way of trying to meet gay men, who may remind me of the one who got away...(or was never mine...*wistful sigh*) *depressed*
Em, the Zipper used to be my favorite. When I was younger, I could go on it over and over again, without getting sick. Now, not so much.
*catches Rose*
*forces her to watch the Kenny Loggins show*
Seana, my kids LOVE the Scrambler! Only thing is, you have to be careful that the heavier person is on the outside (I think) or you get squished! Too bad she got sick. That would kind of put a damper on things.
*small voice* I love Kenny Loggins. So shuddup. He sings a song about Winnie the Pooh, what's not to like? Sheesh.
I don't go to the State Fair anymore - at least not for fun. I have to go there for a competition that my company hosts. And I get free lunch.
We may take Conner this year to see the animals, but we will not ride any rides.
I love REO and Rick. I saw REO last year in concert and Rick a fwe weeks ago.
Yay! Thank you for riding it for me. :) *smooch*
I haven't been to the fair in a really long time. And I've only ever been to little ones for neighboring cities. I don't know if there is an Ohio State Fair.
I want a funnel cake. Yum!
*rubs eyes* I'm sorry. I thought I saw you say that there was a chicken sandwich made with donuts. I'm sure I must be hallucinating though, because that is too vile to be real.
BTW- Thanks for the neekid pic of you riding the Scrambler. Who knew you were such an exhibitionist? ;-)
I go to county fairs. No State Fairs. Do we even have one?
Sawyer Brown
Sorry Debs! I forgot about the Winnie the Pooh song, so I totally retract my threat to Rose. *smirk*
I immediately thought about you, Boo, when I read that Rick was here. *smooch*
Jen, there's nothing I wouldn't do for you! Glad you liked the pics on the Scrambler. The first several were blurred shots of swingin' oobies, so we were lucky to get that particular shot. ;-)
Glow, state fairs are much bigger and more expensive than County fairs anyways, so no big loss there.
Sawyer...yummy. :)
I'll just see if I can get a copy of the movie, "State Fair" and see if Blue Boy the pig wins.
A state or county fair is just not a fair without the TABLESETTING COMPETITION!
Post a Comment