Monday, August 28, 2006

Peep Meet With Pics

Yay! On Saturday, I was able to finally meet our cherished Catt, and her friend, Dingus. They were in my town, on unofficial business, and happened to be eating at a nearby little restaurant that I've heard of, but had never been to before. We were planning on meeting around 3pm, but as I was driving along the freeway, I got caught in some nasty traffic. It could only mean one thing; a nasty car accident. I was preparing myself for seeing some carnage of some sort, and after at least 20-30 minutes of crawling through the two miles, I approached the moment of dread. I steeled myself, and took a good, hard look. After getting past the cop cars, and the CalTrans workers who were helping with the accident, I was able to see the gory mess. Millions of PEARS spilled across the freeway lanes. LOL! I was a half hour late because of some stinkin' pears! Anyways, I finally got to the destination, and after finding parking, I was so rushed that I left my car parked without paying the meter, so halfway to the restaurant, I had to run back and pay. *whew* I was so hot and sweaty by the time I showed up. Dingus had stepped out, and it was just Catt, sitting at the bar. She was all smiles, and we quickly hugged, and then got right down to it. We seemed to have lots to talk about (yes, that means YOU). Dingus came back in, and we got a table, where we spent another ? I have no idea how long I was there actually. I had paid for 1 hour and 45 minutes on the meter, and it had expired by the time I got back to the car (thankfully, no ticket!).

Catt and Dingus were very... *thinking* real. They had a natural air to them, that made me feel very comfortable. I felt like I'd known Catt forever, and it was very pleasant getting to know her better, in person. Dingus was just as funny in person, no, make that funnier, in person, than he is, online.

Catt, next time you come up this way, I'd love to do it again! Thank you guys, for waiting around for me, and making it memorable.









Dingus, me and Catt

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for you guys!!

So, what did you say about me?

Debcapsfan said...

Nice pics. :)

~Nutz said...

Oh no! You're becoming a peep meet ho! *grin*

I can't believe those pears would delay you like that! Have they no manners? :)

Lovely pics.

Jen said...

Yay! Sounds like fun. I'm glad you had a good time.

*suspicious look* You didn't kiss Catt, did you?

mm said...

Boo, we talked about you endlessly. Something about how fabulous you are...

Thanks, Deb.

Yes Nutz, I know! Two meets under my belt and I'm sure I'll be labeled a "ho" now. *grin*

Jen, when she went in for the kiss, I softly, yet firmly, said, "No. I cannot do that to my Valentine". She was bummed, but understood completely. *smooch*

Seana said...

MM is just so. cute. Look at her. Cuuuute.

Glad you guys had a good time.

Swami said...

Very nice pictures, MM. I'm happy the meet went well! Tragic about the pears though. Could none of them be saved?

mm said...

*blush* Thanks Seana!

LOL Swami! There were some survivors, but they were being loaded onto another truck, so I have no idea what condition they were in. *sigh* So sad.

Jen said...

Phew. I was worried for a minute there. You are mine. All mine, dammit!

;-)

Schnookie said...

Yay! I love seeing peep meet pictures.

You all look wonderful! So glad you got together.

Puffy said...

Pears were on sale at the market today. Now I know why.

Bravie said...

Cool pics. I could have sworn that I replied here already. *head tilt*

Breezy said...

Great pics!

mtw said...

Lucky! I am SO gellus! I travel that freeway EVERY DAY and never run into overturned pear trucks!

Hey, how come you look so small in comparison to Jim and Catt? Are you SURE you were there and didn't just photoshop yourself into the picture?

mm said...

LOL, yes I was there! I was just kneeling down on my knees, because I couldn't bend in closer without my ass hitting the chair behind me!

Those poor pears were really bruised up (well, the ones who survived, I mean).

arkie said...

How cool for y'all!

So. Did he wear the skirt? *grin*

mm said...

LOL. The skirt was mentioned, and I got a dirty look, I think. Or he ordered another beer right then, I don't remember which.