Thursday, April 20, 2006

6 Things

Here are the rules-
1. Reveal six weird facts/things/habits about yourself and then tag six people

SIX THINGS

FTR, I've read most of everyone else's, and I must say, I'm much more normal than I thought I was, before. We have some *very* weird peeps out there! ;-)

1. I hate bananas, but love banana chips. I hate tomatoes, but love tomato soup.

2. If I see a loose strand of hair on somebody, I will find a way to get it off of them, without them knowing.

3. I am agoraphobic.

4. My best girlfriend and I end every conversation by saying, "elephant shoes". I won't say why, though. ;-)

5. The sound of feet rubbing on bare carpet is worse than nails on a chalkboard, IMO.

6. Every time I hear the song "How Do I Live?" by Leann Rimes, I start to cry.

I tag: Everyone who hasn't been tagged. Since everyone will likely be tagged at least once anyways, why wait?

Special thanks to MTW, who helped me learn to do the links.

18 comments:

HistoryDetective said...

And here I thought you couldn't get enough banana...

Zombs said...

*rubs feet on carpet*

BlindSlim~CSTL said...

Count me in the weird food category too. Love ketchup and spaghetti and marina and all that but hate tomatoes. Love french fries but only if they're thin but hate potatoes, hash browns, tater tots any thicker than 1/4 inch. Love all kinds of juices and jellies made from cherries and strawberries but can't stand any berries as just fruit. I could go on and on. Oh and I hate whip cream...forget about those sexual fantasies

Jen said...

I'm intrigued by your agoraphobia. Is it a severe case? Do you freak out and hyperventilate, or is it just more that you'd rather not go in public places if possible?

I also want to know the story behind "elephant shoes". :)

*smooch*

~Nutz said...

FOUL!!!

I don't think any of that stuff is weird enough! I say you have to do it over again! *grin*

~Nutz said...

FOUL!!!

I don't think any of that stuff is weird enough! I say you have to do it over again! *grin*

~Nutz said...

FOUL!!!

I don't think any of that stuff is weird enough! I say you have to do it over again! *grin*

Tee hee! *evil grin*

Bravie said...

Our best friend used to suffer from agoraphobia terribly. She didn't leave her house for a very long time. she is in fact my ex girlfriend and she was just starting to venture out when we met. Our Friday night dates consisted of trying to drive over a bridge because that really triggered it for her. She has gotten better but still can not travel far from home. We have gotten her as far as Cache Creek. She wants to work her way up to a trip to Tahoe. But she always says to us "don't get mad if I have to leave" whenever we go anywhere. Even if she just go to dinner or a club, she has to drive so that she can leave if she feels a panic attack coming on.

Swami said...

Banana chips are weird things. They're not chips, they're not bananas, they're not salty, they're not sweet. I don't understand banana chips so I can't eat them.

You seem pretty normal. What are you hiding?

mtw said...

MM, don't listen to them. I think you sound pretty weird! Number 5 was really weird. So is #2.

I know what you mean about #6. Some songs make me extra emotional, though I'm man, so of course I don't actually cry. "If I Fell" by The Beatles is one that gets me. You're probably too young to even KNOW that song!

It was fun helping you test your links, BTW!

mtw said...

Oh, and at first I thought you said angoraphobic, which would be a fear of fuzzy sweaters! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Love bananas! Not the chips.

Every time I hear anything Lee Rhimes, I want to puke. Except "Blue." She sang that prior to her major DAWdom, which has killed her in my book.

Aislinn Sirk said...

Elephants shoes??????


That was you!?

mm said...

HD, it's *your* banana I want...;-)

*ignores Zombs*

*smooches* Slim, my fellow food weirdo!

Jen, my agoraphobia isn't as bad as it could be. In the lasy year, I've started going out on my own, to certain places. I can go to Kohl's for example, but when my dad asked me to go the donut store for him one morning, I nearly had a meltdown. A couple weeks ago I was in Wal-Mart, and about halfway through the store (I was only getting some candles) I thought to myself, "wow, I'm in Wal-Mart, by myself!" *pats self on back*
At that moment, it hit me that I was in Wal-Mart by myself, and I started to hypreventilate and sweat. I got tunnel vision, went to the candle aisle and and tried to regain my composure. My arms were like jelly. It's a weird thing.

Sorry Nutz, I'm just not as weird as you number freaks! :)

Carey, hers sounds really bad, worse than mine. In fact, mine is only bad when I'm alone. I can't imagine it being even when I'm with other people!

Swami, I *am* hiding something, but it wouldn't go in the 'weird' category, really. :P

MTW, I DO know that song! I like that one, too. :)
LOL @ the angoraphobia!

Hey Boo, I'm not a Leann Rimes fan either, but I do like that song. Not sure if I could name another song of hers though, besides Blue.

*whispers 'Elephant Shoes' to Bob*
*waits for secret coded message in return*

Jen said...

There is a song that I love by Incubus called "Agoraphobia". I will think of you every time I hear it now. :)

*smooch*

lights said...

I'm sitting here rubbing my bare feet on the carpet trying to figure out what is so creepy about it. *giggle*

My Uncle is agoraphobic too. He's suffered with it for years. In the past year he's beginning to do better with different meds. He was at the point that he couldn't even go to the doctor's office so the doctor came to him. It made a big difference for him. He couldn't even go to his Mom or Dad's funerals because of it. So many people don't understand it but I do because I've heard of so many people who have had the problem. I hope you beat it mm!

~Nutz said...

*sits next to Lightsy and rubs her feet on the carpet too*

Ya got me!

mtw said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.