Monday, April 17, 2006

*yawn*

Well, I'm ready for the weekend, already. My weekend was sucked up quickly by too many things. I've been spoiled with lackadaisical weekends, I guess. This weekend, I was supposed to clean my house from top to bottom, in preparation for an appraisal being done (on Monday morning). So naturally, I decided to take the kids skating on Saturday morning. We invited some friends, and went to lunch after that. I didn't get home until 3:30 at the earliest. I didn't really accomplish anything after that, except laundry, which only added to my list since I had to then fold it and put it away.

I knew I had to make up for lost time on Sunday. So of course, DS gets sick Sunday morning. He vomited in the morning, had a fever and was completely out of it for the rest of the day. My DD went to my mom's for the day, so at least she was out of the house. I was going to spend 30 minutes in each room of the house, and just spruce them up and do whatever needed to be done. (I thought that was a good plan) Instead, I spent hours scrubbing the guest bathroom. DH always makes fun of me and says when I have a lot to do, or feel overwhelmed, I always focus on the wrong thing. He's completely right. The bathroom did not need that much time (though I haven't seen the faucet shine like that in a long time).

Anyhow, in the end, I had to rush through the other rooms and not spend as much time as I had wanted to in them. One thing I did do, was help DD clean her room tonight. I made a big production of showing her the carpet, and explaining that she should *always* be able to see it. Being the smartass she is, she played right along, exclaiming that it was "so pretty and soft". *rolls eyes*

That was pretty much my weekend right there. What did you do this weekend?

11 comments:

Aislinn Sirk said...

Friday night: gym and beer
Saturday: Lab, made nice roast ham dinner
Sunday: Blankity-blank taxes

Sonya said...

I had planned on cleaning top to bottom on Sat and ended up sleeping late and just did the quick through too. I hate I didn't get it accomplished. Oh well maybe next weekend. I'm already ready for next weekend. This Monday is dragging. Ugghhh!

Jen said...

Friday: Had a cookout at my mom's house for her birthday.
Saturday: Spent the day being anti-social and just read a book the whole day.
Sunday: Went to Cheesecake Factory and then back to my mom's to hang out.

I really should've spent Saturday cleaning, but I was in a blucky mood.

*smooch*

kim (weltek) said...

One of Chris's favorite words is lackadasical, so I'll be sure to tell him you used it. :-)

Don't you hate uber-busy weekends?

When I have a lot to do I tend to insist on getting it all done and doing a half-assed job on some of it.

Zombs said...

wE are all so tired from yesterday that I think we need to be lazy today and just rest.

Your yawning is making me very tired.

Swami said...

Hey, your comment page came up in a new format with a long, thin, skinny box to type the message in. It's only one or two words wide. Am I the only one getting this?

Anyway - my weekend.
Friday: finished reading Gone by Jonathan Kellerman.
Saturday: packed Easter baskets, spent time bailing out my plugged kitchen sink while cussing.
Sunday: went to DD's BF's mother's house for Easter dinner. Came home and went to bed early.

mtw said...

Let's see, I went to Costco on Friday, did yardwork on Saturday and built a new gate, then Sunday, I actually had time to read the paper and drink coffee in the morning before making Easter dinner.

We had about 20 people over and had spaghetti, meatballs, salad, and french bread. I made two sauces, and the meatballs. It was pretty yummy.

DW did most of the cleanup afterward, which was nice.

Puffy said...

I see the regular comment page, not a long, skinny one.

We did similar cleaning this weekend. I don't mean mopping, sweeping, dusting, or polishing. I mean tossing things out and organizing things. I can't believe that we actually accomplished something. Our trash barrels are full!

Bravie said...

I went shopping this weekend. *hops and skips*

Seana said...

Friday: yicky rain, did nothing much

Saturday: DD to swimming lessons, went to liberry, took kids to park

Sunday: Egg hunt, trip to another park to get sillies out.

Monday: platelet donation, likely another trip to yet another park. They drive me and each other nuts when they're cooped up together all day.

Swami said...

Old comment format is back for me now. Weird. MM's was the only one that was all skinny & funny looking.