Because we were, weren't we? I think it's totally hilarious that tonight's bartering took place over my email and DH's cell phone (texting) while he was at home with me. So much easier than face to face talking. Sometimes these things end up sounding more like a business arrangement. *grin*
In other news, I went to dinner with a girlfriend I hadn't seen in awhile. I love her, I really do, but don't we all have a friend who is so damn insensitive that you want to strangle them? Over the years, she has said and done many rude or thoughtless things. Not just about me, but about other people. Classic example, she goes into the mall and wants the make-up lady to do her face. The lady is asking what kind of "look" she wants and my sweet friend Anna says., "I want something subtle and classy. No offense, but just not anything like yours". She came out looking like a clown. Good for the make-up lady!
So tonight, I tell her I might consider a breast reduction. Now, I'm only half serious, because I do like my chest, but it would still be nice if it were slightly smaller. I mentioned something about being a D and she gets this weird look on her face, so I say,"what, you don't think I'm a D?" She says, "no, you're bigger than that. You look uncomfortable. More like a G". WTF?!!? Are you freaking kidding me? I had to practically lift up my shirt to prove to her that not only was I wearing a D but it was fitted correctly (because she then tried to say that 95% of all women are wearing an incorrect size). I left the restaurant feeling like I looked like a freak. I could go on and on about her, but I do love her. She just makes me crazy sometimes. I guess that's why it had been so long since I'd seen her.
One last thing...I need help! I am getting a kitten! Yay! It is supposed to be a friend for our other cat who is emotionally starved for more attention than we can give him. The new kitty is all black and a female. I want a good name. Our other two cats came as pairs originally, but were split up. So we have one from each set. They were named Smokey and the Bandit, and we still have Smokey, but not Bandit. The other set was Barnum and Bailey, but we now only have Bailey. Is there anything we can name this kitten that would go with the other names? Particularly with Bailey, since he is the reason we are doing this. We haven't gotten her yet, as she is still being bottle fed by the owner. Any ideas?
Thursday, November 17, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




22 comments:
Ummm, well we know what he got (we can guess, at least). What did YOU get???
LOL. Tonight? I guess I got the same thing as him. No magazines this time. :(
I just wanted to *smooch* you.
lol...I say you name the Kitten "Frog" after Sally Fields character in Smokey and the Bandit.
And my friend that is the pain is Kim. Ms 100,0000 questions while dodging any question you ask of her. Ms forward everyones email to you to ask what you think of it? Ms why does so and so call you and not me? Ms gossip about everyone and everything but dont ask anything about me?
I think we all have a friend like that. I don't think she means to be so critical, it just comes out that way.
When we had a black cat, her name was Whiskers. (I'm so uncreatuve!) *wink*
name the kitten "Knockers"
How about Irish Cream?
Have to go take DD to school...be back later.
*smooch*
Yes, we all do have a friend like that. Sorry.
Name the kitten something that goes with that Bailey's drink. I don't drink it so not sure what it is called.
*smooches*
LMAO @ Seana - I was thinking of telling you to name her Creamy. Smokey, Bailey and Creamy. *snort*
Okay, seriously. Smokey, Bailey and Haley?
Lady?
Emailing and text messaging eachother within the house? *giggle*
Nice friend *grin*
Name the kitty Chocolat. It's the french version of chocolate. I think it's pronounced "shawcolau" (Coco can correct me if I'm wrong). Anyhoo, chocolate is one of the ingredients in Bailey's Irish Cream.
Man...I need to seduce my husband, or at least stay awake one night this week.
And your friend, I had a friend like that once. We had a very similar conversation, she did not believe me about my bra size. I get fitted at least once a year because we change so much.
If you want them all to go together, you should name the new kitten something also ending in -ey. I'll try to think of some cute names. My brain hurts right now.
Kaluha?
I have friends (or I used to before I moved and have no friends and have to steal all Mr Bob's work friends) that I really like, but in small doses.
One friend and I would get together once a month. We would have a really nice dinner with fancy wine and talk/argue for hours. We would annoy each other but stimulate each other as well.
When I left I always felt a sense relief, but would start looking forward to meeting up again a few weeks later.
Slim, cute idea about frog, but I don't think I want to say "frog" all day. :D
Hmm...having to explain a cat named "Knockers"...
You all have some neat ideas. I knew this was the place to ask. I'm going to read them to DH later, though I doubt he'll care, since I didn't really ask him if we could have the cat in the first place. Just sorta told him about it.
LOL Bob, I know exactly what you mean!
Oh! Oh! Name it Frisky!! It's perfect, it has the y ending and it's exactly the sort of thing I'd expect you to name a kitten. :D
Smokey, Bailey, and Frisky. Yup, I like it. *grin*
LOL! That could work. Not sure about the kids calling it Frisky, but that IS a cat food brand, right?
You are so cute, Jen. *smooch*
Frisky doesn't have to have a sexual connotation. Just tell your kids it means "fun loving" *grin*
*smooch*
Frisky was my dog's name when I was a kid. He was a black lab. He was the same age as me. When we moved from NY to NJ, my parents told me they sent him to live on a farm. Liars! *sob*
Anyway, Frisky has never meant smutty to me.
I have always wanted to name a girl kitten Leonardine. This name is my gift to you.
*snaps MM's bra*
Oh, and Bob better not be talking about me.
If I post here, everyone will come visit my new blog because I know everyone visits MM for the smut.
PSA
http://shroomygoboomy.blogspot.com/
Bob has a new blog.
And Coco, it's not you, but you do know her. You share an ex-BF in common.
PM, thank you for the name ideas. I've loved many of the suggestions here and am bummed I need to clear them with DH. Kikker is cute, and I love Berlioz, too. I also liked Lady, which is what Momma suggested. *sigh* I need to figure it out soon, we get the cat this week. Oh, and the kids want to have a say in the name too, which means I'm pretty much screwed. :)
Post a Comment