Thursday, November 10, 2005

Two things (or more)

First, why is everything so slow around here? Where is everyone? Even the other place is slow. Actually, it's been a PITA to load lately, too.

Second thing, today I learned that if I don't heat tomato soup long enough, I really don't like it. I almost gagged. I ended up reheating it, but I'm disturbed by how much I disliked it.

Also, my DS called home from school today (because his teacher made him) to tell me he had a "homework note" for me. *sigh*

And why is it when I do my make-up or dress nicely the first thing the kids say is, "are you going somewhere?" Same with when I clean up around the house..."is someone coming over?"

Pfft! Whatever. I do my make-up almost daily and try to clean the house every day.

15 comments:

arkie said...

I'm first!

arkie said...

OT was a big-time PITA to load last night.

I don't eat tomato soup. Blech!

LMAO at your kids asking if someone is coming over whenever you clean.

*smooch*

Immunegirl said...

I know what you mean. I wore heels to lab yesterday (and a kind of dressy outfit) and everyone made a big deal about how dressed up I was. Sorry, but black pants, no makeup and no jewelry does not count as dressed up.

*smoooches* Oh!! I like your question post a couple posts down. It was nice to figure out things about a couple of peeps. (And yes, I answered. :) )

~Nutz said...

Yeah, those pages are loading soooo sloooow over there!

When I clean, my hubby asks if I'm feeling OK. LOL!

If I'm dressing up, there is always a reason! I *heart* my sweats.

mm said...

I keep expecting them to fix it but it's been over a week now. I wish it go back to normal, but I'm glad it's not just me (or my computer).

I saw your answers Iggy, thanks!

PM, I'll try to get a picture next time the house is clean so I can show you. (don't hold your breath) ;-)

I *heart* my jeans.

momma said...

It has been slow.

And I actually straightened my frizzy hair today and it seems like everyone at work asked if I had a job interview. Sheesh. Like I never do this. Okay, so I don't fix my hair properly often.

And the house? Dear Cod. If I do manage to keep it clean for a day, it's a miracle.

Bravie said...

It's so slow that I have almost given up going over there anymore. Or if it is taking too long, I don't even wait anymore I just click on something else.

The one time I dressed up at work, my boss walked by my desk and then went into his office. Then he called me into his office and as soon as I entered his exact words were "Holy shit, you look way different as a girl, I would even say you look hot"
*snort*
Not sexual harassment. We have a very open working relationship and he sort of thinks of me as one of the guys.
I live in my jeans outside of the house and my sweats inside of the house.

Jen said...

Yes, RTVW has been painfully slow.

I haven't been playing much because I'm grumpy.

I've never tried tomato soup and I have no intention to try it anytime in the future.

I never leave the house without makeup. But I never really get dressed up. I heart pajama pants.

mm said...

I have to say, I feel much better knowing that I'm not the only one with a messy house!

I love your boss, Carey! Mine once made a sexual comment when he saw me putting on knee pads! (I was getting ready to do wallpaper or something)

Jen, cheer up! Why so grumpy?

Glowie said...

It's slow. It's boring. Like Carey, if it takes too long to load, I click on something else or sometimes I even do work instead.

Tomato soup is grotesque.

Anonymous said...

I haven't been around much, but it was slow earlier this week.

I don't like tomato soup. I like tomato-based soups, but not plain ol' tomato soup.

And I love grilled cheese.

Schnookie said...

Oh that's a relief! I thought it was my dern system at home that was making that other place so slow. It's soooooooo frustrating. I usually end up just shutting down the computer.

I used to love tomatoe soup but can't bring myself to eat it these days. DH loves it. I don't know why I can't eat it anymore.

Whenever I dress up a little extra for work, peeps ask if I have a job interview LOL.

Clean house? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

*smoooooooch*

Sonya said...

I don't do tomato soup either.

Aislinn Sirk said...

Iggy, what were you dressing up for?

Anything other than grubby jeans and t-shirt is dressed up. I count it as dressed up if I wash my hair and put on lipstick on the same day.

Immunegirl said...

I had to give a presentation and then I had to do an alumni interview for someone who wants to go to Duke.

The lab peeps make a big deal whenever I wear non-sneakers, even if it is just because I felt like not wearing sneakers or because I am a midget and my pants are too long without heels.