Now, for what you all undoubtedly came here for...
Today's question is; What music, or songs, put you in the mood? Do you find playing music during sex enhances the mood? Do you find that the act itself changes depending on the music played?
My answers...
I know this will sound like a cliche, but I love the song Let's Get it On by Marvin Gaye. A couple more of my favorites are:
Feel Like Makin' Love by Bad Company
Feelin' Love by Paula Cole
Glory Box by Portishead (from the Stealing Beauty soundtrack)
One thing I noticed was that music can change the pace and mood entirely. When we are stuck with only a radio, we end up listening to classic rock usually, but classical is nice for a change, too. So, what get's *you* in the mood?




24 comments:
Michelle is in charge of the music. I don't think I really pay attention. Oh, maybe I do. Because last week I noticed that she had a Fleetwood Mac CD playing and prior to that was Melissa Etheridge. We play the music more for the purpose of the noise factor. Our bedroom wall is attached to our neighbor's bedroom wall and we have heard the happenings on that side more than once. So...
First, I thought you said my pussy looked like it had more attitude than yours. Evidentally not. LOL! *giggles*
Second, no music no mood. I do think Eric Clapton's - You Look Wonderful Tonight" puts me in a romantic type of mood for love making instead of just sex. For the most part music doesn't do it for me.
Wow! You peeps get music with it? *envy*
I remember once visiting DH's sister and she had put on a Sade CD and went to bed. We were sleeping in a sleeping bag in the living room so we could hear the music. I must say, it was really nice doing it with that background music.
The song "Smooth" is a sexy song and puts me in the mood.
Sorry about your attack kitty. My little Biba attacks my feet in bed. If he's on the bed, I have to remain perfectly still. I still have a huge scratch on one of my feet LOL.
I honestly thought Soda Pop was trying to kill me the first few months. We got him last October. But you know what? He is the biggest cutest cuddliest kitty ever. Has been for several months. Makes those first few months more than worth it.
Well, being that Jared is the lead singer for 30 Seconds to Mars, it's easy to guess what music puts me in the mood. But that is a I'm-closing-my-eyes-so-Hold-on-tight-because-I'm-going-to-jump-your-bones-and-pretend-you're-Jared mood. Other than that, there are several singers that get to me. Barry White (cliche). Marvin Gaye (cliche). Sade. Certain Alicia Keys songs (Butterflies being one of them). ummm. I can't think of the other ones right now. (I'm preoccupied with a daydream right now).
I don't listen to music during "physical activities".
...and I don't think it's music that puts me in the mood either. *shrug*
Well I like all kinds of music and it depends on if we're making love or just getting physical. You ever hear people say that you can tell if someone can *&^% by the way they dance, well depending on the music that's playing, other actions follow suit. Head Banging music will ummmm..you get the picture.
"Bringing In the Sheaves"
Music is an important part of our lovemaking ritual. When DW starts playing the music in the bedroom, I know I’m going to get lucky. It’s always the same song, so, quite frankly, it arouses me *anytime* I hear it! Here are the lyrics:
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday MTW,
Happy birthday to you!
We don’t have a very active sex life. *sigh*
Possible Overshare Warning for Coco
Coco can cover her eyes so her delicate sensibilities are not offended.
One night, Mr Bob and I got home quite late and quite drunk. Mr Bob had ordered some CD's and one had shown up in the mail. We decided to listen to it while enjoying each other company.
Days later, we were listening to the CD and I noticed it was quite a long CD. I also remembered every single song. I remarked that we remembered every single song. Now, whenever the CD is on I look at Mr Bob in disbelief and say "the entire CD?" and he looks all annoyed and kinda blushes.
I understand Carey, we have someone on the other side of our bedroom wall as well (DD).
Sonya, love that song!
Nookie, why don't *you* put the music on next time. I'm the one who does it here, not DH.
LOL @ Glow! Does he know you're pretending it's Jared?
Nutz, try it. Can't hurt anything.
Hmmm...love head banging music!
Zombs??
MTW-OMG! I was SO not expecting that! LMAO! Sorry, I'm laughing at you, not your situation. :)
Bob, I'm impressed. Very impressed.
I was just joking. Actually usually South Park is on in the background.
MTW: That is funny. It also makes me think you may have rather inappropriate thoughts during birthday parties.
MM: I'm not certain if it's impressive or sign of a drinking problem. In any case it was fun. It just didn't seem that long at the time.
Poor MTW!
*giggles* at Zombie! *hopes she's joking*
Ahhh, I understand it better, now, Bob. Still, good times!
You know? Come to think of it, the TV is always on when we go to bed at night, so I guess maybe the Friends theme song would do it! *grin*
LOL @ Bob & her comment for MTW about birthday parties!
The opening news credits.
At all the news hours?
Eh, as long as the toddler is sleeping, music just doesn't play into it.
*laughs at Bob and Mr. Bob*
I just *knew* Karen would have some good music ideas! Thanks!
My cat was like that, too, when we first got her. It's definitely like having a baby around the house. Every time my scratches healed, I'd get new ones all over again.
Background Music: Norah Jones is nice.
Hey!
I responded in here earlier, and I don't see my post.
Am I blind or is it gone?
When DH and I were first dating, I had a couple mixed tapes that I'd put on. They were mostly to cover the sound.
Nowadays, no music, no TV. If I don't like a song, it just irritates me anyway. Also, When we were younger, I was a bit embarrassed by noise during sex. Now, I am not.
My mother's cat used to lie in wait under the bed in the master bedroom waiting for someone to walk by, so he could attack their feet.
The cat currently making it difficult to type once climbed my leg while I was wearing shorts. Ow. She used to like to jump up and cling to my jeans. Also ow.
I have scratches too, Puffy! Those tiny little teeth and claws can really hurt!
Sorry boo...?
*points and laughs at Seana* You had tapes? Bwahahaha! J/K, I did too (when I was 4). *grin*
Post a Comment