I'm a screamer. And a gasper.
And no, this isn't smut related, thank you very much. Apparently I am a very jumpy person. I've always known to some degree what a scaredy cat I am , but lately it's gotten so much worse. I walk every night (for exercise) with DH, and on our walk yesterday, as we were going past a house, a man came walking down his driveway. Even though I saw him, and knew it was a person, I let out a huge scream. The poor man didn't speak English and did not understand as I tried to apologize for scaring him to death with my scream. As soon as we were past him, DH burst out laughing at me. I guess I embarrassed him, as well as myself. Then tonight, as were walking, a leaf fell from the tree above us and I gasped and jumped out of my skin. I felt ridiculous. I saw that it was a leaf, it was about 15 feet ahead of us. It happens at the grocery store too. Turning the corner from one aisle to the next, if a person is standing there, I scream, or gasp, or jump, or at the very least, I end up with my hand over my mouth to suppress a scream. This has got to be abnormal. Or is it? I've even seen someone drive up to my house, and knowing they were walking up the path to the door, I still screamed when I opened the door. In that case it was because they were closer than I had anticipated. Just standing on the porch, waiting. Geez, just thinking about it scares me. Phone rings? Jump out of my skin. My favorite memory of being ridiculously scared was when I was in the back bedroom doing laundry (or something) and I was completely lost in thought (okay, truth be told I was lost in a fantasy) when DH called my name from the living room. I screamed. A loud scream. I think that one was slightly guilt induced. Scared him to death. He thought I saw a spider or something. Spiders don't make me scream, (unless they are running or moving). What really seems to get me the most is when I am anticipating something, waiting for it to happen, and then it does. Like when I'm expecting a phone call and I end up getting nervous, knowing it's about to ring any minute, so that when it finally does, I'm already on the edge of my seat. This is why I cannot do scary movies. The music gets you all nervous. I hate that.
This is what I want to know;
What scares you? How do you express it? Do you like to be scared? Do you think I'm a freak?
Sunday, November 06, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




20 comments:
I did it , I did it. I just wanted to be the first to reply..hehe. I like scary movies but the ones based on religion scare me the most. I hate spiders and insects so any of those popping up might give me a start and you my dear are a freak. A great freak we all love but a freak nonetheless
*smooch*
I don't think I scream unless it's something totally unexpected. Like when you open a door and someone just happens to be there.
Yeah, it must just be that you're a freak! *giggle*
Boo!
I am going to BOO at you. Are you ready? Are you anticipating it? Are you totally expecting it now? Ready?
BOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did that scare you? Did you scream?
Yes, you're a freak, but that has nothing to do with your fright factor. *smirk*
Bugs scare the shit out of me. Once when we were in New Mexico, I was in a leg cast and a bug came jumping at me; I ran over everybody in my way and forgot about my cast and screamed like a sissy little girl.
I love scary movies.
Very few things make me scream, or jumpy...however, opening a door and someone being there that was unexpected does give me a start.
Not afraid of spiders, snakes or insects. Other than the carpenter ants that take residence in my home during the summer, I won't even kill most of them. I try to catch them somehow and place them outside.
So you're saying I am a freak, then? I can live with that. Carey, you are evil!
I'm with syren: I put bugs oustside or, if they're in the basement, just leave them alone.
I get startled when I don't see people. I usually know where everyone in the house is, so if I'm doing something noisy, like dishes or laundry and I don't hear someone coming, it will startle me. DH likes to do that for fun, the bastige.
I concur with the group. You are a freak. It only partially has to do with this low startle tolerance.
*waves leaf*
Yes Seana, you have a 'bug box', right? *sigh* And you think I'm the freak??
*glares at Bob* That? Is mean. And just so you know, I'm keeping track of those who are trying to torture me. (that includes Carey, Arkie, Seana and Bob)
And furthermore, I went for my walk tonight and didn't get scared at all, so Pfft!
LMAO @ Bob
That? was wicked funny!
Actually (I know because because I do this as well), an extremely hightened sense of fear (an overreaction to surprise stimulus) can be due to PTSD.
I don't think you're nuts, you most likely have a really good reason to be jumpy.
I scream in bed.
not because I'm scared though.
just sayin'.
*snort*
Rose funny.
You so crack me up. Thanks for sharing.
Me too, Rose. *wink*
Even when I try to keep this sex free you all try to make it smutty anyways. That's what you really want, huh? *sigh* (I'm a screamer too, btw)
Bob, so I need to figure out why I'm jumpy? Could it be something from my childhood?
Who's bob? Is that our regular bob? Or another, completely different bob?
If I didn't *heart* you, I wouldn't take the time to tease you, MM. :P
That wasn't *you*, Bob? I thought maybe you hadn't signed in and were just being lazy. No?
Seana, you're a ho.
(and you know I only call those that I *heart*, ho's, right?) (and yes, I know the apostrophe shouldn't be there but it looks dumb without it)
I'm a gasper. Thankfully, because as I've mentioned elsewhere, I'm afraid of my own shadow, so I'd be screaming all the time LOL.
Here's how bad I am. I am afraid of spiders. Big time! About 1/2 hour ago, I look down at my mousepad and there's a fake spider there. I know it's plastic. What do I do? I go get my DH to come get it off my desk LOL. He thinks I'm a freak. So, I walk around the office asking the most likely culprits if they put the spider on my desk. Nobody will fess up to it. So, back to my own office I go, and I place the spider on the printer table. I go get a coffee, come back to my office and *GASP* there's a spider on my printer table. Yep, I was startled by the same plastic spider that I placed there 10 minutes ago. *SNORT* I believe I am a freak :-)
Now, which one of you put the spider on my desk? Hmmmmmmmm????
LOL! I know exactly what you mean nookie! I was at a relatives house this summer and on the porch there was s HUGE spider (they live in the mountains) and I told my uncle to please kill it so I could go outside. Well, knowing my family, I figured they'd try to get me with it, even after it was dead (which wouldn't have mattered much, I'd still have died if it touched me) anyhow, I stayed locked in the upstairs guest bedroom for nearly an hour until it was confirmed that the spider was not only disposed of, but that nobody would be able to "play" with it afterwards (I had DH hide the body in some bushes, after they had already scared some other family members with it). So, no, I wasn't the one who put the spider on your
desk. *shiver* I don't touch fake ones either.
Freak.
Post a Comment