Sunday, November 13, 2005

Anniversary wishes... (and some smut)

First~ Happy 4th? Anniversary Rose and DH!!!

Now, for the smut (that's what ya'll wanted, right?).

My question today is; is it ever okay to barter for sex? Or, more specifically, use sex as a bartering tool? I think if it's done in a playful manner, it's okay. I have used sex to get all kinds of stuff. Mostly massages, but I went as low as using it to get DH to buy me a Soap Opera Digest, once, too. I often wonder if I'm normal, and asking real life friends, face to face, is a little embarrassing, so here I am. Please tell me this is normal. Also does anyone keep track of how often you have sex, on a calendar? DH and I were arguing over the frequency a long time ago and the only solution was to keep track. Little "x"s all over the calendar, resulted. But it's important to know, you know, in case of an argument where you NEED to know, know what I mean? (please say yes)

Okay, that was my weekly installment of TMI. Hope it was good enough for you pervs. *wink*

36 comments:

~Nutz said...

*blushes*

You know, this place is getting a little to risque for me. I don't know if I can keep coming here.

Bartering in a playful manner is fine I think. Keeping track on a calendar for the frequency, that's pretty weird.

No, you are not normal! ...but we *heart* you anyway.

Zombs said...

And she gets insulted taht I have "Horndog" next to her name on my blog!

momma said...

*snort*

Sex has been used as a bartering tool, but not often and very rarely. Typically, it seems to be more of a payment after the fact when something is desired. Again, not very often.

As for keeping track, no not really. Now, DH can tell you when the last time we had sex was. But I think a calendar method would just prove depressing in our house.

jenbeauty said...

I used to keep track way back when I didn't want to get preggers! lol

Hmmm I am sure we barter every now and again, we also use it as a betting tool!

Jen said...

*snort* You had to use sex to get him to buy you a Soap Opera Digest? Bwhahaha! Poor MM. *giggle*

Sonya said...

I thought women were supose to use sex as a bartering tool. I thought we were supose to use what we have. LOL! Instead of of x's on the calendar I have smiley faces.

*giggles*

Glowie said...

It is always okay to barter for sex.

mm said...

Okay, I'm being teased for marking the calendar. *hangs head* In my defense, I actually never have to do it, DH does. He does it to make sure I can't say, "hey wait, we just did it the other day"...now he can be sure. It all started to end an argument, and now has become habit. *sigh* Nevermind.

Seana said...

Hmmm...we sort of keep score, as in, "I owe you one". Sometimes we get interrupted, and the person who hasn't had his/hers yet has to wait. We always remember that. Otherwise, we don't keep tabs.

I've sometimes thought about using the argument "You get what you want, now I get what I want", but that's kind of insulting to him - like I don't want it or something. Because I do. :D

mm said...

Very good points, Karen. So far, it has not caused any problems, since we mostly laugh about it. I do wish it wasn't such a big deal to him though. I'm just waiting for the kids to ask what the "x"s are...

Same here Seana, though we don't get interrupted anymore. But if for some reason only one gets it, there is definitely payback later.

~Nutz said...

Ummm... if you just have sex every day, then you can tell the kiddos you are marking off the calendar when each day is over, silly!

(I'm sure hubby won't mind that.) *big grin*

mm said...

Hey! I thought you couldn't come in here anymore! Now you wanna give me sex advice? *rolls eyes* Yeah, thanks, but I think I'm gonna pass on your suggestion. ;-)




ho

~Nutz said...

Hussy!

*sticks out tongue*

*runs away giggling*

mm said...

Pfft! That's not an insult! I thought Jersey girls could do better than that!

Sonya said...

I don't think she was insulting you, I think she was offering with her tongue out.

*giggles*

Bravie said...

I think as long as the bartering is fun for both of you, then why not. That's the thing, keep it fun. *smooch*

lights said...

*snicker* I had to laugh when I read this seeing as I tried the bartering thing on Saturday night while learning how to play Texas Hold'em. Without going into details, I will say that it paid off very nicely. *grin*

Jen said...

Lightsy, what do you mean "without going into details"? This is the TMI blog, didn't you know? *grin*

mm said...

Thank you Jen, I was just about to give her a scolding for that.

Hi Carey! *smooch*

And welcome, Lights!

BlindSlim~CSTL said...

Soap Opera Digest, I wouldn't imagine you'd have to give up sex for that, you should be able to get that for the price of a boobie squeeze or crotch grab...lol

Anonymous said...

*poke* I saw what you said about me and Seana. You've been vewy, vewy naw-tee! :-)

Bravie said...

I couldn't figure out why Lightsy was bringing up bartending. I thought "poor Lightsy, she read this wrong"
Then I realized that I am the blond, or is it blonde and, well, just duh. Nevermind.
george the sheep is fake. *sigh*

mtw said...

I wish DW would use sex as a bartering tool. I would have no problem doing her bidding! *resisting urge to offer MM a subscription*. ;-)

mm said...

*jumps up and down, all excited*

Yay! A MRC sighting in my blog! I don't even feel bad for what I said since it brought you over here. (do I need to thank her?) ;-)

Slim, I know. I should have done better but I was new at bartering back then.

LOL @ Carey. That's why we love you, honey. *pats Carey on the head*

Hmm. A subscription? Oh geez, now I'm all excited...thinking of the possibilities...

Aislinn Sirk said...

Calendar = weird
Bartering = weird
MM = Weird

Did you miss me?

mm said...

I HAVE missed you! Now, I wonder why. :P

Seana said...

You need not thank me. I assumed that MRC would see your request and come here, or not without my meddling.

I've been busy today. Still catching up...

Jennifer said...

Sex is supposed to be fun. The best sex is the lighthearted kind, as far as I'm concerned. The calender thing would kind of throw me a bit. I don't need that though, since DH keeps a mental calender. "You know it's been x days since we've had sex right?" Thank you, newsticker.

mm said...

Hi Luna! My DH is like yours, he doesn't really need the calendar, but it's there as "proof" just in case.

Rose said...

Bartering w/out them knowing you are bartering. That's fair game.

"So, honey- if we get this done and you put one of the kids to sleep, we'll have time to make the beast w/ two backs!" Usually gets me some help w/ the dishes and splits up the putting kids down duty. And I get sex.

Thank you MM, for the well wishes. I really appreciate it. Sorry I didn't get here earlier, I've been on a crazy "must organize" streak.

*samooch*

mtw said...

"Beast with two backs".

Yes, at this time I would like to nominate rose as the most romantic! :-)

(1761??? !)

mm said...

Yep, that was romantic, Rose. *snort*

MTW, oops. I forgot I did that. I'll fix it now. *smooch*

Rose said...

1761?

Rose<------confused

I thought it was 1961!

Rose said...

okay, i get it now.

and yes, my idea of a great date is raw oysters and a good game of dominos.

*Shrug*

Coco said...

Well, considering that I don't remember when I last had sex, given that I'm about as attractive as a cranky hippo right now (What went wrong? Last pregnancy I was a sex machine, even at this size) calendar marking is unnecessary.

*pout*

mm said...

Poor Coco! *giggle*

*smooch*