I think I may never eat again after today. I hate the holidays, lol. Tomorrow I'm getting back on track and am going to lose at least 5 pounds by my birthday. I'm hoping I didn't gain five pounds in the last few days! Anyhow, I had a pretty good week. I got an unexpected Christmas card from Daryl, the attorney I've blogged about who is a pilot and does karaoke. He included a $100 bill in the card. :o I was pretty shocked and very grateful. My boss gave me a $200 Macy's gift card. Not bad, eh? Can't wait to spend it but I can't decide whether to get one big thing (like the Uggs I've been wanting) or stretch it out into a few smaller items. Guess I'll just have to go figure it out in the store. *hop*
My family went to the 49er game today and my daughter won a signed helmet (autographed by Nate Clements)! Pretty cool! I was bummed for DS as he is a Redskins fan (oh, sorry for you too, Boo!) but it was a really fun game to watch.
My kids spent a few days last week in Quincy with my relatives there. The highlights were my son flipping the quad (got scraped up) ; building an 8 foot high snowman (pics to follow later) ; and my daughter getting a black eye after getting kicked in the face by a horse! Thank goodness they are home now.
So, what did you guys get for the holidays? Did we all gain weight or just me?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
Oooh, shopping! I love spending gift money/cards! I think Uggs are silly, so I won't tell you to buy those. However, it is a crime that a shoe maven like you doesn't have a pair. :-)
Sounds like an eventful holiday week for your family! Very cool about the helmet.
I got a cappucino maker & a new matching coffee pot. Both were on my wish list. I also got a $50 JC Penny gift card. Not sure what I want to spend it on.
I started working out over the holidays. I'd basically quit completely while in school this fall.
I refuse to acknowledge yesterday. *grin*
I did not gain, thank goodness. I ate so much stuff. And I have been nibbling at some Taco Dip, which is still left over. I should run out of chips today.
I will have to blog about Christmas - nothing major, but it will be a nice update.
Enjoy your money. $300 may or may not go far in Macy's. I hope you get a good sale.
You have nice, generous bosses! I'm with Kim on the Uggs, but since you'd be buying them with free money - why not?
Jeez - your kids took a beating. I'd be tempted to lock them in their rooms the next time they are invited to the Quincy relatives.
I got a laptop, so now I don't have to feel resentful to Tom as he hogs our main computer all weekend. I can just take my wireless laptop to my lazyboy, kick my feet back and enjoy! I got a few other random things, but that's my "big" item this year.
Macy's had a good sale this past weekend. I braved the horrors of day-after Christmas shopping to buy a new set of stainless silverware.
I'm all for re-starting the Bloggest Loser blog. I posted a poem to get it going for 2009. My start date for a healthier, fitter me is Jan. 2.
Lots of sales after Christmas. Spoil yourself.
I'm a cow now. Michelle and I start our healthy living again by the end of the week.
Lucky duck DD. What a cool thing to win.
Nope, didn't gain! Yahoo! (but then my favorite cookies are in the kitchen- fresh!
Best wishes for all those healthy living peeps!
Post a Comment