Jeez, time sure does fly by when you're busy, lol. Let's see, what have I been up to...
Huh. Can't think of much. On Thursday I went to a potluck lunch at the courthouse with my boss and Kelly. He was so cute showing me all around the place. Like a kid at Open House. I got to meet a bunch of the clerks and judges that we deal with, so that was neat. This Friday they're having an office lunch at some restaurant but I don't know where yet. Ack, I hope it's not Chinese or a buffet.
I've been walking almost every night with my friend Kristi. She's 24 and as much as I like her, she sure adds some drama in my life. I'm so glad I'm past that age, lol. Her boyfriend and his friends provide entertainment though because I had *no idea* how kids are these days. I'm so glad mine are still relatively young. I feel old when I'm over at her house, but at the same time, it's refreshing to be able to kick back and relax somewhere where I don't feel any judgment. I'm thought of as "the good one" over there. *grin* It's also close enough to my house that I can have a drink or two if I want because I usually walk over as opposed to driving.
It makes me curious though; do you usually hang with people your own age, older, or younger? Is there ever a point where you really feel the age difference? I think for me, I kinda like being with these kids because I never had friends like them when I was that age.
In holiday news, I guess I won't be going to Palm Springs to see my grandmother like I did last year. It just won't work out right now for her so I'm hoping to have my kids go to my aunt and uncle's house in Quincy so I can have a break. ;-)
Who here is staying home and who is traveling for the holiday?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




13 comments:
Oh my! I work now with a bunch of high schoolers and maybe young 20 year olds. The drama is right! I love it though. It makes me glad that I am not that age anymore.
Usually my friends are all the same age. I have maybe a range of 5 years either way...younger or older.
It sounds like you really enjoy your job and I am glad it is working out for you. We stay home during the holidays and only go to relative houses for events, no overnights or anything.
Funny you should mention the age thing. I was at a small party on Friday and one girl was so obviously younger than us, based on what she was saying. There was a lot of "so wasted" and "hooking up" lingo being thrown around.
Most of my friends are a few years older, so I guess it's even more obvious when someone is younger.
We are doing some very local travel over the holidays. Christmas Eve at my sis about 30 miles away, Christmas Day at BIL/MIL about 80 miles away, and NY Day with BIL/FIL 80 miles away. Better than having to clean my house. :-)
No travel plans for me. Got those out of my system at Thanksgiving.
Oh wait! I *am* driving all the way to my dad's house. That's 10-15 minutes away! :)
*smooch*
Our friends range in age from late 20's to late 50's. I only notice the age difference in ONE of the late 20's friend. Of course, she thinks she already has the world figured out and thinks she is smarter and wiser than everybody so that is why her age comes into play with me. I always tell her that she is young and has a lot to learn. It annoys her because she thinks she is older than she is.
Otherwise age isn't an issue with me when it comes to my friends.
I was just thinking about this. As you know, I have moved, so I have left the university (where most of my friends were 5-10 years younger) and have moved to grownupville (with my peers).
It's very different. The age thing isn't huge, but the stage of life thing is quite significant. When most people are married w/kids you get a different dynamic than you do when most are single or dating. I know I'm different too depending on who I am with.
All Bre's friends love me, one wants to marry me when he gets to be 50. I want to kick that kid :)
Most times I'm comfortable with 20's, but when Bre and Mike were in and we'd go down to the local bar for a beer, I felt extremely old.
And it seemed like forever ago that I was that age. *sigh
We go about 30 miles to the MIL's on Christmas Eve and usually at my house on Christmas Day. This year though Christmas Day will be at my mother's.
I never travel for the holidays. I'm going to snuggle up at home and probably go to a few movies.
Younger people make me feel old. They treat me with "respect."
Hey! I like Chinese! What's wrong with Chinese? But I'm with you on the buffet part.
For most of my life my friends have been older. Not sure why; I don't really track age. Except like Bob kind of noted, when kids are involved you tend to get friendly with people whose kids are more or less the age of your kids.
I think people between 25 and 55 are all kind of the same "adult" age.
Oh yeah - I'm staying home so I don't make MIL sick. I just had a nasty bug and if I go to 88 year-old MIL's and then she gets anything and dies it will all be my fault even if it is totally unrelated to the bug I just had. Because in DH's extended family everything is somebody's fault. Without exception. So I can't go there, really.
Let's see, there's Bravie, and she's pretty old. *grin*
Most of my friends are my age or within 8 years.
We stay home. I thought we were going to our niece's new house, but that didn't quite work out. I will be at home for the next 9 days with Conner. That could get interesting by about Day 5.
Most of my friends are the same age or a little older. In school I was always a year younger than everyone else in my grade, so I've always had older friends.
We're going to my sister's house for Christmas so the kids don't have to leave all their new toys. :)
Merry Christmas, Tab! Love you. *besa*
We are home for the holidays. We don't have family far away, so we're always home.
Merry Christmas, mm!
*hugs* and *smooches*
Merry Christmas!
*smooch*
Post a Comment