Good lord, I just can't really think of anything interesting to blog about. I guess I'll just recap my last few days and go from there...
Friday, DD stayed home because her eye was hurting. I took her to the Dr. even though I was pretty sure she had just scratched it somehow, but it turned out she has an ulcer on her eye. Poor little thing. So unusual in the first place to even have happen, and then she went and got it on her "good eye" (other eye has hideous vision). She has been putting in drops every single hour since then and finally today is feeling better and the doc said she looks a lot better. It should heal completely, eventually. *whew*
On Saturday I had planned on taking the kids kayaking but DD could not go so I just took DS. He was a PITA and complained that his arms were tired the whole time, lol.
On Sunday I took my friend Kristi and we had a blast. The water was high enough that we were able to explore the swampy areas. It was really warm and the sun was out so we floated across the lake while tanning our legs for the last 45 minutes or so. Pure heaven. :) And Carey, anytime you wanna go with me, let me know. I'm thinking spring would be a good time because I have a feeling we're out of nice weather weekends.
I have not been sleeping well for the last week and it is affecting my work quality. I caught myself in the middle of making several pretty big mistakes today. Hope there were none that I missed. It also makes me very cranky and anti-social. :(
I don't know why but this is the longest I've gone without posting on OT and I'm almost concerned at the fact that I don't miss it. Not sure what happened there... weird.
Oh! I need to download a new ring-tone and I need suggestions. I want a good song that most people recognize *and* like. A classic that's still cool, lol. Any suggestions?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




10 comments:
I always find your posts interesting. This reminds me that I need to respond to your email. Sorry.
I'm glad DD is okay. I've never heard of that. How does one even get an eye ulcer?
You are becoming a bit of a machine with this kayaking thing. I am jealous of your nice weather. *pout* Conner would likely complain as well. He complains if we have to walk into more than three stores.
Why aren't you sleeping? Are you waking up and then trying too hard to get back to sleep? That happens to me. It happened last night. I woke up at 3 and didn't go back to sleep until 6. Then I overslept. It sucks because on mornings when I could sleep in, I can't.
How about "So What?" There is also another song I am stuck on right now: O.A.R.'s "Shattered."
I like the ring tone that shouts out "YOUR PHONE IS RINGING"
Thanks Boo. :)
Not sure about the eye ulcer, exactly. It has something to do with bacteria and bad luck.
The weather *has* been nice. We are really lucky. I'm sure it won't last.
Not sure about the sleeping thing. I have been falling asleep but only for an hour or two and then waking up. I finally got a little sleep last night so I'm optimistic that I've turned a corner. I totally know what you mean about not being able to sleep in, too. That's the worst, lol.
I'll look up Shattered, thanks. *smooch*
LOL Puff! I've never heard that! I did download Jason Mraz's I'm Yours but something went wrong and it's not on my phone. :(
All the kayaking sounds like so much fun.
Poor DD. :(
Ot just doesn't have the same feel that it once did. I don't post as much and although missed it when I couldn't post at all, I don't miss it as much as I thought I would.
You could give a nod to Swami and do "Call Me" by Blondie. :-)
I envy you for being able to go kayaking. That must be great exercise *and* you get to socialise and have fun.
Smooches to DD. I hope her eye gets better soon. It won't cause permanent damage will it?
Last weekend was a beautiful weekend for kayaking! It *does* seem like our luck should be running out with this weather, though.
If you're looking for something to do with the kids this weekend, consider taking them to see a play at Sheldon High School! :) DD is in the Complete Works of William Shakespeare. I think your kids would enjoy it. Slightly adult content, but no cursing. You can get more info by calling the school at 681-7500 if you want. I went last Saturday and will go again this Saturday.
I have actually heard of eye ulcers. I think my first husband had one once?
How do you tan your legs in a kayak? Kayaks around here are all enclosed.
Call Me would make a nice ringtone! I still have Chinese Dance on mine, which I have faithfully carried over from my first cell.
I hope that everyone is feeling better at your house!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Psst, read my blog...I might be moving near you in the next year!
Post a Comment