skip to main
|
skip to sidebar
Kelly came out
Kelly called me on Friday to let me know she officially came out at work. She's been so active with the Prop 8 stuff that in a small way, I think she felt she was coming out slowly, but wanted to just make it official. She sounded wonderful and was so relieved by everyone's reaction. She basically just told them that when she started there (two years ago) she kept it to herself because she didn't want to make a big deal out of it but at this point, she felt she was being dishonest by not just getting it out. Either way, I'm relieved for her and I'm glad I'm no longer the only one who knows there. She got the reaction she needed and I think she feels a lot better now. :)So, on Saturday, I took my SIL kayaking. She had never been before and was so cute and fun to go with. Here are some pics I took. The first one is her getting into the kayak. It's easier getting in than out, in my opinion.
I was so excited that we were able to make it to this structure. Last time I was blocked from it by the rowing races.
This is inside the structure. We ate lunch in here because there was no current and it was relaxing.
5 comments:
Cool MM. I think kayaking is very mind relaxing, though we go on a river. Lunch while kayaking is better than lunch at a nice restaraunt.
Lol - I'm glad the water didn't rise too. You would have had a heck of a time getting out of there!
Tom and I used to canoe through a big metal culvert to get from Cedar Lake to Brownie Lake in Minneapolis.
What did the structure used to be?
Congrats to Kelly.
I'm glad you are enjoying the kayaking. I'm sure you're getting an awesome workout.
Wow! I'm glad you're enjoying the kayaking. I enjoyed it as a kid, but haven't done it as an adult, I don't think. Did you ever get the kids out there? I know it rained all last weekend.
Also, I have to say I'm amazed at the changes you've made in the last three years. When I saw how you got in and out, I thought how far you've come from your acute agorophobia days!
*double smooches*
Yay for Kelly.
And kayaking looks fun. When are you taking me?
Post a Comment