~I have had a crazy busy weekend. It started on Thursday night when I went to my mom's to get my kids at the same time that my ex-sister in law was there to get hers. Somehow Sex and the City came up and she decided she should take me to see it right then. I protested in all sorts of ways (it was almost too late as the movie was about to start; I was still in my work clothes; I had no money on me; hadn't eaten dinner; etc.). She would not take no for an answer so off we went. She is the one that was married to my brother for over ten years; his first wife. I have to admit, I expected to hate the movie so I was pleasantly surprised by the fact that I found it entertaining.
~On Friday night I went to see my RLBFF. We had dinner and then hit the mall. In Hot Topic (a teenagers dream store) I found these shoes: (taken at a friend's house with camera phone)

At first the lady said they were $39.99. They also didn't carry half sizes, so I was thinking they wouldn't work as they'd be either too big or too small. When I had her bring out the other size she mentioned that they were on sale for $15.99! I decided to get them too big (just slightly) and I'd make them work. I added those pads at the heel of the shoe and they fit fine. They are *very* comfortable. I've been wanting some closed toe black heels for a while now, so I was thrilled. Yay me! We discussed our upcoming girl's weekend and we decided we want to do the same river rafting that Puffy and Mr. Puffy did. We also talked about getting (semi) matching tattoos. :)
~ On Saturday night I went to my friend Ashley's house. Her husband cooked and they had another couple over. It was a good time. I had a margarita which was the first alcohol I've had in a long time. She gave me a pair of purple heels that I need to show you. I'll get a pic in the sunlight so you can see the color. I love them! Double yay me!!
So today was all about family, as most Sundays are. I almost fell asleep in church a couple times. I'm beyond tired. I didn't want to leave my blog un-updated though.
Hope you all had a good weekend! *smooches*




8 comments:
I should have gone to see S&TC yesterday while the boys went to see The Hulk. But then Conner would have wanted to go with me.
You and your shoes. *grin*
You are adorable. That is all.
I have a shoe question!!!!!!!
Have you tried "Onesoles" shoes? Google them if you haven't. I think I need some.
*perks ears*
You're thinking of getting a tattoo? Would that be your virgin tattoo?
You have too many shoes. If we were the same size I'd say send half of them to be - because your shoes are all gorgeous - but then I remember my clown feet.
I thought of you while I was watching Get Smart with my kid yesterday. One of the backroom geeks was telling Catrell (Agent 86?) that the super-strong spider silk used in one of his high-tech toys was very precious because the only way to get spider silk is to milk the spiders one-by-one. And spiders don't like to be milked.
*swoons* Lookin good, MM. :)
http://www.vimeo.com/824123
http://www.aorafting.com/
We did the South Fork river rafting. The company is very professional and our guide was great.
Yes, RTVW has been down yesterday and today.
Yeah, definitely not a movie for Conner, lol.
*blush* *smooches Glow*
Kim, Onesoles sounds vaguely familiar...I'll look into them.
Swami, I *am* a tattoo virgin, yes. I'm not sure how serious we are about doing it. I'm pretty timid. LOL about the spider and milking it!
*struts for Carey*
*grin*
Thanks for the links, Puff! I was going to email you about them. *smooch*
If I wore shoes that high, I'd break my neck. But, at 5'9", I don't really need shoes that high.. (and no, I'm not saying anyone is short!)
Post a Comment