Monday, February 04, 2008

About 15 seconds...

That's how long it takes me to log into my blog. And yet, I find that if I'm not already logged in (which is every time I get online) I tend to not comment on other blogs. But how dumb is that? I would often go and read, and then notice I wasn't logged in, and figure I'd comment later, but later often never came. So I apologize. I will do better to log in every day.

So, I went to class tonight. Ashley was sick and didn't go, so I was kinda nervous, but I did fine. Really, how could one *not* do fine? We went over all the technical parts of a computer. Please don't assume I know anything though, as I really didn't learn much. I even took notes, but they were mostly related to where my mind was wandering (example: I wrote, "guy across from me is a perv" and "ugly shoes next to me" and also stuff like, "I need coffee and antibacterial hand soap"). *sigh* Thank goodness everything she went over tonight is in my book so I can study it later.

About the perv; he would grin and giggle every time the teacher said the word "balls". Granted, she DID say we need to keep the mouse balls clean, and that WAS kinda funny, but he caught my attention last week when he giggled about a website called whitehouse.com (?) which I gather is pornographic or something. There is also a man with the worst comb-over I've ever seen. Ashley and I are fighting over him. *grin* Seriously dude, do you really think that looks better? Shave your head already!

Anyhow, I noticed on my Tivo that the Miss America pageant was recorded so I asked DH why and he said DS recorded it! *thud* Nice, eh? Darn kid. It's so funny to see him going through this awkward stage and being all girl crazy, and yet still having such an immature mind at times. Last night he came to me on the love-seat and opened his hand to reveal three little lego guys. He asked me which one looked the toughest (in all seriousness). I picked one (not really seeing a difference) and he said, "oh, well that's because you didn't see them with their gear, hold on, I'll be right back...". LOL! So he comes back and they have weapons and armor and stuff, so I picked a different one, and he seemed to approve of my new answer. It's just so funny to see two completely different sides emerging at the same time.

I recorded PaHo tonight but haven't watched it yet. Umm, can't think of anything else right now, so...

*smooches*

18 comments:

mtw said...

I am LOLing here at the description of your DS going to get the Lego mens' gear!

And mouse balls! The teacher should update her syllabus. Standard mice these days are optical and therefore don't have balls. But if you have an old mouse, you should definitely clean the balls.

Also, if you're an eighth grade teacher, you should know the difference between whitehouse.com (porn site) and whitehouse.gov (President's site). You should NOT direct kids to the wrong site for research as happened to my older DD when she was in the 8th grade.

Anonymous said...

Wait, is MTW in your class? *giggle*

I always log in, but that's because I always go to gmail first, where I have to log in. I have a certain way of going to places as not to leave obvious trails at the office, since sometimes someone else may come in to use my computer. And I always go to OT through my blog because of the trouble I had way back just trying to go to survivorblows.com.

I think that's funny that you write little notes about non-class related things. That's something I would so do.

Conner is going through some little cute girl phase right now too.

His most favorite girl has not been very nice to him lately. We don't really know why. She actually just hasn't been very nice to anyone lately. She is one of those children who just looks unhappy - even though she comes from a very lovely family. I had always read about children like that - grumpy no matter what. This is the first time I've ever really interacted with one.

Anonymous said...

Mouse Balls.

That might be my phrase of the day.

mtw said...

Hey! I may be graying, but I have a nice full head of hair, thank you. No combovers for me!

And? I wouldn't need to take an Intro to Computers class. (unless it was to meet some lovely young ladies. *winks at MM*)

MM said...

MTW, we do not use mice with balls, but she was reading something and referred to the older ones, lol! She also made the same mistake with the whitehouse.com thing while some high school students were visiting. She thought she'd get some crap from the parents but apparently the boys never ratted her out, LOL!

LOL @ Boo! I should have titled this Mouse Balls, shouldn't I have?Also, I knew a girl like the one you're describing, she was born with a grumpy face. She's a lovely young lady now (I used to babysit her).

Swami said...

You can log in right on the comment page, you know. I find logging in on a comment page is quicker than going thru the Blogger site.

Lol on your notes! I would never think of doing that.

Confession: I have blown mouse balls, back when my mouse had balls. Did the teacher recommend blowing your mouse? Perv might have liked that.

They should make a legos kit that lets you construct a babe, just as a service to kids in that awkward phase!

MM said...

LOL Swami! You cracked me up with those comments!!

MM said...

Woohoo! I just logged in on the comment page...how cool. Thanks Swami!

mtw said...

*checks blog*
*looks for more comments from MM*
*waits*

MM said...

Wait, my blog or yours? :P

Jen said...

I log in from the comments page, too. And I still don't comment much, bad Jen.

"balls" *giggle*

mtw said...

If you'd go to my blog, you'd know the answer to your question. ;-)

MM said...

Yes, *bad Jen*! ;-) *besa*

Anonymous said...

I LOL'd at Swami too. But then again, I usually do.

Debcapsfan said...

If you ever need help, Jason is really good at explaining computer terms in real people terms. I have a test in my IT class on Thursday. Eep.

Schnookie said...

LOL. You are too cute! I'm always too nervous that I'll miss something in a class so I'm boring and just pay attention to the teacher. I can see how watching all the other students would make things quite interesting.

I'm not surprised your DS taped the Miss America show. It was a new version ... they were trying to update the image of the Miss America to draw a younger audience. The bathing suit competition was quite hot.

Puffy said...

I used to get cat fur all over my mouse balls. Now I have an optical mouse who doesn't have any balls. *grin*

I can log on, when I'm on someone's else's blog, when I want to comment. Sometimes blogger remembers me, sometimes it doesn't. (I just saw Swami's comment about logging in and I agree) I never log on through the main blogger page.

I always click on "email follow up comments to me." That way, I can see people's comments in my email without having to go to all the blogs. I like it a lot.

LOL at the legos. Is he using cologne yet? Taking long showers yet?

MM said...

LOL Puffy! I hope not!