Monday, January 09, 2006

Birthday weekend

I'm back! And I missed so much, including my very own birthday thread! But that was so fun to come home to. :) Thank you Nutz and everyone else!

Well, my weekend started at the local Sheraton, and we did old people stuff when we got there. Unpacked, tidied the room, checked out the hotel amenities, had sex on the window seat (among other things) and then turned in early. Old people stuff, I tell ya! We were lucky I guess. Menopause kicked in on Saturday and my period went away. *grin*

Saturday night I had the worst insomnia I'd had in ages. I was hurting all over. Backaches, neck aches, (the normal geriatric problems) and for some reason I didn't once think to myself, hey, it's after midnight, I'm officially old! Then DH woke up at around 3am and said happy birthday, which reminded me and caused me even more insomnia.

On Sunday (the big day) we went shopping first and bought a couple little things, then it was time for the big event. The big thing I promised myself I would do on my birthday. It was time to get my ears pierced. So, after the shopping, DH asked if I was ready and at first I thought I was, but I realized that I needed some help. I actually took a Valium (left over from the flying prescription) and a shot of Goldschlager. I'm embarrassed to admit that, but I don't think I would have gone through with it without the help. When we got to the mall, I went to Macy's, thinking maybe they could do it there, but instead I saw my future ex-SIL (whom I hadn't seen in months, since the split). We did the whole kissy kissy thing on the cheeks (that her family does) and she offered to take me to the place to do my ears. It ended up being just a little cheap jewelry/hair accessory store. A little girl was up in front of me and I watched her, and she did really good, but I was not convinced that I would be okay. I asked the lady a lot of questions when it was my turn, like how long would it hurt? Would blood get on my shirt? And more importantly, could the post from the earring puncture my neck in the middle of the night, causing me to bleed to death? (that's when DH intervened and said it was time to carry on with the surgery (he might have said procedure). Anyhow, she counted to 3 and POP! My ear was pierced. It was not so bad, and we even did the other one! *grin* So, I felt like an idiot who wasted a perfectly good Valium and shot of Goldschlager. At least I was amused by everything after that.

Afterwards, DH carried me back to the car (LOL) and we went to dinner, then back to the hotel. It was very uneventful, but also very relaxing. He gave me a card that was so sweet. He addressed it to his wife who was 29 and 365 days old, and inside he wrote 30 things he loves about me. (he said I could share some)

Here are some of them;

I love the way you feel in my arms
I love the mother that you are to our children
I love the way you smell
I love the way your boobs look in your new bras
I love that after 10 years, I love you more each day
I love the way you moan when I massage you
I love that you have become more independent

This is only 7 of the 30, and some are more smutty, some are more sappy, but all were really sweet and touching. It made me cry when I read it.

We got home today in time to pick up the darling children, (HA!) They were fighting within minutes of being in the car (it was a nice thought though, momma!). My weekend was officially over. But, it was wonderful and a great way to turn 30.

I need to get caught up with everyone else! *smooches*

24 comments:

~Nutz said...

Awww! What a sweet card!

Bravo on the ear piercing thing!

...and *snort* @ the old people stuff!

*smooches*

volsfan said...

More old people stuff...I had the worse case of insomnia last night! I have been up for hours and it is only 8am!

Syren said...

Glad you had a wonderful time sweetie.

BlindSlim~CSTL said...

Awwww, your husband is quite the romantic. I wish I had half of his creativity. I'm glad you had a great time and even happier that you're back.

lights said...

*sniff* That's so sweet. I swear, Dave would be SO rewarded if he ever thought of something like that.

LMAO @ the "surgery". I had mine done when I was 12. I've often wanted to get a couple more done but just can't bring myself to do it again.

I? Would love to be 30 again. *mutters something about young whippersnappers thinking they're old then wanders off trying to remember what I was doing*

Bravie said...

Awwwww, what a great idea for the card. Glad you had fun. *smooch*

momma said...

How sweet is your DH!?!?!

That's too funny about your ears. Kayla has had hers done since she was about 18 months old. I've had my first holes since 16 and my 2nd holes since 18.

*smooch*

I'm quite proud of your DH for recognizing that you are becoming more independant. That's very important that he sees that, recognizes it and loves you more for it.

Jen said...

Awwwwwww! That is too cute. 29 and 365 days! How sweet of him. *sniff sniff*

Ok, enough mushy Jen.

*comes after Tab with a sharp earring post* (and a vegetable peeler) *snort!*

Seana said...

I missed you mostest!

Yer cute.

Good for you for being all brave.

Your DH sounds like a keeper.

mtw said...

Ummm, nobody else is going to comment on the window seat scrump? In full view of downtown? MY downtown?

*checks calendar*
*checks map*

Was that you????

momma said...

Wait a sec...mtw and mm live in the same town??!?

Sonya said...

Glad you had such a great b-day and finally got your ears pierced.

*hugs*

mm said...

LOL @ momma! Yes, we do. In fact, he only lives about 10 minutes from me, I think. He might have seen me and DH scrumping! Wow!

kim (weltek) said...

You're all killing me with this sappy stuff!

Seriously, I'm glad you had an awesome birthday!

Puffy said...

Was Claire's the name of the piercing place? They do it in all the malls; probably more often than the nurses in the doctors' offices.

Mr. MM sounds like a keeper. What a great birthday card!

By the way, I had my ears pierced at age 30, too. When you get pierced earrings as a gift, you do what you gotta do!

mtw said...

Momma, yes, we live about 10 mins away from each other, I'm *guessing*. She won't tell me the neighborhood she lives in, but she knows where I live.

We might as well live 10 hours away from each other, as far as prospective peep meets go. :(

I think it *was* her and DH I saw. :o
(If so, nice rack, MM!)

momma said...

Holy crap! You two are that close and have never met?!!? Ya'll are crazy.

And now you'll never meet if mtw really did see ya'll scrumpin' in the window seat.

mm said...

Jen! You evil woman! Keep those peelers away from me! (and what a memory!)

Puffy, yes, it was Claire's. Oh! And apparently Mike Bibby (of the Sacramento Kings) had his ear(s) pierced at the same place. :D

Oh and for all I know, MTW is just as much of a RL *stalker* so I need to remain hidden. :P Actually, someday maybe we'll all meet with Wanda and Catt and Bravie. It would be fun!

(note to MTW~ thanks, I was wearing one of the new bras)

mtw said...

Wanda, Catt, bravie, MM, me? OMH! I would think I had died and gone to heaven. Can we invite ginger too? And Puffy?

One guy does not deserve that much pleasure. But I'll manage somehow! :D

mm said...

Of course we can invite Ginger and Puffy, but Puffy is further away and would have to travel further. Of course, being the peep meet ho that she is, I bet we could convince her.

Ahhh! If only...

Glowie said...

That was sooooooo sweet of your husband. *sniff*

Belated Happy Birthday, hon.

Aislinn Sirk said...

I was just reading about someone who punctured their brain with a pierced ear and bled to death.

Supposedly, the risk of ear piercing related brain punctures increases with age.

mm said...

*squinty eyes @ Bob*

Hey Bob, you actually came up in my conversation with DH this weekend. I asked him to hand me my BOB. *sticks tongue out*

Emily RugBurn said...

Sounds like a wonderful, well-deserved weekend, mm. So glad you had a great time!

So... is there now, perhaps, a naval piercing in your future? I hear the ears are a "gateway" piercing...

:o)

~ EmRB