Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Drive by post...

Hey guys! Been insanely busy with things around here and I have barely had time to get online at all anymore. I still don't have access to most internet sites at work but my boss just realized that today and made a comment about changing that. Hopefully when we do get it fixed I'll be around more.

Work is going well - my boss has made comments to my dad that indicate he is really happy with me. In fact, his words were "she's the best hire I've ever made"...*blush*. He also said his wife feels the same way. Today he made comments to another lawyer that was there that he was "grooming me" and that I would be the last of his staff he would ever let go! I try hard to make him happy so it's these little comments that keep me focused. :)

I haven't been kayaking in weeks and I'm thinking maybe this weekend sometime if it's really "sunny" as the forecast says it will be. I think it said a high of 63. *crosses fingers*

I went to see Australia and Changeling recently...anyone seen those? Changeling was a rough one to watch and Australia was just ok, IMO. Would love some other opinions. Jess saw Twilight with my dad and wants me to go with her so she can see it again, so I might do that soon.

I'm hoping on Friday I'll be able to make the rounds and catch up with everyone here. I've been reading, just not logging in and commenting. Oh, and for the first time in ages I wandered into OT. Rather wish I hadn't. *sigh*

9 comments:

kim (weltek) said...

I've heard really bad reviews of Changeling. Not much yet about Australia. I'm not a huge Kidman fan, so I think I'll wait til it's free on tv.

Very awesome that you are doing so well at work! Those are awesome compliments!

Tummy said...

It's great to get such positive feedback!

Loved Australia - the little boy did it for me and Hugh without a shirt pouring water over his body was swoon worthy.

Haven't seen Changeling but Rob did, said I wouldn't like it. He knows me so I probably won't ever see it.

Swami said...

It's about time you updated, MMissy!

Awesome compliments from your boss. Someone needs to tell him that pay raises are another very good way to say "you are so appreciated"!

My cleaning lady loved Australia - which means it is probably way too wholesome for me. I forget what The Changeling is. I can't wait to see the remake of The Day The Earth Stood Still!

Bravie said...

Yay for being the office superstah. Are you going to become a lawyer? Will you defend me if I ever get arrested?

mtw said...

*missed you*
*smooch*

Glad you are doing so well at work and that your boss sees and appreciates your value. It certainly does not surprise me. :).

Glowie said...

I thought Changeling was really good. I liked it very much. The acting was superb. Australia (the movie) doesn't have anything going for it that makes me want to see it.

And I will just ditto Carey's request for defense.

Puffy said...

I loved Changeling, but haven't seen Australia. I don't like Nicole Kidman. I also loved The Secret Life of Bees. I'm looking forward to seeing Frost/Nixon.

What good news about work!! *claps hands* What a way to build that self-esteem!

Debcapsfan said...

I'm glad things are going well for you. Australia sounds a little long for me, but I haven't seen a movie in the theatre in ages.

Jen said...

Yay for you! I'm glad your boss appreciates how wonderful you are. :)

I haven't seen either of those movies. I plan to see Changeling because Glow said I should. :) Probably not until it comes out on DVD though.

Did you go kayaking? I can't believe that you're talking about kayaking while I've been buried under snow for the past month! No fair!

*besa*