I? Tried two new things recently. That is not really like me, since I'm a creature of habit. One thing was some "jasmine pearls" tea. There is this man at work that comes in every now and then and I have to admit, at first I was all nervous around him because he was this big bankruptcy trustee that I knew all about years ago when I did BKs for the office. Now, he is retired and consults with our BK department. Anyways, he is a rather odd, but friendly guy. One day we were making small talk and he asked what I drink every morning. I showed him my mug with the Lipton tea bag in it and he insisted that his tea was superb and I needed to try it. A couple days later he brought it in. I must say, I was surprised. They looked like marijuana balls (pea sized). I literally would not leave them in plain sight because of how they looked, lol. At any rate, I made tea with them the next day and OMG, pure heaven!!! It was like I was drinking sweetened perfume! I know, it sounds gross, but it really wasn't!
The other new thing I tried was kale. My boss' wife gets it at Whole Foods and it's tossed with olive oil and lemon juice (I think) and I really liked it! *shocker* I can't wait to go buy me some.In other food news, pomegranates are back in season! *waves to Carey* I got some at Costco and they are so big that I actually have to split it and only eat half at a time. Oh, and another thing! I *finally* got my new phone!!! Pics:

I'm hoping to see my BFF this Saturday to go kayaking... I'm waiting for confirmation from her (she reads this so maybe she'll hurry up and call me, lol).
I also went to our annual family trip to the local apple farm and I have pics from that, too, but will update with those later. I have so many blogs to catch up on now...
*smooches*
5 comments:
The tea sounds like something I'd dislike. I don't like perfumey tasting beverages (why I don't like hoppy beers that use cascade hops). However, I love kale! Let's get together and eat some kale. I'll bring my own tea (currently discovered Arizona has tea bags & I'm drinking the mandarin green tea). :-)
Your phone is so cute. And it makes me crush on you a little because you go kayaking.
It's about time you updated, missy!
I will have to try Jasmine Pearl tea. Currently I am drinking either Celestial Seasonings Indian Spices Chai or Red Rose Tea (which is a Lipton product sold only in Canada (I think).) It is tastier, stronger and more aromatic than US Lipton tea.
Kale is okay. Not my fave, but okay.
Very cool phone!
I love Kale. I'm a big veggie eater and there isn't much I don't like.
Yay for trying new things.
Yay for getting the new phone! Oh, and thanks for reminding me - I have a pomegranate in my tennis bag! There is a man who plays tennis at the club who always brings me fruit from his trees. Wednesday, he brought me a pomegranate. :)
Hope you two have fun kayaking.
*smooch*
I tried some tea and milk to help me sleep, but it only made me go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. Maybe kale would do the trick...
Post a Comment