Thursday, October 09, 2008

The Niner Game

It all started when my brother or father mentioned it to my DD. When I found out that Steve Young was going to retire his jersey, I really wanted to go, too. I figured we were definitely going to go since we are all usually swayed by my older brother and he's the one who was all intent on going. I even bought DD a Steve Young jersey to wear. Well on Saturday, my DB changed his mind. Him and my father (and younger bro) decided to drive to Manteca to some Bass fishing place (or something). DD was crushed. I found her later in her room crying, though she tried to deny it and then later confessed that she was really bummed, but said she "didn't want to seem selfish". I told my brother about it and suggested we all watch the game together at the house and try to make it fun (more so than when we typically get together to watch a game) and instead he got all fired up and decided we'd go after all. I argued a bit because the tickets were pretty expensive at $100 per person. But he insisted and said he was going to pay. In the end, we found someone selling 6 tickets and a parking pass. The seats were pretty good. I have to say, it was *nothing* like I remember from years past. The parking lot was JAMMED with tail-gaters. It was insane how many people there were. It really gets you hyped up!

Anyways, the game itself started out good and then ended badly. I kinda knew they'd be losing, but we got to see Steve Young, Jerry Rice and and Brent Jones. I got a little teary eyed when they mentioned Bill Walsh and the old days. I'm glad we went.


Here's our group: (my younger brother on the left bought a niner hat right after this pic was taken)





Oh and Look! A new shoes picture! *grin* These shoes have the potential to be my favorites. The one and only downside to them is that after wearing them for a few hours at work, they started to squeak when I walk. I seem to have that problem a lot. All my shoes with platforms squeak! Does anyone else have this problem??? I'm beside myself with frustration. My office is carpeted and too quiet to walk around in squeaky shoes. I can't tell if it's the platform or my feet inside the shoe. Help!




10 comments:

mtw said...

Yay! I'm glad you guys got to go and DD wasn't disappointed. She seems like such a wonderful kid. :)

Love the pics, too. Can't help you with the shoes, though.

*smooch*

Glowie said...

You are smokin' hot.

Jen said...

I hate squeaky shoes. I have one pair that I hardly ever wear because they're uncomfortable, but when I do wear them, they squeak. It must be a platform thing, because that's what they are, though not high heels. Weird.

frodis said...

I've had squeaky shoes. I always figure that the heel is loose. Once upon a time I was working in New Orleans and had to walk through a mall to get from my hotel to the convention center. My shoe was squeaking so much it was driving me nuts, so I took off my shoes in the middle of the mall, threw them in the trash, and bought a new pair right there (there was an Aerosoles store.) I might have been a wee bit hungover which made the squeak unbearable.

Sounds like a wonderful time at the game! I'm glad you got to go!

Swami said...

The game day photos are great! I haven't been to Vikings game in ages because I can always think of things I would rather do with the money. Besides, the Vikings generally suck.

I hate squeaky shoes, but haven't had any squeakers for a while. Of coure, I rarely wear high heels anymore - and they are the usual squeak sources. The worst thing is when one shoe squeaks and the other one doesn't. Then you not only feel conspicuous but also somehow incompetent.

Bravie said...

So lucky. I was very jealous.

Puffy said...

The shoes are adorable. So are you and DD.

kim (weltek) said...

You are so cute with your fancy niners-colored clothes.

I have squeaky shoes, too. It's the rubber soles on mine. It's embarassing sometimes.

Terry said...

Very nice post. Steve Young was a great player and seems like a good guy.

Aislinn Sirk said...

hint: remove the mice before walking in the shoes.