Saturday, October 25, 2008
Great day
Saturday was a good day. My BFF and I met at Starbucks for coffee and then set out for a local lake. I'd only been there once so for me, it was a slight adventure just to drive there on my own, lol. When we got there, we were shocked at the huge crowd that was there. Apparently there were some big rowing races of some sort going on. The main parking lot was jam packed and we were directed to another lot that was almost a mile away. We seriously reconsidered going kayaking because the thought of kayaking in front of hundreds of people and also having to be mindful of staying out the way was a little unnerving. Still, we did not want to give up so we decided to walk over and at least take a look at the situation. When we got there, my BFF (Brianne) started to get nervous because it does look kinda scary getting into the kayaks. She's such a baby, lol. *waves to BFF* At any rate, we decided to go for it. We are SO glad we did. It was awesome (other than getting blisters. Next time; gloves).

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




8 comments:
First of all, you look fabulous :)
Next, I love kayaking - and that area looks beautiful. Glad you had a great day.
I am jealous of that lovely warm weather. My nose is cold.
Like Bob, I'm jealous. My kayaks are now stored under the cottage for the winter and I'm looking outside at remnants of snow from Tuesday. *pout*
So now that you're experienced you should come for a visit and I'll take you for a kayak ride around MY lake! But you should wait for summer.
Yay for you!!! What fun. Great pics.
Good for you two! You look so cute in your little kayaks! :) The pics made me smile, and I'm so impressed with your adventurousness.
*smooch*
*smooch for BFF too*
Ooooh, how cool for you. I have never been kayaking. I don't know why, just never have.
God, that looks peaceful. I hope you enjoyed yourself because that looks picturesque.
I'd rather kayak in a doubles boat so I don't have to work so hard.
*admires MM's muscles*
Post a Comment