Thursday, July 31, 2008

More pics that I've been meaning to share...

First off, this is a pic I took while in the drive thru at Starbucks. What you *don't* see here is the sign on the chain-link fence that says this is a KinderCare (daycare). When I saw this, I was appalled. I immediately went on a verbal rampage to my daughter about what kind of parent would sign up for this and where on earth were the kids supposed to play??? How many kids could they possibly fit in here and how freakin' uncomfortable it would be..., right?? And how is it safe when it's *right* next to a drive thru?? My daughter thought I was joking. Apparently, it was obvious to everyone but me that this was the temporary construction office for the giant facility they were building (not pictured and to the left). Doh! I felt like an idiot. Now, it's good for a laugh whenever we go to Starbucks.





SHOES:



These are my purple shoes that I've been meaning to share with you. I can't seem to get a good picture that shows the color, so I guess they'll look black, but they are a beautiful deep purple color. They are too big for me but I refuse to part with them.





These are the red ones I bought while on my girls weekend. I took this pic on my desk at work (lol) so please excuse the mess. They are pretty comfortable and I *love* them muchly. :) Thanks for humoring me, guys. ;-) And Swami, the purple ones are an example of a hidden platform, while the red are not.

Now I'm in search of some better brown ones (mine have zero platform) and some cute pink ones. I found the perfect pair while shopping with Carey but they were more than I want to spend on an off-color like pink. I won't wear them all the time, only with certain outfits. It's always good to have shoes you're searching for, IMO. Something to live for. ;-)

P.S. If there is one or more people on your friends list who make your world a better place just because they exist, and who you would not have met (in real life or not) without the Internet, then post this same sentence in your journal.

11 comments:

Puffy said...

I'm still laughing about picture number one. I'd have made the same mistake. I noticed the platform on the red shoes, then scrolled back to look for a platform on the purple ones. I do see the deep purple color. Very rich looking. I agree with your P.S. Is this intended for a blog or for Facebook?

MM said...

I should have mentioned that the purple ones have a black heel. It's almost impossible to see in this pic, but I do like the black heel. Thanks for commenting, my blog was feeling lonely today! LOL!

Zombs said...

Hey that's where I'm bringing Meghan. YOu don't think I should?

Bravie said...

I think it's the perfect size for daycare. Keeps them all contained and stops them from running rampant.

Is that Beeno and a thing of deoderant on your desk? That's just weird.

Did I mention that Boo and I spoke on the phone the other day? *smirk*

Swami said...

Okay, I see the difference. I don't think I have ever had purple shoes. I've had every shade of red - but never purple.

I think purple shoes with a black heel would be very cool. I had a pair of scarlet red shoes with a bright brass heel once - very cool & sexy! Of course, that was when Disco ruled the world, lol.

Bravie said...

*waves to the pooter*

MM said...

*would wave back if there was a live person there*

mtw said...

Heh! I'll laugh when I pass that trailer now, too. And thanks for pointing out the hidden platform thing.

*still confused*

I added your P.S. to my latest blog entry. *smooch*

lights said...

We all have blonde moments occasionally. *grin*

Dusterboy would love the purple shoes. It's his favourite colour. I, however, would never be able to walk in them and would tower above him if I wore them.

*smoooch*

Anonymous said...

LOL at Picture Number 1.

The purple ones look black to me, and the red ones look purple.

Glowie said...

Is that a Bingo dobber?