Monday, April 21, 2008

These...


Were in the Mervyn's ad today. They were $20. I bought them. :) They are not as good as the Ebay ones I wanted (pic below) but they were a couple dollars less due to the lack of shipping (though the gas to get there may have covered that, lol). I bought some other shoes there but have to take them back because they just don't fit as well as I thought they did. They are a cute pair of New Balance tennis shoes and a pair of super cute brown sandals. I hate that I have to take them back.

I had a pretty busy weekend again, but I ended skipping church and a baby shower I was supposed to go to. *bad Tab*

How do you feel when you see kids getting engaged and married at 18? Me? Horrified. Is that wrong? I was at a party on Saturday and the family who threw it is one I used to babysit for. The son who is 25 I think, is engaged to a 17 year old. It kills me. Is that a normal reaction to hearing news like that? I guess I just want kids to get out and live a little, date a little and *know for sure* when they settle down. WTF is the rush?

Anyways, it was a cool, somewhat "country" party. The kids had a great time and there was a band and everything, all wearing cowboy hats and boots, lol. Very cute. I think it's catching up to me now because I am tired! I have to learn to reset my clock so that I can be asleep at a decent hour and awake earlier. I'm dreading starting work next week. What a baby. *sigh*

How was YOUR weekend?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lots to comment on here.

Shoes. Wow. Okay. Yeah. *smile* I think that for our peep meet next month, you should totally wear sneakers.

Married at 18. I think I have conflicting views. There is a part of me that likes the idea of a true love that can last a lifetime. But, based on my own life, I think that it really is better do wait. Go out and experience the world. Life.

I also (based on personal experience) think that a realationship between a 25 year old and a 17 year old is completely inappropriate. And I would have Conner's head if he ever even thought about it.

My weekend was okay. Saturday was beautiful. We had a lot of outdoor time. Sunday sucked because it rained all day long. All day. And into today. My golf tournament today got cancelled.

mtw said...

Wow, a 25 year old going out with a 17 year old! I think 17 is WAY too young to think about getting married, and it's hard to imagine a 25 year old man dating a 17 year old. And if they're engaged, then presumably, they've been dating since she was 16???

What's that formula? Half you age plus four? I guess that would make her fair game (12+4=16), but still!

Glad you guys had a great time. Please enjoy your last week before work starts and get lots and lots done! *smooch*

Buggy said...

I want cute shoes now!!!!!

18 is too young, but I guess it isn't too young for everyone, just maybe generally too young, and judt what I think, but what do I know, some people it's probably perfect for.

25 and 17 seems wrong to me, but Hubby is nearly 7 years older than I am, but I was 27, so what do I know.

MM said...

I know Boo, I'm getting sick of my own shoe obsession. I'll stop. ;-)

I agree with you on the marriage, obviously.

Mark, the girl is almost 18 and they've been dating for 5 months, so she was 17 when they met. For some reason, the age difference didn't bother me nearly as much as the fact that she's settling down already.

Hi Buggy! I guess you are right, it just might work for some people. My mom was 17 when my dad met her and they married when she was barely 18. He was 23.

Anonymous said...

Well, Michael is 12 years older than me.

He graduated high school when I graduated Kindgergarten.

I was 20 when we started dating, he 32. I could not legally drink a beer when we started dating. Looking back, it didn't really matter; however I had already been on my own for three years and had previously been involved with an older fella (me 16, he 25), and had also gone through that whole first love thing when I was 14 and he was 19.

I still think it's wrong. I think it's inappropriate - my first two experiences included.

While I don't think 16 and 17 year olds are naive, I still think there are a lot of life situations they should nto be exposed to at that age. Maybe "exposed" is the wrong word here. Maybe "experience" is a better word.

kim (weltek) said...

Super cute shoes! Indeed very close to the ebay ones.

I don't know that I'm "horrified" at the young engagements, but "disappointed" would be a good word. So few times do those marriages work out, and yes, I wish they'd "live a little" first.

A 17 yo getting engaged, period, is horrible in this day in age. Today's 17 yo is NOT mature enough for marriage. I was very mature for my age, and NO WAY was I mature enough then.

My weekend was good. The bridal shower was ok and the meet with dragonflies was a fun treat. Sunday we worked very hard around the house. Washed vehicles, painted exterior trim, did yardwork, fixed computer, and fixed our backed up septic (yeah, that was fun).

Puffy said...

I watched "My Big Redneck Wedding" on the CMT channel. A 19 year old girl married an 18 year old guy. The entire bridal party wore camoflauge.

My weekend: family, family, and more family. It was good to be alone today.

Kimmah said...

My weekend was pretty meh.

Your shoes are cute! My email ones will be here on Friday. I wish they were here NOW, dammit.

Married at 18 drives me crazy. It almsot never works out and it is so sad. A 25 yo and a 17 yo? Yikes. That's going to be a weird marriage, IMO.


My sleep clock is totally out of whack. At this point I'm just trying to survive until summer break.